Te'Cory Couch and others notes

Advertisement
For clarification, yes, it is all speculation and clearly labeled opinion/speculation. Just potential reasons why things are changing. As I said, will try to find out if anything specific is causing the change.
Speculative reporting seems to generate negative reactions and may often be counter productive to the program,

Well I'm curious to what Mcintosh is going to do because him and Sanguinetti have been saying they're a package deal for the longest and that doesn't look like it's gonna happen at the U.
McIntosh is a good prospect but he is also a very replaceable one this class. Mellusi, carter, Wright and also other up and coming backs are all worthy of that last spot next to Crowley.

Advertisement
I doubt Brownlee sticks, hes started to get talked up after some very impressive camps. Witlong or whatever his name is has a huge boner for Brownlee after seeing him live.

Probably the typical sfla kid that jumps on board hinting a spot until somebody else comes calling. That’s me just going off his interviews, nothing more .

south florida savages are so much tougher than kids from west coast! name a player from la area that's starred at any of the big four outside of the few here. give me state of miami!!!
Congrats, wear the mark of the ****** proudly!

That's the story for most collegiate defensive backs. The dude was second team All SEC as a true freshman, he was a miss and would be starting this year for us.

Guy was afraid of competition so he went to a 4 win dumpster fire. Defensive dionte Mullins

Advertisement
The staff not really recruiting Elam is keeping me up at night lol. Theres gotta be something behind the scenes we dont know about.

What's the story with Miami's apparent lack of interest in Elam? Grades? Character? Physical/size limitations? Other? Don't know anything about the kid.

Also seems like they were trying to force some people's hands with the recent commitments... Hopefully they don't backfire
Alabama and uga do that ****.. Why does Miami have to suck you off until you decide.

Advertisement
Chaminade 4-star CB Te'Cory Couch decommitted from Michigan today. Things have changed between him and Miami lately, as well as Miami's CB board, so here's the timeline from what I can piece together.

Timeline

**Last Saturday, a source close to the program said they were on the fence about taking Couch, but UM felt that if they pushed for him, they were extremely confident he would flip to them.

**Sometime earlier this week, Miami decided they were not confident in the way his recruitment was going and pressured Chris Steele to either silently commit or cancel his official visit so Miami could move on. Steele then changed his OV to South Carolina.

**Thursday, Jarvis Brownlee commits to UM.

**On Thursday I was also told by a UM commit to expect a Couch flip soon; however, I wasn't sure if Miami would take it.

**Apparently the time to push for Couch was now, as his decommitment from Michigan today is directly related to UM's renewed interest. Expect a Couch commitment announcement to UM in the next week or so. I was told this take is Miami choosing Couch over Jaden Davis.

It's almost baffling as to why the board at corner has changed multiple times in the past few weeks, so I'm going to work to find out why that is.

Pure Opinion/Specualtion: There could be multiple reasons why the board has changed.

**Miami is evaluating and changing opinions on certain guys
**Confidence is low in Blades or Bethel since they've hit campus
**UM is not as confident in landing top targets at DB like Stevenson or Richards
**UM believes Richards will ultimately play offense
**Staff is guarding against a potential Brownlee flip
**Staff is prepared to drop Good, Brownlee, or Couch after senior season evals

Again will work to find out what's going on. You'll be the first to know

I think you should remove your speculation bull**** from this post and refrain from that going forward. This isn’t amateur hour.

Guy was afraid of competition so he went to a 4 win dumpster fire. Defensive dionte Mullins

First of all, Florida went 9-4 and just came off winning the SEC east, just to get your facts straight. So he was afraid of competition so he signed with a team that signed 4 other CB's and was returning Duke Dawson? I'm not sure why you guys just can't admit that we missed on him. There are plenty of other examples where we missed on a guy and he went on to suck, but the argument just doesn't hold for Henderson at this point.

Advertisement
Very good analysis Stefan! Sadly, if even half of these below-talking points are true, and I believe some to be, it just confirms what I already know - the leadership at CB coaching & recruiting is a complete amateur hack job at this point. CMR has to really be regretting not being able to land Corey Raymond :-(

**UM is not as confident in landing top targets at DB like Stevenson or Richards

Past "2" years??? You mean missing on "BJ Endo" and his butt buddy Edwards? Yes, last class was a miss, but we still got top notch players in Blades, Ivey, and Frierson. I don't classify last class a bust at DB considering who we pulled. 2 years ago was bad, but not as bad as we thought it turns out as the **** commits of BJ, Wilson, and Edwards have been meh....

Yup - for all the guys we missed on, we still ended up with an excellent class. That's the nice thing about being in S. Florida where DB talent is so abundant. However, the 2019 class doesn't have nearly the abundance of studs that the 2018 class had.

Oh, and I'd definitely still take Henderson.

It's almost baffling as to why the board at corner has changed multiple times in the past few weeks, so I'm going to work to find out why that is.

Pure Opinion/Specualtion: There could be multiple reasons why the board has changed.

Again will work to find out what's going on. You'll be the first to know

The veterans of the board will likely agree...this is your answer.

That isn't to say there isn't a sprinkling of being prepared to drop them after senior evals or Richards playing offense, etc. Those could be a little sprinkle, but the real answer is the lack of confidence in top targets.

Also, as I've said before...the cycle has changed...with the new early signing period, these "Plan B" types become Plan A2 type players because you need to make a decision on them before their senior season.

Advertisement
Back