Team will be 4-0 heading into the showdown with FSU

rok

Great Poster
First off, let me preface this by reiterating that I have as little faith as is possible in this staff.

That said, I believe this team has that Nebraska game circled on the calendar. I also believe that the Huskers will have a semi-rough transition in Riley's first year and without Ameer Abdullah.

Bethune - easy win
FAU - should be an easy win
Nebraska - I think we win a close one
Cincy - 10 days to prepare, crushed them last season

FSU - ???

Advertisement
I agree with this, that FSU game is critical, IF we win it we will have a good season, IF we lose it we can see a early season collapse

Do you think if we start 4-0 we will make an appearance in the ncaa power rankings?

First off, let me preface this by reiterating that I have as little faith as is possible in this staff.

That said, I believe this team has that Nebraska game circled on the calendar. I also believe that the Huskers will have a semi-rough transition in Riley's first year and without Ameer Abdullah.

Bethune - easy win

FSU - ???

Cincy is a night game on the road. I just hope there aren't a lot of clouds that night.

Advertisement
The sad part is, I can see us still losing 3-4 games even "IF" we beat FSU.

4-0 and we'll be ranked heading into FSU. Golson will likely be rounding into form by then.

How we look and if we beat Nebraska will determine if we are ranked going into FSU. I would guess we will be ranked 23 or 24 going to FSU. It will also depend on who Nebraska plays before us and how they look in those games.

You think Kayaa can survive the first 4 games unscathed with our crappy, patchwork O-line?

Okay.

Advertisement
How we look and if we beat Nebraska will determine if we are ranked going into FSU. I would guess we will be ranked 23 or 24 going to FSU. It will also depend on who Nebraska plays before us and how they look in those games.

Nebraska plays BYU and South Alabama before us, so not much there, but we don't have much either with BC and FAU. If and I stress IF, our incompetent coaches will allow our front 7 on D to go after the opposing QB like they stole something from their momma's pocketbook, this could end up a good year. If we play pattycake, I hope Golden is gone after we lose to Nebraska.

Advertisement
4-0 and we'll be ranked heading into FSU. Golson will likely be rounding into form by then.

Dammit I forgot about him... If it weren't for him they would have a really bad season. Still not sure they're going to be that good but he's a helluva lot better than what they currently have.

Bethune - easy win

FSU - ???

Interesting ...

Kind of like the team had the Louisville rematch circled on the schedule from this past season?

You know, as the revenge game from the bowl beat down they gave us ... Playing against a team with an entirely new coaching staff that had just lost multiple players to the NFL draft, was without their best playmaker on offense because of injury, and was starting a first time QB ...

Advertisement
Comparing the 2015 Nebraska with Kaaya's first game as a college qb isn't all that fair imo.

We lost the Louisville bowl game because our coaches didn't have the team prepared ...

We lost the subsequent rematch because the coaches didn't have the team prepared ...

In direct response to your point about Kaaya:
IMO, our staff should have treated Kaaya the same way Clemson treated Watson. We should have made him "take" the job from Heaps, instead of "giving" it to him, then using his age as an excuse.

We lost the Nebraska game last season because the coaches didn't have the team prepared ...

I'll give you one guess as to why I'm not all that positive about the Nebraska rematch ...

Comparing the 2015 Nebraska with Kaaya's first game as a college qb isn't all that fair imo.

Yeah, there's little doubt that our coaches probably won't put our guys in the best position to win against Nebraska. I still think we win.

we aren't beating Nebraska

Several keys to the season. Nebraska is the first and thus could be the start of a very long season, if don't pass the test. Right now, on paper, several factors favor Miami: home field, transition for new head coach/staff, loss of top RB and DL.

Advertisement
Back