Tate Martell

Leadership, work ethic, public face of the program. Just a few things that are important to the QB position.

Whoever becomes QB1 has to have the respect and trust of the whole team. All physical abilities aside, I have to wonder how the team feels about each of the three QBs. Can they get past Perry's nonsense? Do they see him as a leader? Can he really be the face of Miami football after all the off field stuff? IDK. I know that Manny has said everyone has a clean slate but I think that only goes so far.

And I know there is the perception that Jarren got lazy and disgruntled last season and essentially gave up trying. Maturity issues due to frustration. I suspect there is more sympathy for him from the team based on the way things went for a lot of the kids under CMR and his staff.

Now that Tate has been cleared and it's established he is a real candidate to play, I expect the QB competition to really ramp up. No matter what happens, everyone will have their games improved simply from the competition.

Advertisement
Doing extra workouts and posting them to social media seems to be a Martell family hallmark....Tate has nothing on his sister....Rylee doing the hardcore glute training in the bathroom on a vid posted on CIS the other day....Here it is once more since it deserves to be posted again is...Rylee repping out on glute day....

Last edited:
Advertisement
As a disclaimer: I’m alll in the Jarren hive. I love what I’m hearing about him and I think he’s ready. It was interesting to see Harley/Enos rave about him like they did. I know he’s working too but I love the fact Martell is pushing these boys to go harder.

I’m def in there with you on Jarren

Im happy to see Tate taking the QB comp seriously. But I also think people need to realize that some of the other QBs may have class right after practice, making it impossible for them to stay after. Im sure each QB is putting in the extra effort now because they know this may be their last chance.

Yeah but are they posting on social media about it?

/ the Kardashians have transferred to coral gables

Martell’s on the field working on his game. Perry’s in the bedroom working on his next sextape.

Advertisement
Advertisement

A recruit posted him around lunch time yesterday throwing in the IPF. Then martell posted a video of him in class. Then he posted this back in the IPF. Kid maybe might not win this competition but he’s sure as **** gonna set an example. This is what Manny meant when he said he wanted to change the culture in that room. Hope the other guys are doing the same.

It's weird that people have "their guy" a few days in to spring practice based on a couple of reports. Gut instinct says Tate wins with Jarren on his heels. That being said, I'd be perfectly fine with Jarren or Kosi winning the job if Coach Enos feel like they are the best option for us to win games. At the end of the day, that's all that matters.

Good news is whoever rises to the top will have earned it, not stumbled backwards into the job like some previous years.

View attachment 82279

A recruit posted him around lunch time yesterday throwing in the IPF. Then martell posted a video of him in class. Then he posted this back in the IPF. Kid maybe might not win this competition but he’s sure as **** gonna set an example. This is what Manny meant when he said he wanted to change the culture in that room. Hope the other guys are doing the same.
Dude didn't transfer to sit. Especially since he's approved, can't wait to see him light it up against the turds!!

Advertisement
Perry is an idiot. Can we stop acting like he’s the guy who could lead us to a title?
Many people that age go through idiot phases, especially when they have little guidance or leadership around them. Not fair to write him off. While the odds that he'll be "the man" among the three QBs may be lower, all three should be starting with a blank slate.

Would not rule out a 2 headed monster at qb taking advantage of all the skill sets at Enos' disposal. Not like he never dealt with that at Alabama.
100% with you on this, take advantage of the strengths of Tate (throwing on the run and running) and Williams (accuracy and intelligence).

Advertisement
Back