Tate approved

Advertisement
How did "money talk?"
He had his own lawyer who specializes in this handling it. Don't know if it was the difference but it probably didn't hurt. Maybe there's more of a fear of litigation/damage to the NCAA as a result too? Just a guess here.

That said, i do recognize that this puts me with the infamous @D RevLee and that frightens me.

They still could have said no. Not everyone is elligible, regardless of the situation.

LOL.. man Look. Those dude to F O R E V E R to decide on Tate in comparison to other transfers. If you want to believe the NCAA is fair and balance, well then good luck to you. Just remember how they went about the Shapiro fiasco and how crooked they were.
Back to Tate - those cats were looking for a way to deny but knew **** well they couldn't justify it.

JC

LOL.. man Look. Those dude to F O R E V E R to decide on Tate in comparison to other transfers. If you want to believe the NCAA is fair and balance, well then good luck to you. Just remember how they went about the Shapiro fiasco and how crooked they were.
Back to Tate - those cats were looking for a way to deny but knew **** well they couldn't justify it.

JC
Some guys on here just like to cry about every little perceived slight... dude got his waiver, why you *****ing still?

Advertisement

JC

You are missing the point. The rules only say the NCAA has the final say. Whether they are justified or not, they could have said no and we wouldnt be able to do a **** thing about it!

giphy.gif
Is that a Marlins game? Lol 😂

OSU knows they owe us one from 2002
Dude... They don't have a footnote on that robbed title acknowledging what happened with Terry Porter and his late flag. This was a business decision. They got Fields and they didn't need Martell creating more trouble for them based on whatever he saw or knows from being there. This was wise on their part to get this behind them.

Funny thing, some of these transfers probably got bags. Now, what is the school going to do, say no, you can't go? I can see a Bama kid wanting to transfer, and Saban coming unhinged. What would follow is a lot of beans being spilled on why that player went to Alabama to begin with. Things are going to get very interesting.
That scenario is very similar to what actually happened at SMU in the 80's and led to them getting the death penalty.

Advertisement

JC

Who cares. The NCAA approved Tate's waiver when they didn't have to. They could have easily ruled against a waiver.

Advertisement
Dude... They don't have a footnote on that robbed title acknowledging what happened with Terry Porter and his late flag. This was a business decision. They got Fields and they didn't need Martell creating more trouble for them based on whatever he saw or knows from being there. This was wise on their part to get this behind them.

Oh wow, really? I thought Miami had a "you owe me" card and was just waiting for the perfect time to use it on OSU.

No sh*t they don't have a footnote. I made that comment toungue-in-cheek

Davis looks like a beast physically
View attachment 82163

That’s who I think should start game 1 honestly especially since I think they will ease Lingard in.

Ease Lingard in? Did he tear his ACL? If he didn’t tear his ACL, there’s absolutely no reason he should be eased in anywhere in August. Literally the worst possible knee injury outside of an ACL (or something very rare like patella tear) would have him at 100.0% full strength LONG before summer.

Advertisement
Not to overstate the obvious here but it he NCAA is now and always has been an insidious cabal that does whatever the **** it pleases. That said, there is also more forced transparency than there has ever been at any time previous. More information means that it is more difficult to operate without impunity as a cabal. The decisions of the NCAA have always been slanted against the “amateur” athletes. Public forums such as this one tend to bring light to the hypocrisies and inequities that have been allowed we’d to go unchallenged for so many years. The truth tends to favor the individuals over the institutions and this is a most welcome change.

Oh Tate Oh Tate, how you play so great.
Served up on a silver plate from Ohio State.
Call it fate that the news came late.
For now we can celebrate and with college co eds you can mate.
Oh Tate Oh Tate, you make my heart palpitate.
I will think of you tonight while I ...........! (Go Canes)

Advertisement
Back