Team will be 4-0 heading into the showdown with FSU

The Franchise said > Losers look for that 1 play to make themselves feel like they were 1 play from winning. Meanwhile, they conveniently ignore all the negative plays that the opponent overcame in beating you.

DING DING DING!

Last edited:
Advertisement
I agree that we head into FSU with a 4-0 record. If we have more than 1 lost at that point, we might be headed for the worst season since 1977.

Sad to say, but we'll be 2-2 at that point and it will be, for sure, our worst season since '77. FACK.

We'll start the season 4-0 and then lose 4 conference games and finish 4th or 5th in the Crapstal again. What is it that you people don't understand?

Advertisement
Thinking we were about 7-0 heading into that game few years back. This just means the collapse would last an extra month I guess. Not sure Al can coach 4-0 again though.

I see a lot of "If's" about the Nebraska game last year. The "ifs" of that game could have gone both ways, lots of iffy reffing (both ways) at gaem changing moments. Fact is, you gave up 200+ running yards to a man that is gone, but last year, he beat you fair and square. He made your front 6 (seriously.....your box had 6 vs a running squad WTF) his prison brides. That is all irrelevant this year, but for you delusional fans convinced that game was your if it wasn't for one fumble, you forget the 50/50 roughing call that called back a pick. Lets call it null and void and you were down 17 points with 20 seconds left.

I came over here to keep an eye on how Hurricanes fans were feeling about their year. To put Nebraska in perspective, we will dearly miss Abdullah, our OL was poorly coached and had a void of guard talent. This year a lot of that is fixed because Cavanaugh is a good (from my understanding) OL coach and our guards have grown up a bit. I expect us to be able to effectively nickel and dime the run game fairly well, but it won't be Abdullah, it can't be our saving grace. Adam Taylor coming off of injury, Mikale Wilbon coming off of a RS, potentially Jordan Stevenson coming in as an Freshman and the progression (I am skeptical) of Terrell Newby will attempt to replace Abdullah. We will need to be more effective tossing the pig skin. Armstrong will be our man again which isn't good as he isn't an effective QB and I don't feel that can be taught, the coaches have adapted more to his liking, they have added ZR and more spread running looks to what they previously were used too at OSU and the Giants. Thats good, except the fact it means we are operating in areas in which they may not be the most well equipped coaches. Our LBs are thin and inexperienced. Our DE depth isn't spectacular, but our DE's can seal an edge very well. Combine that with two stud (yes stud) DTs who are both coming off of good years and both were very young when you faced them, but now reaching their prime age. (one is going to be a true JR #7 and the other an RS JR) Our safeties are going to only be better and same with our CBs, but the loss of Mitchell could hurt in terms of tenacity. On offense, our WRs will have more talent, but Kenny Bell our deep threat is gone. The stud freshman last year, Demornay Pierson-el is both an offensive and ST threat and should be feared.

Overall, you can talk smack on our talent, but it is overall improving, still no where near a championship level team. The thing is, neither is Miami, so there is a lot of misplaced confidence in this thread and probably a lot of unwarranted pessimism. The game is a toss up in my opinion, but I like our chances because of our interior DL is skilled in both rushing and stopping the run which should make our DEs and LBs look better than they really are and our DB can clean up well. Miami lost a lot of talent off of a mediocre squad and the coaching hasn't changed. I'd put money on Nebraska if I weren't so sure that I am just looking at it with rose colored lenses.

See you in Miami Gardens fellas, I have 23 people coming down for the game and I would like to thank a lot of your fans for fullfiling my ticket needs.

With a close win against Nebraska, we could very well be 4-0. That's not the rough part. October is a nightmare for Al Golden.
Cincy, FSU, Clemson, and VTech. We can go 4-0 and still need a new coach by November. (Well, we've needed a new coach for several Novembers..)

Advertisement
First off, let me preface this by reiterating that I have as little faith as is possible in this staff.

That said, I believe this team has that Nebraska game circled on the calendar. I also believe that the Huskers will have a semi-rough transition in Riley's first year and without Ameer Abdullah.

Bethune - easy win
FAU - should be an easy win
Nebraska - I think we win a close one
Cincy - 10 days to prepare, crushed them last season

FSU - ???
I predict 3-1 before the FSU game. UM's coaches will find a way to lose to either Nebraska or Cincinnati. For the season, I predict 7-5, but 6-6 and 8-4 are also possible.

I'm not a believer in Golden but predicting a loss to FAU, even given our program's castration, is laughable.

The only reason I feel a win over Nebraska may be possible is because it's a 3:30 day game in Miami. Sun Life ain't the OB, but the heat should play a factor in the game. If Nebraska decides to pound the ball on us though.... we may be in for a long afternoon.

Still, 4-0 won't matter and will probably be a facade more than anything else. Did any Cane fan really believe we were the #7 team in the country in 2013 after starting off 7-0 and about to take on #2 FSU in Doak? If so, that game and the rest of the season were a rude awakening.

