Tathan Martell

Martell is partying his balls off every night on IG. Not sure that’s a good or bad thing...
He’s in college aint he? I mean school is also out too . Not worried about martell’s work ethic whatsoever

Advertisement
Martell had a good spring game and this battle will go on in fall camp. I do Like how he responded with his best week of spring after not a good showing in the second scrimmage. That’s pretty telling of what he’s all about imo

That's part ego of the coach wanting to win with HIS players, which is a real thing. I doubt Day told Tate his skills weren't good enough to play at OSU. He probably told him what he (and everyone else) thinks, that Fields is a better QB than Martell. I don't think anyone here would say Tate is a better QB than Fields. I believe Fields will be a top 5 QB in the nation. Tate is more of a top 15-25
Rev, I sure hope you are right in pegging Tate as being in the Top 15-25. Given his performance this Spring, I think he'll need significant improvement to make it that high.

Rev, I sure hope you are right in pegging Tate as being in the Top 15-25. Given his performance this Spring, I think he'll need significant improvement to make it that high.
I believe his talent, the abundance of talent around him, and an OC that caters to his strengths will make him a Top 15-25 QB.

No agenda here. Tate was the best QB at the Spring Game. The beautiful thing about YouTube is that anyone can log on and watch the game for themselves and make up their own minds. He was clearly the best.

If we just listened to the practice reports over the last month, we would be led to believe that Williams is the best and Martell is garbage. That’s an agenda.

The spring game is on tape. Anybody can watch it and decide for themselves
I can see how the argument can be made that Tate had the best spring game out of the QB's. That is a legitimate/valid argument. He had a great showing; I may argue that he had the best showing. On the other hand, saying that he was "by far" the best qb or for the ones that are saying that he "separated" himself from the other QB's, that point is laughable.

Again, not one of the QB's separated themselves this spring. William's looked the most natural at the position, Kosi was the most consistent throughout the entire spring, including the scrimmages, and Martell had a good last 2 practices and a great spring game.

Like the coaches have stated, this battle is far from over and will carry on throught the entire summer/early fall.

Advertisement
I can see how the argument can be made that Tate had the best spring game out of the QB's. That is a legitimate/valid argument. He had a great showing; I may argue that he had the best showing. On the other hand, saying that he was "by far" the best qb or for the ones that are saying that he "separated" himself from the other QB's, that point is laughable.

Again, not one of the QB's separated themselves this spring. William's looked the most natural at the position, Kosi was the most consistent throughout the entire spring, including the scrimmages, and Martell had a good last 2 practices and a great spring game.

Like the coaches have stated, this battle is far from over and will carry on throught the entire summer/early fall.
Truth of the matter is kosi only performed well against the backups. He needs to do better vs the first team Defense because the last 2 scrimmages he didn’t have good showings vs them whatsoever outside of a few good throws to open the 2nd scrimmage. In fact even in the first scrimmages he had a great statline 5-7 125 yards 2 tds but 102 yards and the 2 tds were against the 2nd and 3rd team. I personally Don’t think any of them nudge ahead honestly. Martell had the best drive of all the qbs vs the first team in the last 2 scrimmages imo.

Last edited:
Advertisement
That's not "running from competition." If true, that's the coaching staff telling you that your skills are not good enough, and hence you won't even be given the chance to compete for the job.
Yeah, can we stop this? The last TWO number one draft picks in the NFL "ran from competition" I guess.

lol idk why more people aren't getting your points it's simple..... battle will be won in summer/camp not after spring.

Advertisement
I don't know who the f'uck you are, but your first post is amazing! You are definitely headed in the right direction! Great things are in store for you. Lol

People getting their brains all twisted in knots when it’s really simple, this will be won with what’s done in summer camp. Of course, the base or foundation for that starts right now, right up until the first day of summer camp.

And I’m not getting too excited about any social media reports about who’s doing what. That’s going to be mainly superficial, scratch the surface, type stuff. And I’ve learned it doesn’t really paint a true picture, unless it’s something totally outrageous and out there, which might give you pause.

Even then, I think we might know who has actually been putting in the most work by the first or second week of summer camp.

Advertisement
8+ pages of dialogue and debate here when Enos has clearly picked his 2019 starter and is basically broadcasting it on social media.
#Matochampion

Advertisement
Back