Te’Cory Couch...

Honestly dk bro. Appears Ivey has stepped up this offseason but he low key did the same thing last year. It’s still early so we’ll see how everything unfolds.
I mean I’m high on couch and not concerned about the cb position at all really but it’s Laughable that canesport is making any proclamation that couch has moved passed blades this early in spring camp based on day 2 of spring football. In that same line of thinking is Robert Burns ahead of Cam’Ron Harris too because he saw starter minutes before cam or what about the Jalar Holley stuff over ford today ? lol

Advertisement
I mean I’m high on couch and not concerned about the cb position at all really but it’s Laughable that canesport is making any proclamation that couch has moved passed blades this early in spring camp based on day 2 of spring football. In that same line of thinking is Robert Burns ahead of Cam’Ron Harris too because he saw starter minutes before cam or what about the Jalar Holley stuff over ford today ? lol
Lol I’m not taking their word as Gospel but moreso the general census that Couch may be the best CB on the team.

Lol I’m not taking their word as Gospel but moreso the general census that Couch may be the best CB on the team.
General census to whom? Are pads on? I agree he has the ability to be a really good corner but more needs to be seen at this point. We have talent at cb not sure why there was so much hysteria about the position like we didn’t have anybody at the position

General census to whom? Are pads on? I agree he has the ability to be a really good corner but more needs to be seen at this point. We have talent at cb not sure why there was so much hysteria about the position like we didn’t have anybody at the position
Fotballville said he’s the best cover corner on the team. Ivins said nobody caught a ball on him(and this is w/o pads which makes this more impressive) and Ferman says he may have already past Blades(don’t truly believe)....but it’s clear he’s having a really good camp so far.

We’ll see what the pads say but I doubt it will change much. kid is super tough. All he needed was the weight to match.

Advertisement
95854D69-ECD4-4A64-ADA1-EB9A933A6FAF.gif

DJ Ivey scratched his 40 for a reason, but I am curious what he's running these days. He was undernourished in high school and has already gained at least 20 lean pounds. Here is how he compares to MJ and Redwine in high school:

DJ Ivey

6'1, 171
No forty
4.20 shuttle
35.8 VJ

Michael Jackson

6'1, 189
4.67 forty
4.29 shuttle
34.8 VJ

Sheldrick Redwine

6'1, 183
4.77 forty
4.74 shuttle
35.5 VJ

And here is how much those guys improved:

Michael Jackson

6'1, 210
4.45 forty
4.12 shuttle
40.5 VJ

Sheldrick Redwine

6'1, 196
4.44 forty
4.14 shuttle
39 VJ

Attachments

• E296ADCF-E784-4090-B3F8-30C740EE090A.jpeg
    E296ADCF-E784-4090-B3F8-30C740EE090A.jpeg
    313.4 KB · Views: 111
Moving safeties to linebackers seems like a very smart move and I’m not sure why we don’t do it more. Haasan Redick is another great example.
Finley or Frierson on Clemson’s Mexican beef supplements diet would be ideal.

Last edited:
Advertisement

surprised a little by those times because the guy was a stud T&F athlete in HS.

I really like the potential we have in the CB room but depth is scary as **** this year. Couch and Williams should be ready for bigger roles and should compliment Ivey and Blades, but after them, there's what?

Honestly now that Simmons’s recruiting profile is shown^, I’m not as surprised about his meteoric rise.

Granted I don’t think I’d predict he’d do THIS well, but a 6’4” guy running in the 4.7s with a 37” vert who’s probably coming from a place in Kansas where they weren’t maxing his potential?

There’s more than enough there to see the upside.

Advertisement
I really like the potential we have in the CB room but depth is scary as **** this year. Couch and Williams should be ready for bigger roles and should compliment Ivey and Blades, but after them, there's what?
Clarke and dunson when they get here can play reserve roles imo. 4th cb Hardly ever plays in this scheme the last few years like that especially the last 2 seasons

Honestly now that Simmons’s recruiting profile is shown^, I’m not as surprised about his meteoric rise.

Granted I don’t think I’d predict he’d do THIS well, but a 6’4” guy running in the 4.7s with a 37” vert who’s probably coming from a place in Kansas where they weren’t maxing his potential?

There’s more than enough there to see the upside.
It seems like a high vertical early on in highschool is important in determining explosiveness development in college. A lot of the kids testing as freaks who didn’t have well rounded athletic #s before college in most cases had a high vertical leap which is interesting and needs to taken more in consideration when looking at athletic numbers

Last edited:
Advertisement
It seems like a high vertical early on in highschool is important in determining explosiveness development in college. A lot of the kids testing as freaks who didn’t have well rounded athletic #s before college in most cases had a high vertical leap which is interesting and needs to taken more in consideration when looking at athletic numbers
Of course, higher vertical means more leg power, which means explosiveness.

Of course, higher vertical means more leg power, which means explosiveness.
I’m saying though, even if someone test lower than expected in the 40 or whatever if they have a respectable vertical then it usually means there is room for growth in increasing their 40 time

Wasn’t he the best cover corner on that loaded SFE squad? We took him from Michigan and if Don Brown wants a DB I want him too.
IF Don brown or Corey raymond(Christian Williams) wanted a db that’s definitely a great sign. I’m not worried about the position this year, those guys going to step up and are good athletes

Advertisement
Back