Clemson, FSU, VT, GT. That's our season folks. Anyone confident we're going to come out .500 or better in these games?

Advertisement
I see a lot of "If's" about the Nebraska game last year. The "ifs" of that game could have gone both ways, lots of iffy reffing (both ways) at gaem changing moments. Fact is, you gave up 200+ running yards to a man that is gone, but last year, he beat you fair and square. He made your front 6 (seriously.....your box had 6 vs a running squad WTF) his prison brides. That is all irrelevant this year, but for you delusional fans convinced that game was your if it wasn't for one fumble, you forget the 50/50 roughing call that called back a pick. Lets call it null and void and you were down 17 points with 20 seconds left.

I came over here to keep an eye on how Hurricanes fans were feeling about their year. To put Nebraska in perspective, we will dearly miss Abdullah, our OL was poorly coached and had a void of guard talent. This year a lot of that is fixed because Cavanaugh is a good (from my understanding) OL coach and our guards have grown up a bit. I expect us to be able to effectively nickel and dime the run game fairly well, but it won't be Abdullah, it can't be our saving grace. Adam Taylor coming off of injury, Mikale Wilbon coming off of a RS, potentially Jordan Stevenson coming in as an Freshman and the progression (I am skeptical) of Terrell Newby will attempt to replace Abdullah. We will need to be more effective tossing the pig skin. Armstrong will be our man again which isn't good as he isn't an effective QB and I don't feel that can be taught, the coaches have adapted more to his liking, they have added ZR and more spread running looks to what they previously were used too at OSU and the Giants. Thats good, except the fact it means we are operating in areas in which they may not be the most well equipped coaches. Our LBs are thin and inexperienced. Our DE depth isn't spectacular, but our DE's can seal an edge very well. Combine that with two stud (yes stud) DTs who are both coming off of good years and both were very young when you faced them, but now reaching their prime age. (one is going to be a true JR #7 and the other an RS JR) Our safeties are going to only be better and same with our CBs, but the loss of Mitchell could hurt in terms of tenacity. On offense, our WRs will have more talent, but Kenny Bell our deep threat is gone. The stud freshman last year, Demornay Pierson-el is both an offensive and ST threat and should be feared.

Overall, you can talk smack on our talent, but it is overall improving, still no where near a championship level team. The thing is, neither is Miami, so there is a lot of misplaced confidence in this thread and probably a lot of unwarranted pessimism. The game is a toss up in my opinion, but I like our chances because of our interior DL is skilled in both rushing and stopping the run which should make our DEs and LBs look better than they really are and our DB can clean up well. Miami lost a lot of talent off of a mediocre squad and the coaching hasn't changed. I'd put money on Nebraska if I weren't so sure that I am just looking at it with rose colored lenses.

See you in Miami Gardens fellas, I have 23 people coming down for the game and I would like to thank a lot of your fans for fullfiling my ticket needs.

Miami's talent level is bounds and leaps ahead of Nebraska's

Nebraska's coaching staff is bounds and leaps ahead of Miami's

But coaching won last year bcuz our staff just didnt know how to stop ONE FOOTBALL PLAYER ON YOUR TEAM

As long as Golden is our coach, I will give you guys the edge

If one play does not matter, then you guys should all call Pete Carroll and ask him.

****, I have heard every single NFL coach talk about 1 play at a time, momentum, how momentum affects a game etc. Do negative plays sometimes never really get recovered from? **** yeah. So one play in the first quarter is different than say the late in the third. If you have a drop happen, it becomes null when you catch a break on the very next play. Once Duke fumbled and we went down two scores, it not only put us behind two scores, it made us one dimensional on offense. So, yes one play does matter. Duke Johnson is probably my favorite player in the last ten years of Canes football. However, because we relied on him so much, when he made mistakes it really hurt. It hurt the whole team. In the past it wasn't so much that way because we had multiple studs, Duke was it for this team. He was the heartbeat. When he was doing his thing this team believed they could beat anyone. Look at his time here, how many games did we win and he was a non factor??? I actually believe that is what makes Kaaya so important. You need your best player to also play the most important position. I can criticize my favorite player when he makes a mistake, because I am the first to praise him because of all the little things he does well. I would be willing to bet Duke himself would criticize himself for that play.

I think offensively, we will be better this year than last year. I wanna see Miami spread it out more. Kaaya in the shotgun 75% of the time. When Miami threw the ball effectively last year, the offense looked better more fluid.

Advertisement
As long as Miami wins more than 5.5 games fo da year, I'm good.

And that pathetic, low expectation attitude is the major reason we are toiling in obscurity.

And before anybody runs in to drop the, "Well that's what Las Vegas predicted for us," argument the only reason the expectation is that sad is because, in spite of talent, we continue to lose coaching staff and misuse of talent wise.

Got root for Georgia Southern.

Advertisement
Back