Tate Martell

ajone228

Recruit
Saw 2 vids of him in the IPF today working out and it’s refreshing to have these QB’s pushing each other...

idk about his arm talent in comparison to Jarren and Kosi and I don’t see vids of them on social media in the gym as much as I do Martell but boiiiii it seem like Martell stay in the IPF working out. This QB battle is insane and I’m thoroughly excited about which QB comes out on top. Somebody is going to rise to the occasion and someone is going to fumble the opportunity.

Let’s Ride!!!!

Advertisement
If nothing else, he's got the sense to make sure everyone knows he's working. None of the others seem to do that which I could forgive if they just didn't do social media. We at least know Perry does post sht, so he's losing the perception battle. Obviously the most important thing is impressing the coaches, but impressing the fans can't be bad, and neither of the other two have the sense to do it.

They shouldn't be surprised when the fans are pulling for Martell and not them. I don't care who gets the job, but there's only one guy I know for a fact is working his *** off.

Im happy to see Tate taking the QB comp seriously. But I also think people need to realize that some of the other QBs may have class right after practice, making it impossible for them to stay after. Im sure each QB is putting in the extra effort now because they know this may be their last chance.

Advertisement
Saw 2 vids of him in the IPF today working out and it’s refreshing to have these QB’s pushing each other...

idk about his arm talent in comparison to Jarren and Kosi and I don’t see vids of them on social media in the gym as much as I do Martell but boiiiii it seem like Martell stay in the IPF working out. This QB battle is insane and I’m thoroughly excited about which QB comes out on top. Somebody is going to rise to the occasion and someone is going to fumble the opportunity.

Let’s Ride!!!!

Talent is one thing, but look who Tate was playing behind last season vs who Williams and Kosi were behind...

Advertisement
Going, what, 42-0 and playing against a highly rated NATIONAL schedule is not to be overlook.

Having 113 TDs v. 9 ints is nothing to scoff at. My only question would be that he only avg 166 yrds passing/g.

I saw a lot of Bishop Gorman’s games, and I said this kid reminded me like the college version of Johnny Manziel. It looks like he’s working on weakness, which is an absolute plus.

High School is high school, but Tate’s High School total TDs dwarfs both Perry & Williams against much harder comp.

It’ll certainly be interesting, but I appreciate that Tate is coming in going hard for the opportunity

If nothing else he’s going to push the other guys to take the extra mile and have them feel compelled to do extra work which would be great for Miami in this competition. I dont Know if he will win the job but he’s working hard for sure. Tate absolutely has the qualities to be a prolific qb in today’s modern age game factoring in his arm, running ability and ability to throw on the run and improvise.

And also just because we don’t see videos of Williams and assuredly Perry working doesn’t mean they aren’t on their own time either.

Im happy to see Tate taking the QB comp seriously. But I also think people need to realize that some of the other QBs may have class right after practice, making it impossible for them to stay after. Im sure each QB is putting in the extra effort now because they know this may be their last chance.

Perry has proven he doesnt want to put in extra work. He didnt get it last year when he was starting, and there hasnt been any indication he's changed. I hope he has, but who knows at this point.

Jarren on the other hand seems to have done a 180. There are plenty of reports he's really stepping up, and is dead set on winning the job.

And Tate isnt just taking it seriously, that's who he is. He'll always be the last guy there. That's what makes him so tough to beat. He doesnt have the same arm talent, but he outworks everyone and is a natural leader. Honestly he reminds me of McSorely from Penn St

Advertisement
Heard from inside that Tate is bum juice in the pocket....out the pocket he makes plays and this isnt a good thing if hes not good in the pocket

Perry has proven he doesnt want to put in extra work. He didnt get it last year when he was starting, and there hasnt been any indication he's changed. I hope he has, but who knows at this point.

Jarren on the other hand seems to have done a 180. There are plenty of reports he's really stepping up, and is dead set on winning the job.

And Tate isnt just taking it seriously, that's who he is. He'll always be the last guy there. That's what makes him so tough to beat. He doesnt have the same arm talent, but he outworks everyone and is a natural leader. Honestly he reminds me of McSorely from Penn St
Yal seem to be trying to give Jarren the benefit of the doubt but refuse to do the same for Perry over a video .

Was Williams not also suspended last year ? Was he not also unable to unseat Rosier in Richts mind ?

How is it it “seems” like Jarren has done a 180 while Perry has apparently proven he won’t do extra work , yet Perry is ahead of Williams on the depth chart that Diaz said was based on effort and the offseason work ?

If nothing else, he's got the sense to make sure everyone knows he's working. None of the others seem to do that which I could forgive if they just didn't do social media. We at least know Perry does post sht, so he's losing the perception battle. Obviously the most important thing is impressing the coaches, but impressing the fans can't be bad, and neither of the other two have the sense to do it.

They shouldn't be surprised when the fans are pulling for Martell and not them. I don't care who gets the job, but there's only one guy I know for a fact is working his *** off.
Frankly, I do find it surprising. We spend all this time recruiting kids and then when they get here, fans are ready to move on because the expected star QB didn't take the team to a playoff as a freshman. Players need time to develop. You can't just write a guy off after 1 or 2 seasons especially if they're freshman.

Fans are behind Martell because they believe he's some sort of savior to the program and will lead us to the CFP. He's the new guy that everyone has these fantasy expectations that's hard for anyone to live up to.

I'm a realist. Martell hasn't done anything yet to warrant all the fanfare. No more than Jarren or N'kosi. Everyone's dissecting every little thing Martell does as one step closer to starting. We're at day 3 of Spring practice. Laughable.

Martell has given the QB room more competition which is good for the program. I have a wait-n-see attitude of who will rise in this new offense. There's no point in trying to figure out who will be "that dude." We'll know when it becomes blatantly obvious who has command of the offense and the team. I won't even pass judgment after the Spring because so much can happen over the Summer and into Fall camp.

The guy that best executes the offense, completes a high percentage, and is lighting up the defense on Greentree and in the IPF will be QB1. Let's just see how it all plays out.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Yal seem to be trying to give Jarren the benefit of the doubt but refuse to do the same for Perry over a video .

Was Williams not also suspended last year ? Was he not also unable to unseat Rosier in Richts mind ?

How is it it “seems” like Jarren has done a 180 while Perry has apparently proven he won’t do extra work , yet Perry is ahead of Williams on the depth chart that Diaz said was based on effort and the offseason work ?

Perry had a lot more issues going on than just a video, you seriously dont remember last season?

And Diaz has said there is no depth chart at QB right now. Not sure where you're getting he's ahead of anyone. Unless you think Diaz is lying or something.

Last edited:
I expect that no matter who wins the QB1, this year we will see much better QB play than we have in the last few years. I know there are major ?’s surrounding the O-Line but I think a good Offensive Coordinator and QB play will be able to mitigate that!

Last years offense had a terrible cycle of bad play calling and bad QB play led to defenses knowing the calls and stack the line which led to poor blocking and the poor blocking led to a poor offense and vice versa!

Advertisement
Back