Tathan Martell

But listening to the Cover 3 podcast Dennis Dodd said that when Ryan Day was hired he basically told Tate that he wasn't in their plans. That he could stay but they would be looking else where for a qb.

Until I hear Ryan Day Himself confirm this, Martell ran from comp. Martell's tweets at the time Fields was transferring confirm He was scared of comp.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Until I here Ryan Day Himself confirm this, Martell ran from comp. Martell's tweets at the time Fields was transferring confirm He was scared of comp.
LOL, it's already been quoted in the media that one of the main reasons Tate got approved his because his lawyer proved Day wanted Fields and basically wasn't concerned about giving Martell a legit shot. Day/OSU confirmed it by not protesting his eligibility and giving his lawyer that ammo.

Until I here Ryan Day Himself confirm this, Martell ran from comp. Martell's tweets at the time Fields was transferring confirm He was scared of comp.

Let's imagine your boss walked into your office today and told you: (1) that he's changing the way the company does business in way that minimizes your strengths; and (2) that you aren't likely to advance beyond your current position. Are you telling me you stick around?

And the whole, "until I hear it from such and such..." routine is just BS. He's not confirming anything, and neither would any other coach in America. You are using an event that you know cannot happen to justify this tired "scared of competition" take.

Lastly, if the competition is rigged against you from the start, and you decide not to engage in it, that doesn't make you "scared of competition," it makes you a rational person.

Advertisement
Locker room politics. Manny and Enos could have made a promise to Tate to get him to come here. No one knows. I do know that when he starts that's going to be an excuse for the people who root against him.

He will put fans in the seats and draw media attention bc of his play style and personality but above all, his talent will be the reason he starts.
We all know ad ******' nauseam where you stand on the quarterback competition, Mrs. Martell. Best of luck to your son in winning the job....

You're a fan right? Fan is short for fanatic.

Fanatic - a person with an obsessive interest in and enthusiasm for something, especially an activity.

Being a fan comes with emotions. I don't get your point u were trying to get at.

Also, u have a favorite team, and u root for that team. U have a favorite player, and u root for that player. It's only natural that u want your favorite team and player to succeed. Rooting for a particular QB is not a bad thing. It's part if being a fan. If that QB you're rooting for doesn't start, at the end of the day you're still a fan of The U and want them to succeed no matter who is at QB.

So explain how not being neutral is "weird".
You’re rooting for the team. Why would a specific player tie into that?

You know who ****** weird it is to obsess over a particular teenager if you’re a grown man?

If I have to explain how that’s weird then you’re already ****ed.

You’re rooting for the team. Why would a specific player tie into that?

You know who ****** weird it is to obsess over a particular teenager if you’re a grown man?

If I have to explain how that’s weird then you’re already ****ed.
Everyone has a favorite player. Some people root for LeBron and I'm sure some old heads rooted for Jordan. Keep acting like u don't have a favorite player on any of your favorite teams but you're not fooling anyone but yourself. That comes with being a fan. So you're saying being a fan of a player is weird?

Advertisement
I mean, keep lobbing up those softballs and we’ll just keep hitting them out of the park.

Seriously though, maybe they’ll come up with a surgical procedure for your “condition”.
I have some Kosi tapes if u need proof. Lol God blessed me. No matter how many problems I have, getting a girl has never been one. Promise u that.

Advertisement
Can we try this for a QB agenda.....fck w/ whatever QB gives us the best chance to win.

I have pros & cons w all of these QBs we have, but the only advantage I could see w Tate is his ability to extend plays b/c let’s face it, our OL is our Achille’s heel. We saw Kosi under pressure last yr, granted different OC & PC...we saw Jarren under pressure during the Spring Game. If Enos designs the O to come out in SG formation, which is Tate’s strength, then he might have a leg up. But again, at this point, whoever it is, just win.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Until I hear Ryan Day Himself confirm this, Martell ran from comp. Martell's tweets at the time Fields was transferring confirm He was scared of comp.

Day would never say this publicly, but the school's support of Tate's transfer seems consistent with him not being Day's priority. Tate is a special talent with an incredible H.S. career, and there's no telling what his ceiling is at the college level. Some guys just know how to lead and win football games, and Tate has all the makings of that type player. Nothing about him says he's scared to compete on a level field.

Advertisement
Back