Tate Martell

He's intriguing for sure. I for one hope he wins the job and lives up to his potential

He's got a ton of haters and would love to see him prove them wrong and lead us to the playoff
Enuff about Perry, let's talk about Martell...

Advertisement
Don't understand this viewpoint. Jarren, and even Kosi, where national-level, top recruits with major programs around the nation trying to get them. Why are they suddenly unworthy? What has Tate done to this point in his career that puts him above them?

Diaz watched both guys last year and wasnt impressed. He went and got tate for a reason. Im not saying i want tate to start. I want the best player starting.

Im just saying if i was betting id place my money on tate.

Diaz watched both guys last year and wasnt impressed. He went and got tate for a reason. Im not saying i want tate to start. I want the best player starting.

i couldn't care less who starts as long as they earn the job in a fair competition. tate will make the other 2 lazy QBs work harder.

My thing with Martell is how many of these kids that were considered QB prodigies at such a young age that have actually panned out?

I'm sure there are others, but Watson is the only one I can think of right now.

David Sills V was offered at a very young age, but He ended up converting to WR, was actually WVU's best WR last year.

Im happy to see Tate taking the QB comp seriously. But I also think people need to realize that some of the other QBs may have class right after practice, making it impossible for them to stay after. Im sure each QB is putting in the extra effort now because they know this may be their last chance.

No, he's the only one putting in extra work. I know this because I haven't seen anyone else doing it on social media.

Kidding above, but solid post on your part. It's always interesting to me how people leap to these definative conclusions based on just snippets of information.

I don't have a dog in the QB race. I'm just happy we have options.

Advertisement

And Ryan Day watched Martell last year and wasn't impressed...BTW Martell wasn't the only transfer QB that Diaz went after.

IMO , it wasn't about Diaz watching them and evaluating their talent as Qbs . It was more about attitude, effort and leadership. He needed someone to come in and show them and light a fire. Call it hands on learning.....

Advertisement
Remember when many of you passionately argued for “Kosi da gaaaawwww” as the man who was going to be the savior?

Yea, me too.

Pump the brakes on your favorite and realize that after 2 days of tip toe practice in shorts you have zero clue.

SPOILER: none of you will have a clue at the end of spring practice, either. Although some of you are going to passionately argue for this guy or that guy after spring practice. When you do that remember this: you were probably one of the guys that was screaming from the rafters “KOSI DA GAAAWWWWW” just a couple of years ago.

My gut reaction is I want Martell to start. But then I think how much of Perry's problems last year were because on Jon Richt? Not all, but some. So I hope Perry takes the opportunity seriously and does well.
Yeah Jon Richt definitely made him do snap **** or bang teammates girlfriends.

Neither of those guys had Enos as OC or the talent we have on offense now.

All those guys were working with NFL talent Wright (had Olsen, Hester, Parrish, Moss, etc), Marve (had Benjamin, Hankerson, Shields, etc) and Morris (had Dorset, Hurns, Coley, Walford, etc..). I'm excited about Enos, but I'm skeptical that installing some motion is going to turn Perry into a Heisman candidate. From what Ive seen of Perry, Ill take the unknown in Martell all day. The kid looked like an absolute baller in QB1. Ill take that over a strong arm.

Advertisement
“Arm Talent” doesn’t make a QB, plenty of QBs have big arms.

Idc if our QB has a big arm or an average arm (See Ken Dorsey), I want a winner taking the snaps. Winners find ways to win, we haven’t had that in years.

My only thing IMO (my opinion) OSU doesnt let savages walk away and transfer, if hes playing bad in practice then its possible he is what he is. I like the kid and his swag but Im not hearing good things at the practices, this is why I wanted Hurts and was mad he went to OU but understood why. I hope Tate proves me wrong but I do believe JWill will be a problem and he should probably be the one starting vs UF.

My only thing IMO (my opinion) OSU doesnt let savages walk away and transfer, if hes playing bad in practice then its possible he is what he is. I like the kid and his swag but Im not hearing good things at the practices, this is why I wanted Hurts and was mad he went to OU but understood why. I hope Tate proves me wrong but I do believe JWill will be a problem and he should probably be the one starting vs UF.

Advertisement
Yal seem to be trying to give Jarren the benefit of the doubt but refuse to do the same for Perry over a video .

Was Williams not also suspended last year ? Was he not also unable to unseat Rosier in Richts mind ?

How is it it “seems” like Jarren has done a 180 while Perry has apparently proven he won’t do extra work , yet Perry is ahead of Williams on the depth chart that Diaz said was based on effort and the offseason work ?

Nkosi’s done dumb **** since he got here, f’d around and couldn’t beat out Malik when we badly needed him to, apparently didn’t take things seriously and didn’t look great when he got his chance. Not traits you want at the most important position on the field. That’s his resume to this point.

He’s a talented dude and it means great things for us if he has turned it around but there’s a reason a lot of us are skeptical. He earned the skepticism. Reap, sow.

Listen this isn’t the NFL. IDGAF who throws the best spiral. If that mattered guys like tebow wouldn’t have ever played. Give me the guy who is gonna go out there and not be scared and do whatever it takes to win **** football games. If that’s running around and making plays with your legs so be it idgaf. Just put the guy out there that’s gonna win.

Agree to a point BUT, with a coaching change the new coach is usually itching to get "his guy" at QB - in Day's case it was Fields. He got his guy and everyone knew it. And it cuts both ways, IMO. That's why I'm intrigued at the whole "clean slate" thing Manny is espousing. I want to see how it actually plays out, because right now Martell is "Manny's Guy" - the QB that Manny/Enos really went out of their way to get (Matocha notwithstanding.) May the best man win.

Advertisement
Back