Tathan Martell

I personally think it'll be JW or Martell. Kosi may surprise me, but I really don't think so.

Ex-GF's I have I kinda ignore, so I couldn't tell you what they said.

Advertisement
I'm not a fan of braggarts who haven't done **** in college, but talk like they're all that. Martell strikes me as that dude. Not talking about the BS he said to Nick Starkel at A&M (because that was during Martell's HS years). However, let's look at his more recent mouthing off. First what he said to Fields when Martell heard that Fields was coming to OSU. Then follow that up with Martell's guarantee that he would stay, compete for and win the starting QB job at OSU (after he knew Day was going to be his HC and that he'd have to beat out Fields). Be a f*cking man and stand by your words. This dude isn't who I'd look to lead our team. He smells of a little b who can't cut it and runs when things get rough. My prediction is that Ta8nt will be hitting the portal again soon. Good riddance. Just an opinion of course, but it is what it is.

Tate Martell was by far the best QB at the Spring Game. That’s all I need to know.

I believe what my eyes tell me, not what some fools with an agenda have to say.

Dudes were trying to hype Jarren Williams, lol. Williams looked like garbage out there...we all saw it. And we all know what we have with Perry.

Again, as usual, the national media has it right, and the insiders with agendas have it wrong. Williams is not what he was hyped to be, and Tate Martell is going to be QB1.
Lol at you saying dudes with an agenda. You are one of the main ones.

I believe that Tate had a great spring game. In my thread about post spring game thoughts, a large portion of my OP focused on Martell and why the hate towards him needs to stop. However, creating the false narrative that he was by far the best QB at the spring game is beyond biased. Many on this board, including some of the admins, have stated that Tate was the only one to move the ball against the Number 1 defense. That is simply false. Thats not a knock on @DMoney. The truth is, neither QB was able to move the ball all that well against the Number 1 defense.

Tate's first drive was against the ones, and he did well. Overall, Tate was 6-10 154yds and 2 TDs for the game. The 80 yard TD pass to Osborn was against the 2nd team/walk-ons. The 20+ yrd TD to Irvin, was also against the second team/walk-ons. He had another past that went for 20+yards and ultimately the receiver ended up fumbling. That was also against the second team/ walk-ons. His longest rush, which went for over 15 yards, was also against the second team/walk-ons. That leaves us with the truth that over 120 of his total 154 passing yards, including both TD's, were indeed against the second team/walk-ons. Those are the facts.

The first team defense dominated the game. Kosi, Martell, and William's all took multiple sacks against the first team. In fact, all 3 QB's at some point took back to back sacks on consecutive plays against the Number 1 defense. Again, those are the facts.

I think that all QB's have the ability to lead this team to the ACCCG this year. Tate had a great showing in the spring game, but stop with all of the false narratives just because you want him to be QB1. The false narratives are just as dumb as the people that hate on Tate, just because they want Perry or William's to win. The **** needs to stop!

Last edited:
Enos said he will tailor his offense to his qb, which I think bodes well for Martell, who will be more comfortable in the pistol.

IDGAD what Enos said, He doesn't coach "street ball".

Enos is a Pro Style coach, He's not gonna magically become a 100 play a game, spread coach by 8-31-19, coaches don't change their stripes.

I believe that Tate had a great spring game. In my thread about post spring game thoughts, a large portion of my OP focused on Martell and why the hate towards him needs to stop. However, creating the false narrative that he was by far the best QB at the spring game is beyond biased. Many on this board, including some of the admins, have stated that Tate was the only one to move the ball against the Number 1 defense. That is simply false. Thats not a knock on @DMoney. The truth is, neither QB was able to move the ball all that well against the Number 1 defense.

Tate's first drive was against the ones, and he did well. Overall, Tate was 6-10 154yds and 2 TDs for the game. The 80 yard TD pass to Osborn was against the 2nd team/walk-ons. The 20+ yrd TD to Irvin, was also against the second team/walk-ons. He had another past that went for 20+yards and ultimately the receiver ended up fumbling. That was also against the second team/ walk-ons. His longest rush, which went for over 15 yards, was also against the second team/walk-ons. That leaves us with the truth that over 120 of his total 154 passing yards, including both TD's, were indeed against the second team/walk-ons. Those are the facts.

The first team defense dominated the game. Kosi, Martell, and William's all took multiple sacks against the first team. In fact, all 3 QB's at some point took back to back sacks on consecutive plays against the Number 1 defense. Again, those are the facts.

I think that all QB's have the ability to lead this team to the ACCCG this year. Tate had a great showing in the spring game, but stop with all of the false narratives just because you want him to be QB1. The false narratives are just as dumb as the people that hate on Tate, just because they want Perry or William's to win. The **** needs to stop!

Tate had at least 2 drops by receivers, so the completion % belies his accuracy.

Advertisement

I’ll just keep my response brief. Tathan was not the best QB in the last spring game “by far”. Not even close. He may have outperformed, but it was by a narrow margin. At the end of spring, in my opinion, very little separates the three quarterbacks.

Show me where Tate took two consecutive sacks against the 1st team.

The fact is, Tate was the only QB to have a 50+ yard drive that got into the redzone against the 1st team. I believe he is the only QB period to get into the redzone against 1st team.

U can try to take away his stats by making a point to say they were against 2nd team/walk-ons, but Kosi and Jarren had their opportunity against 2nd team/walk-ons too. The only difference is Kosi and Jarren didn't take advantage of their opportunity to put up the numbers Tate did.

Advertisement
Can't wait to watch this young man play, will be an instant upgrade from a IQ standpoint at the position.

Show me where Tate took two consecutive sacks against the 1st team.

