Tathan Martell

Truth of the matter is kosi only performed well against the backups. He needs to do better vs the first team Defense because the last 2 scrimmages he didn’t have good showings vs them whatsoever outside of a few good throws to open the 2nd scrimmage. In fact even in the first scrimmages he had a great statline 5-7 125 yards 2 tds but 102 yards and the 2 tds were against the 2nd and 3rd team. I personally Don’t think any of them nudge ahead honestly. Martell had the best drive of all the qbs vs the first team in the last 2 scrimmages imo.
Overall, each of the QB's only performed well against the backups in the spring game. I am not going to put as much weight on one drive/first drive for Martell, as many seem to do, just because of the hype/hope! I also don't want to take away from it. I get what you are trying to say. However, if you are going to include the last "2 scrimmages" well, certain things can't be ignored. I will leave that there. Each one of the QB's performed significantly better against the second/third team, and rightfully so!

We have 3 very good QB's, IMO, competing for the starting position. I have a 12 year old daughter, in which I have not been able to make the previous statement about our QB's since the day that she was born. I am enjoying the ride!

With all of that being said, I agree with your assessment that, I don't think "any of them nudge ahead."

Advertisement
I don't know who the f'uck you are, but your first post is amazing! You are definitely headed in the right direction! Great things are in store for you. Lol

man I been between this and 247 and decided to create an account on this lol but Im lit on twitter ahaha

People getting their brains all twisted in knots when it’s really simple, this will be won with what’s done in summer camp. Of course, the base or foundation for that starts right now, right up until the first day of summer camp.

And I’m not getting too excited about any social media reports about who’s doing what. That’s going to be mainly superficial, scratch the surface, type stuff. And I’ve learned it doesn’t really paint a true picture, unless it’s something totally outrageous and out there, which might give you pause.

Even then, I think we might know who has actually been putting in the most work by the first or second week of summer camp.

exactly Miami fans should be happy we don't have 12 QB or the Richt's lol

8+ pages of dialogue and debate here when Enos has clearly picked his 2019 starter and is basically broadcasting it on social media.
#Matochampion

Finally got around to watching his film and dude is good! He has great footwork, slides up in the pocket and is very quick and elusive. He just may be a legit contender

All three of our QBs are basically on the same talent level but only one of them is box office. Tate's brand is bigger than the other two combined. His play style will put fans in the seats (money) and his personality will get us media coverage (money).

For those who watched Clemson's spring game what is the one thing Dabo wanted to see from Lawrence the most? Extend plays. Who's the best at that on our roster...

Advertisement
All three of our QBs are basically on the same talent level but only one of them is box office. Tate's brand is bigger than the other two combined. His play style will put fans in the seats (money) and his personality will get us media coverage (money).

For those who watched Clemson's spring game what is the one thing Dabo wanted to see from Lawrence the most? Extend plays. Who's the best at that on our roster...

DeeJay Dallas.....he runs and throws better too

Last edited:
Tate's dating the hottest girl on campus now so he's doing very well this Spring. Link below for research purposes.

https://www.instagram.com/kikipasso/?hl=en
tenor (1).gif

Advertisement
Idk if there was ever concrete info on here to why he left OSU. I always assumed he just didn't want to compete. But listening to the Cover 3 podcast Dennis Dodd said that when Ryan Day was hired he basically told Tate that he wasn't in their plans. That he could stay but they would be looking else where for a qb. I guess that's why OSU was in favor of him getting his waiver.

Martell was recruited for a system that Ohio State no longer runs. It was in everyone's interests to part ways, nothing personal.

Advertisement
Highly unlikely. Pure conjecture on your part.
Actually Fields being guaranteed the job was most likely the major recruiting pitch, and Baldwin out playing him in the spring game then transferring the next day proved that

Advertisement
Actually Fields being guaranteed the job was most likely the major recruiting pitch, and Baldwin out playing him in the spring game then transferring the next day proved that

Right. Conversely, did Diaz "guarantee" the starting position to Tate?

Right. Conversely, did Diaz "guarantee" the starting position to Tate?
I wouldn't be surprised if he did. Coaches want to win with their players. What does that have to do with Fields being guaranteed a job at a completely different program?

Advertisement
Back