Taylor Stubblefield

Advertisement
Really thought they'd go with Cooney. But oh well. Dude got a promotion regardless.

This guy's #1 job right now recruiting wise is making sure none of the WR's in his room even think of hitting the Portal next season. He might have the best room on the team in terms of talent (RB's right there). Lots of egos. Lots of hands. Not nearly enough snaps for everybody.

He needs to be able to sell them on the merits of staying put.

Advertisement
People saying, "You know nothing about him, so you can't judge" are missing the point. The fact that we know nothing about him is what is concerning. This guy was at New Mexico for one year. Tee Martin was at New Mexico for one year and the college football world grabbed him up as fast as it could he just went up and up the program ladder after that one year at New Mexico? Why? Because he blew everybody away with how good of a recruiter he was at New Mexico. No, they didn't get 4* prospects because it's New Mexico. But everybody knew that this made such an impact on the trail, that at a major program he would kill it.

The fact that Stubblefield hasn't done that. The fact that there ISN'T evidence of how good of a recruiter he is, says everything you need to know about how good of a recruiter he is. He's spent 8 years at one of the primary recruiting positions on a college football staff. And the only thing you can find on him as a recruiter is a Utah sports writer saying, "Take your sorry a$$ recruiting and leave. Good bye." That's Stubbfield's 8 year recruiting impact on the college football world.
Not sure how Manny Diaz is going to set recruiting up but if he's let's Stubblefield go after only WRs then we will have no issue. WR is the easiest position for us to recruit in South Florida. It really does not take much effort. I'm more worried about If he's a good coach or not. Dugan's was a great recruiter but an absolutely terrible coach. Our WRs constantly under achieved and had no idea how to high point a pass and come down with a jump ball. They struggled beating man coverage and constantly got jammed at the line. I'm going to see how the WRs perfom on the field before I judge this hire.

Really thought they'd go with Cooney. But oh well. Dude got a promotion regardless.

This guy's #1 job right now recruiting wise is making sure none of the WR's in his room even think of hitting the Portal next season. He might have the best room on the team in terms of talent (RB's right there). Lots of egos. Lots of hands. Not nearly enough snaps for everybody.

He needs to be able to sell them on the merits of staying put.
Promote him to recruiting coordinator with a big pay raise

You couldn't pay me to move to Utah never mind recruit me to go there. Dude is 2nd in big ten history in receiving yards and an all american. I'm optimistic he'll be able to recruit in sfl

Advertisement
Not sure how Manny Diaz is going to set recruiting up but if he's let's Stubblefield go after only WRs then we will have no issue. WR is the easiest position for us to recruit in South Florida. It really does not take much effort. I'm more worried about If he's a good coach or not. Dugan's was a great recruiter but an absolutely terrible coach. Our WRs constantly over achieved and had no idea how to high point a pass and come down with a jump ball. They struggled beating man coverage and constantly got jammed at the line. I'm going to see how the WRs perfom on the field before I judge this hire.

Underachieved if Ahmmon stays healthy and we have a half decent QB we have one of the best WR units in the nation.

Lol idiots think we need this guy to recruit. We need him to teach how to catch and create separation. Cooney and field will bring the talent.

We need all our coaches to recruit. We're facing unlimited budgets and monstrous recruiting departments at these top schools aiming to poach all worthwhile talent out of South Florida

Advertisement
Not sure how Manny Diaz is going to set recruiting up but if he's let's Stubblefield go after only WRs then we will have no issue. WR is the easiest position for us to recruit in South Florida. It really does not take much effort. I'm more worried about If he's a good coach or not. Dugan's was a great recruiter but an absolutely terrible coach. Our WRs constantly over achieved and had no idea how to high point a pass and come down with a jump ball. They struggled beating man coverage and constantly got jammed at the line. I'm going to see how the WRs perfom on the field before I judge this hire.

People want to pretend like Miami should always have elite WRs. And we should, because an elite recruiting coach has options in his backyard. But it's wrong to argue that any WR coach will land these options. Every Saturday we turn on the tv and watch the elite WRs from South Florida at UGA, FSU, Bama, Clemson, etc. Yes, they are in our backyard. But we still have to win the battle for them.

Advertisement
Can anybody arguing "we just need him to coach, we don't need a big time recruiter," point to any evidence that he's got any kind of reputation within the coaching community? Articles on how good a WR core improved under him? Anything?

Relax guys, hes a solid coach and proved that. He is like rumph. Worried about recruiting? Cooney and Field will take care of that.

Advertisement
Back