The fact is, Tate was the only QB to have a 50+ yard drive that got into the redzone against the 1st team. I believe he is the only QB period to get into the redzone against 1st team.

U can try to take away his stats by making a point to say they were against 2nd team/walk-ons, but Kosi and Jarren had their opportunity against 2nd team/walk-ons too. The only difference is Kosi and Jarren didn't take advantage of their opportunity to put up the numbers Tate did.
Welp. The hit dog hollered! Dude, you are ridiculous. Lol. I specifically said that neither QB had any real success against the 1st team defense. The fact that Tate is included in that group caused your tampon to get a little twisted and now you are uncomfortable. Get over your love affair for just 1 QB; there are 3 in the race!

Oh, and as for your request....

18:55 mark...
1st play of the drive: Tate sacked by Harvey
2nd play of the drive: running play
3rd play of the drive: Tate sacked by Rousseau

Last edited:
Advertisement
I feel like I’ve read 1,000 threads, 10,000 pages, and 100,000 posts about our QBs and I literally know nothing more than I did had I not read any of them.

(Besides @reg )

Impressive work everyone
Thank you, I think. Lol. There's so much sarcasm in your post, I could not tell if I just received a compliment or if I just got insulted. Depending on which one, either Thank You or F'uck you! LOL

Just kidding, my man!

Last edited:
Welp. The hit dog hollered! Dude, you are ridiculous. Lol. I specifically said that neither QB had any real success against the 1st team defense. The fact that Tate is included in that group caused your tampon to get a little twisted and now you are uncomfortable. Get over your love affair for just 1 QB; there are 3 in the race!

Oh, and as for your request....

18:55 mark...
1st play of the drive: Tate sacked by Harvey
2nd play of the drive: running play
3rd play of the drive: Tate sacked by Rousseau

After reviewing the film Tate clearly separated himself from the other two with his escapability and decision-making.

He was 6-10. The 4 incompletions featured a throwaway with Nesta in his chest, and the 3 drops hit guys in the hands with two being wide open. He never forced the ball into coverage and hit the target 90% of the time with one intentional throwaway. All you can ask is that he gives our guys a chance and keeps the ball out of harm's way.

His ability to handle pressure also stood out. He has a great feel for the pocket and knows when to run. He also knows where the LOS is and will be difficult to defend as he becomes more comfortable with the offense. He clearly gives our offense--as constructed--the best chance to succeed.

Last edited:
Advertisement
After reviewing the film Tate clearly separated himself from the other two with his escapability and decision-making.

He was 6-10. The 4 incompletions featured a throw-away with Nesta in his chest, and the 3 drops hit guys in the hands with two being wide open. He never forced the ball into coverage and hit the target 90% of the time with one intentional throwaway. All you can ask is that he give his guys a chance to play and keeps the ball out of harm's way.

His ability to handle pressure stood out. He has a great feel for the pocket and knows when to run. He also knows where the LOS is and will be difficult to defend as he becomes more comfortable with the offense. He clearly gives our offense--as constructed--the best chance to succeed.
He has the quickest and most decisive abilities when it comes down to feeling the pressure and making decisions. He is very impressive in that regard.

I completely disagree with you regarding Tate "clearly separating himself." In fact, I could not disagree more. Neither QB has separated themselves from the other.

Last edited:
He has the quickest and most decisive abilities when it comes down to filling the pressure and making decisions. He is very impressive in that regard.

I completely disagree with you regarding Tate "clearly separating himself." In fact, I could not disagree more. Neither QB has separated themselves from the other.

Tate unequivocally won on the field during the last scrimmage; he took what was given and made it work/look better than the other two QBs.

Enos said being the starter is also about how you 'handle failure, success, and the way you carry yourself when you walk in the building'. So, considering everything Tate has to deal with, like relocating, new teammates, and coming in with all the expectations he has... his performance on Saturday is all the more impressive. He didn't throw the ball particularly well all spring and literally fell on his face the scrimmage before, but pulled it all together for the final scrimmage and showed some real understanding of what needed to be done. Very impressive.

You want someone who can handle the chaos of being the starting QB at THE []__[], each week, and make the most of what he's given on on game day.

Tate is that dude.

Last edited:
Tate unequivocally won on the field during the last scrimmage; he took what was given and made it work/look better than the other two QBs.

Enos said being the starter is also about how you 'handle failure, success, and the way you carry yourself when you walk in the building'. So, considering everything Tate has to deal with, like relocating, new teammates, and coming in with all the expectations he has... his performance on Saturday is all the more impressive. He didn't throw the ball particularly well all spring and literally fell on his face the scrimmage before, but pulled it all together for the final scrimmage and showed some real understanding of what needed to be done. Very impressive.

You want someone who can handle the chaos of being the starting QB at THE []__[], each week, and make the most of what he's given on on game day.

Tate is that dude.
We will just have to agree to disagree on this one my man! I was happy that I got a chance to see him play in Orlando. He had a great showing for sure. May the best man win!

He was 6-10. The 4 incompletions featured a throw-away with Nesta in his chest, and the 3 drops hit guys in the hands with two being wide open. He never forced the ball into coverage and hit the target 90% of the time with one intentional throwaway. All you can ask is that he gives his guys a chance to play and keeps the ball out of harm's way.

His ability to handle pressure stood out. He has a great feel for the pocket and knows when to run. He also knows where the LOS is and will be difficult to defend as he becomes more comfortable with the offense. He clearly gives our offense--as constructed--the best chance to succeed.
100% and contradictory to a previous poster who said none of them drove on the 1st team D, Tate did so and did so well; all the way to the redzone

Advertisement
Back