Te’Cory Couch...

Advertisement
I think Blades will be, but I do think he will pass him up, as will Williams. I also think Couch has a higher ceiling than Bandy.

Advertisement
1582671535367.gif

I love blades but his feet are nowhere near close to Couch. I agree tho, he’ll hold down that nickel and make plays!!
Couch won't get as many snaps as Blades & doesn't have the physicality in Press man to take over as the "best" Corner.

Where Couch needs to excel is to become an instinctive ballhawk, if he can come on like Malek Young did late in the 2016 season then he can make an impact.

Both Blades & Couch have high upside though, the problem is Ivey.

Couch won't get as many snaps as Blades & doesn't have the physicality in Press man to take over as the "best" Corner.

Where Couch needs to excel is to become an instinctive ballhawk, if he can come on like Malek Young did late in the 2016 season then he can make an impact.

Disagree. As long as Couch continues to gain weight he will be fine. Physically I remember clips of him challenging guys last off-season in press man.

I think Couch and Blades will play the most at CB this year. I hope Ivey figures it out but mentally it appears he checks out during games and gets sloppy with his technique.

Advertisement
Was just watching Friersons INT when he laterals to Couch, kid is a MISSILE. I’m assuming he’s a shoe in for nickel cause I’ve never heard Christian Williams nickel chatter.

The Malek Young comparison is something I've mentioned since we signed him, but Malek was actually pretty physical and solid with the ball in the air. Have to see that from Couch, who at least has comparable feet. Will be interesting to see if Couch even sees any time on the outside. Can't really throw Ivey inside and I doubt Christian Williams fits there, so it's sensical to imagine Couch taking all those Nickel snaps - unless a Safety wins that role.

Advertisement

Slowest DB on the team

Ivey needs to work on his tackling and move to FS

CB depth is horrible so he can't

Advertisement
The Malek Young comparison is something I've mentioned since we signed him, but Malek was actually pretty physical and solid with the ball in the air. Have to see that from Couch, who at least has comparable feet. Will be interesting to see if Couch even sees any time on the outside. Can't really throw Ivey inside and I doubt Christian Williams fits there, so it's sensical to imagine Couch taking all those Nickel snaps - unless a Safety wins that role.
I think Couch will be the nickel, but I can also see them putting Tae in that spot or even both on field together in obvious passing downs.

I like Couch and Bubba to hold down that nickel when needed. Seeems like Frierson will be there as well!

Advertisement
Back