Tathan Martell

College Football is a business. Guarantees were certainly made to Fields about being the starter. Tate clearly believes he's good enough to spearhead a power 5 program as its QB.

I wouldn't call it running from competition, he's just smart enough to know there was no opportunity at Ohio State.
He was smart enough to know there was no opportunity, because the coaches told him there was no opportunity.

Advertisement
In before all the Tate Fanboys and Haters.....To say I am completely neutral about our QB competition...May the best man win...and until fall practice, the most compelling thing about Tate is....Rylee
If you’re NOT neutral about our QB battle then you’re pretty ***** weird and probably overly emotional about a lot of things.

But I agree the constant writing off of our QBs based on some practice reports that most don’t even see is beyond ridiculous. Long way to go. And no, conspiracy theorists, the coaches haven’t made up their minds yet.

Yeah fields is not the passer that everybody thinks he is. Slow at processing and just seems really raw

I think there are a lot of similarities in Fields and Martel, both better runners than passers, neither have thrown many college passes, and both need to improve accuracy. I'm wondering if part of getting Fields to commit was telling him Martel would not be an option at QB.

Advertisement
If you’re NOT neutral about our QB battle then you’re pretty ***** weird and probably overly emotional about a lot of things.

But I agree the constant writing off of our QBs based on some practice reports that most don’t even see is beyond ridiculous. Long way to go. And no, conspiracy theorists, the coaches haven’t made up their minds yet.

Agree with you and to add where Martel may actually separate himself a little is when the bullets are live he can make more happen with his legs. I'm just excited it's an actual competition this time and the 3 bring some good things to the table.

Yeah fields is not the passer that everybody thinks he is. Slow at processing and just seems really raw

I also notice this watching the OSU spring game. Maybe he havent learn the offense completely but he didnt look great that day.

If you believe the report, yes. I'm just fortifying the premise that he knew (without having to be told) that he's got no chance to win the job.
As someone else just pointed out... Tate tweeted to fields something along the lines of welcome to Ohio st, looking forward to beating u out..... Few days later he was looking to transfer. So it sure sounds like he was told he won’t be the guy.

Doesn’t really matter how it happened, but this is CIS, so I guess I’m arguing w u outta obligation. Lol

Advertisement
Locker room politics. Manny and Enos could have made a promise to Tate to get him to come here. No one knows. I do know that when he starts that's going to be an excuse for the people who root against him.

He will put fans in the seats and draw media attention bc of his play style and personality but above all, his talent will be the reason he starts.

Doesn’t matter how many times ya seen it, ya still wanna see it again.
Dude, you see one and you've seen them all. There are born everyday, nothing special. Quit letting your internal chemistry control you thats how men end up broke and broken

Advertisement

You're a fan right? Fan is short for fanatic.

Fanatic - a person with an obsessive interest in and enthusiasm for something, especially an activity.

Being a fan comes with emotions. I don't get your point u were trying to get at.

Also, u have a favorite team, and u root for that team. U have a favorite player, and u root for that player. It's only natural that u want your favorite team and player to succeed. Rooting for a particular QB is not a bad thing. It's part if being a fan. If that QB you're rooting for doesn't start, at the end of the day you're still a fan of The U and want them to succeed no matter who is at QB.

So explain how not being neutral is "weird".

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back