Tate Martell

Advertisement
Doing extra workouts and posting them to social media seems to be a Martell family hallmark....Tate has nothing on his sister....Rylee doing the hardcore glute training in the bathroom on a vid posted on CIS the other day....Here it is once more since it deserves to be posted again is...Rylee repping out on glute day....

Dude isn’t that girl in Highschool, wtf is wrong with u?!

Seems this becoming a theme. I have seen videos on social media of all of them (Perry, Williams, Martell) in the IPF throwing at different times on their own. Like Diaz said it's their playground and they treat it as such. Glad to see these things and the players hanging out at the facility more, becoming gym rats so to speak.

My only real concern about Perry is his propensity being a bonehead off the field. Enos can fix or not fix the lack of pocket awareness etc. I don’t want a headline of Perry suspended for being boneheaded going into an important like game. Staying on the field is important.

Advertisement
Seems this becoming a theme. I have seen videos on social media of all of them (Perry, Williams, Martell) in the IPF throwing at different times on their own. Like Diaz said it's their playground and they treat it as such. Glad to see these things and the players hanging out at the facility more, becoming gym rats so to speak.
Thats also an important factor of the IPF. When you have one the dudes feel like they can get in work in a set environment that doesnt expose them to outsiders.

Doing extra workouts and posting them to social media seems to be a Martell family hallmark....Tate has nothing on his sister....Rylee doing the hardcore glute training in the bathroom on a vid posted on CIS the other day....Here it is once more since it deserves to be posted again is...Rylee repping out on glute day....

I'm glad she's posting...my right hand wants MOAR! lulz

Saw 2 vids of him in the IPF today working out and it’s refreshing to have these QB’s pushing each other...

idk about his arm talent in comparison to Jarren and Kosi and I don’t see vids of them on social media in the gym as much as I do Martell but boiiiii it seem like Martell stay in the IPF working out. This QB battle is insane and I’m thoroughly excited about which QB comes out on top. Somebody is going to rise to the occasion and someone is going to fumble the opportunity.

Let’s Ride!!!!
LOL. This place is a wealth of information.

The lack of history favors Martell. The team has seen Perry struggle and they've seen Williams demoralized. They've seen no weakness out of Martell so far, just work ethic and discipline.

Advertisement
Frankly, I do find it surprising. We spend all this time recruiting kids and then when they get here, fans are ready to move on because the expected star QB didn't take the team to a playoff as a freshman. Players need time to develop. You can't just write a guy off after 1 or 2 seasons especially if they're freshman.

Fans are behind Martell because they believe he's some sort of savior to the program and will lead us to the CFP. He's the new guy that everyone has these fantasy expectations that's hard for anyone to live up to.

I'm a realist. Martell hasn't done anything yet to warrant all the fanfare. No more than Jarren or N'kosi. Everyone's dissecting every little thing Martell does as one step closer to starting. We're at day 3 of Spring practice. Laughable.

Martell has given the QB room more competition which is good for the program. I have a wait-n-see attitude of who will rise in this new offense. There's no point in trying to figure out who will be "that dude." We'll know when it becomes blatantly obvious who has command of the offense and the team. I won't even pass judgment after the Spring because so much can happen over the Summer and into Fall camp.

The guy that best executes the offense, completes a high percentage, and is lighting up the defense on Greentree and in the IPF will be QB1. Let's just see how it all plays out.
In fairness tho people have been ready to move on from Jarren and kosi because they’ve been knuckleheads.

I’m with you tho.

Talent is one thing, but look who Tate was playing behind last season vs who Williams and Kosi were behind...

In all honesty CMR woulda sat Dwayne Haskins in favor of Malik last year. Idk what his obsession with the guy was but he surely wasn’t the starter because he was the most talented kid

He’s our Johnny Football without the alcoholism and drug addiction.

Go Tate!!!

AND

The first long ball I saw JWilliams throw I knew right away he was better than Rosier and Nkosi.

Go JW!

These guys are our 1/2 either way.

Nkosi belongs back in kindergarten with his jellyfish haircut and phone ****. Way too dumb to play CFB successfully.

Advertisement
Based on what?

Just the fact that he could have transferred anywhere in the country. It wouldn't shock me if he was told hed start if he came to Miami.

There are tons of schools that would have promised him a starting spot.

Advertisement
if you watched QB1, his entire livelihood and his family's livelihood revolves around him making it in football. he seems to be a hard worker as it relates to football. his family pushed it nonstop in HS, bishop gorman certainly did, and it shows so far in his miami tenure

Hmm, did not know that, interesting. That’s a shame if true as it puts a tremendous amount of pressure on the young man. Let’s hope he doesn’t crack under it if he wins the starting role leading the team. Somehow I think he can do it.

Just the fact that he could have transferred anywhere in the country. It wouldn't shock me if he was told hed start if he came to Miami.

There are tons of schools that would have promised him a starting spot.
Don't understand this viewpoint. Jarren, and even Kosi, where national-level, top recruits with major programs around the nation trying to get them. Why are they suddenly unworthy? What has Tate done to this point in his career that puts him above them?

Advertisement
Back