Tee Martin Obviously Wanted To Be Here

Tad Footeball

1996 Interim Big East Conference Commissioner
Premium
Enough so that he floated his own name directly to anyone that'd listen.

If comparable OC opportunities don't arise then why not come on here as a very well paid WR coach/elite recruiter/OC-in-waiting?

IF our offense gets going then that's going to be a reputational rising tide that the entire staff enjoys. He takes over IF Enos dips in 2 years and he gets comparable outside job offers that he'd get if he's the OC at a Toledo level type of school for the next two seasons.

Sure, it's just a rationale in my own mind to get an elite recruiter/good positions coach on staff but it also seemingly wouldn't be a bad career move for a guy that obviously wants to live here.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Enough so that he floated his own name directly to anyone that'd listen.

If comparable OC opportunities don't arise then why not come on here as a very well paid WR coach/elite recruiter/OC-in-waiting?

IF our offense gets going then that's going to be a reputational rising tide that the entire staff enjoys. He takes over IF Enos dips in 2 years or he gets comparable job offers that he'd get if he's the OC at a Toledo level type of school for the next two seasons.

Sure, it's just a rationale in my own mind to get an elite recruiter/good positions coach on staff but it also seemingly wouldn't be a bad career move for a guy that obviously wants to live here.

Got to think Enos would have to sign off on it and will not be strictly a Manny decision.

Advertisement
Miami can give him a big pay raise with extra responsibility like receiver coach/assistant head coach or something

Advertisement
Advertisement
Then lets put it this way. The guy who just got let go by USC because of poor performance does not deserve a lucrative title at Miami.

I get the gist of what you're saying but the titles themself are often only used to publicly justify pay raises and/or lucrative salaries. And while there's a strong case to be made that Martin didn't deserve our actual OC title, he absolutely would deserve a lucrative salary to be an elite recruiter and good positions coach with us.

Then lets put it this way. The guy who just got let go by USC because of poor performance does not deserve a lucrative title at Miami.

It's really moreso based on what we deserve in terms of recruiting and coaching,...trying to pull in the best help possible given our limit of 10 slots. Don't really give a **** what the coaches "deserve." The only award I'm concerned about is a national title.

Advertisement
Back