Tee Martin Obviously Wanted To Be Here

Advertisement
I get the gist of what you're saying but the titles themself are often only used to publicly justify pay raises and/or lucrative salaries. And while there's a strong case to be made that Martin didn't deserve our actual OC title, he absolutely would deserve a lucrative salary to be an elite recruiter and good positions coach with us.
I dont see how he has done anything to show he deserves a lucrative salary at Miami. The guy was a complete failure last season. Bring him in as a WR coach and nothing more then let him prove he actually deserves something.

I dont see how he has done anything to show he deserves a lucrative salary at Miami. The guy was a complete failure last season. Bring him in as a WR coach and nothing more then let him prove he actually deserves something.

We can agree to disagree on his value but you wouldn't get him under the pretenses of "come prove yourself as a positions coach first" unless he truly has ZERO interest elsewhere as he's too highly regarded as a recruiter for that to happen.

Advertisement
No thank you.

Let Enos pick his guys to run his system. We don't need someone with a co-coordinator title just to keep them sweet.

We can agree to disagree on his value but you wouldn't get him under the pretenses of "come prove yourself as a positions coach first" unless he truly has ZERO interest elsewhere as he's too highly regarded as a recruiter for that to happen.
He really isnt that highly regarded except for some random people on this forum jizzing them selves to his name for the last 2 weeks.

No thank you.

Let Enos pick his guys to run his system. We don't need someone with a co-coordinator title just to keep them sweet.

Let coach pick his guys to recruit and help run his program,...since he will ultimately live or die with the hires. A playbook is only going to get you so far.

No thank you.

Ohhh, I'd absolutely defer to Enos but the co-OC thing is very widely used. Most of the time it's beyond obvious who the real OC is. But I'd be fine with giving him the Jess Simpson "Associate Head Coach" title too.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Enough of the Co-OC because we have an OC.

Uhhhhmmm,.....kay. Any other reasons or is it just that simple?
It’s just a title. It’s an ego thing. What’s he gonna be co ordinating? Obviously it wasn’t discussed with Enos when we hired him and he surely isn’t gonna hire him with that title. So seems like we are going down a road to nowhere

Advertisement
It’s just a title. It’s an ego thing.

It's a BUSINESS thing. People are promoted and/or given titles all the time in business to be brought in and or promoted. Money isin't the only lucrative thing that is used.

A resume and an ego are 2 completely separate things.

Obviously you aren't a businessman. Just think you should know it's standard procedure in attracting the best staffing you can.

It's a BUSINESS thing. People are promoted and/or given titles all the time in business to be brought in and or promoted. Money isin't the only lucrative thing that is used.

A resume and an ego are 2 completely separate things.

Obviously you aren't a businessman. Just think you should know it's standard procedure in attracting the best staffing you can.
Like jimmy said years ago it’s a recipe for disaster having a coach on your staff that wanted/interviewed for the job you got.

Advertisement
Back