Te'Cory Couch and others notes

Couch would be the best CB commit since Blades Jr. imo. College-ready technique and movement skill. He has long arms so I think he can play outside once he gets stronger. His skillset overlaps with Bandy but that's a good problem to have and they are spaced 2 years apart.

This is the type of player Shannon/Golden would ignore because of strict size thresholds who would then ball out at VagTech, Louisville or Purdue.

Advertisement
Miami ****ed up

Let Steele visit first before making that opinion.
Steele was never coming or comitting to the U. There's a reason he was given the ultimatum. The lil footsies he tried to play was bs, a top 2 of Oregon and the U but a heavy gator lean?

Finding a hard time believing the Steele note, how do you get a kid to silent commit who's never been on campus?

Pure Opinion/Specualtion: There could be multiple reasons why the board has changed.

**Miami is evaluating and changing opinions on certain guys
**Confidence is low in Blades or Bethel since they've hit campus
**UM is not as confident in landing top targets at DB like Stevenson or Richards
**UM believes Richards will ultimately play offense
**Staff is guarding against a potential Brownlee flip
**Staff is prepared to drop Good, Brownlee, or Couch after senior season evals

I took all of that as seemingly baseless speculation from Stefan

For clarification, yes, it is all speculation and clearly labeled opinion/speculation. Just potential reasons why things are changing. As I said, will try to find out if anything specific is causing the change.

Advertisement
D07B337B-10AC-4D3F-B701-2120FD5C98C7.jpeg
This is that length I’m talking about. He’s skinny but he got them chimp arms. Boy is long as ****. That makes up for size tremendously. How long you are is more important than how tall. You defend passes with you arms not with you heard.

Advertisement
It's been said many times on this board before but it just boggles my mind that the effing University of Miami has trouble keeping top end DBs home. Is it really all about the bags for these kids?

View attachment 60478This is that length I’m talking about. He’s skinny but he got them chimp arms. Boy is long as ****. That makes up for size tremendously. How long you are is more important than how tall. You defend passes with you arms not with you heard.
There's so much that goes into measurable that isnt talked about.

In basketball for example, you get a guy like Chris Bosh who is a near 7 footer, but he's got a giraffe neck and average wingspan so his listed height is deceptive.

Somebody like D Wade is actually undersized for a shooting guard, but he has great wingspan, and standing reach which allowed him to play ab9ve his listed height.

Gotta evaluate more than just height and weight, especially w DBs.

south florida savages are so much tougher than kids from west coast! name a player from la area that's starred at any of the big four outside of the few here. give me state of miami!!!

Wha?????? Just stop with the nonsense.

I think it has to do with either Richards or Stephenson.

Richards wants offense not CB and Miami took next CB on board

OR

Stephenson no go and Richards will play S here so took next CB

Advertisement
There's so much that go into measurable that aren't talked about.

In basketball for example, you get a guy like Chris Bosh who is a 7 footer, but he's got a giraffe neck and average wingspan so his listed height is deceptive.

Somebody like D Wade is actually undersized for a shooting guard, but he has great wingspan, and standing reach which allowed him to play ab9ve his listed height.

Gotta evaluate more than just height and weight, especially w DBs.
Exaclty. You gotta look at frame, bluilt, length. I’m sure the team has people that know about this and that examine it themselves. This kid is long as ****. Looks like a pogo stick.

I think it has to do with either Richards or Stephenson.

Richards wants offense not CB and Miami took next CB on board

OR

Stephenson no go and Richards will play S here so took next CB

My guess is it's the second scenario although I don't have a great feeling about Richards either.

Advertisement
Staff ****ed up not taking Couch and Davis commitments. They realized they ****ed up and they were recruiting behind the scenes. Steele and Dent aren’t coming

I like Couch and would be happy with the take. Good use of hands and feet at the LOS. Not afraid to tackle. Kid can become really good under Rumph

This staff will get it together, Miami is recruiting the type of recruit's they want!! Once the season gets under way, we will start seeing names pop up and we will find out the true interest for majority of these recruits..

Couch is a name that was talked about early on, but he committed and his name faded but it looks like the staff was still talking to him and just made a serious pitch and he de-committed and could be our next flip..

We can't rule out certain recruits because we haven't heard anything about them for awhile, the staff is working behind the scenes!!

Advertisement
Back