Talent evaluator thoughts on the first week of practice

Never been a fan of Camron Harris, and still not. He struggled in HS... I certainly didn’t think he’d just start balling in college. So I can definitely see Knighton being the best RB. Give me him, Chaney, and burn over Harris.

Advertisement
You guys should watch Canesvilles YouTube. He talked about Fishbeins evaluation from a practice he watched days ago.

So teams will be able to pass on us because we don’t have elite corners? And what does that say about our safeties? And did this T.E conveniently forget that we have three legit defensive ends?

For whatever it’s worth, I’m going to take Deion‘s opinion over this talent evaluator. We need more depth, and we need to get the right personnel on the field. But we have a legit talent at cornerback.

If Hickson/Lashlee fail to get the Rooster touches.... OMG. Deliver the bleach.

AND fugg 10 wins. That’s the floor.

Advertisement
Everything he said I pretty much knew already besides Knighton being the best back on the roster

Everything he said I pretty much knew already besides Knighton being the best back on the roster

"Talent evaluator" doesn't have any nuance. He's just watching who the best athletes are like anyone on this site could. Everyone knows Knighton is the best athlete we have on offense. That doesn't mean he's the best back yet but he needs to get touches in space at minimum.

Advertisement
Can't say I'm surprised to hear what he said about our corners. LB's can't even be evaluated due to mass injuries but I think the group is athletic at least. Finally Herbert shows even a little something, bout **** time smh. Dunson, Clarke (maybe harrell too) better be ready to play immediately.

the team NEEDS TVD or Matocha to step up and take the back up job this season. Recruits want to see a viable, talented QB option for next year; everyone knows King is gone after this year and if Lashlee's system is good, the next QB - theoretically the backup guy- should continue to be successful next year. I have nothing against Perry but kids know what his deal has been as QB for Miami. It's just my opinion but I think we need a new, talented fresh face as QB going forward to sell to recruits. We all hope TVD can be that guy. Hopefully King and the offense can put up enough points that TVD and/or Matocha gets on the field and gets some experience.

I know we say it every year, but this is really the year to make noise or just gut the entire thing.

This roster, with this schedule, wins AT LEAST 10 games for any competent staff. Urban Meyer (NO!!!, I'm not expecting Manny to be Urban Meyer, but...) probably runs the table with this team against this competition. If Manny can't get 10 and the Coastal, at worst, he is absolutely, NO DOUBT unfit to be the HC here at this point and needs to be fired, without question.

It's not a national championship roster....let's not get it twisted. But it's MORE than enough to have the best season we've had here in over a decade, and it all starts with #1. He is an ELITE QB. Not a good QB, he is a PHENOMENAL college football QB. He is Jalen Hurts lite. Put this kid in Lincoln Riley's offense this year in Lincoln, and you'll have the exact same hype and production that Hurts had to start last year when he was running away with the Heisman before Burrow went nuts. He would ABSOLUTELY be in NYC at the Downtown Athletic Club as a Heisman finalist this coming December if he was in Norman right now. Zero doubt. So, why shouldn't we expect the same, or at least something somewhat similar here?? We absolutely should. I'm not saying that Lashlee is Lincoln, or that Miami's pieces around the QB are as good as Oklahoma's, but there's more than enough here for him to have a spectacular season. If he doesn't something is SERIOUSLY amiss within the program.

The defense will be at worst fine. I know that for a fact. It may be better, but the floor is a pretty good defense. We have an above average punter. We have an above average kicker. We have perhaps the best edge combination in the country on defense. We have upper echelon ACC talent at the skill positions on offense. We have every single kid coming back on the offensive line with a coach who has proven he's at least somewhat competent. And we have an absurd, almost cartoon-like dynamo running the show.

Again, we say this every year, but there are NO excuses for ****ting the bed this season. Absolutely zero. Under NO circumstances, barring something off the field happening, should a coach be fired after 1 year. Not even for losing to FIU, sorry. It's not nearly enough of an evaluation. But not winning 10+ and the division with this team? He and everyone he's touched needs their bags packed the instant the season ends. Good coaches absolutely dominate this division with this team and D'Eriq King at the center of it. Period.

Encouraging about TVD. I knew King was the real deal. Don’t understand how anyone was in denial about that.

Advertisement
I know it's Miami and Flake will extend anybody with one nine win season, but one good year from Manny should not warrant an extension. Let's see what the program direction is two years from now. We should be able to win 10 this season, but we've said that for 15 years, including last year that was an unmitigated disaster.

I know it's Miami and Flake will extend anybody with one nine win season, but one good year from Manny should not warrant an extension. Let's see what the program direction is two years from now. We should be able to win 10 this season, but we've said that for 15 years, including last year that was an unmitigated disaster.

“Talent evaluator“ has no clue about extensions. The more I think about this “evaluation“, the more the bullshlt alarm goes off for me.

It’s a collection of common sense, publicly discussed stuff, using information available to hundreds of people. Dozens and dozens of high school coaches get to watch practices, some probably are very good football observers, but fewer are probably accurate college talent evaluators.

Also, “the players are buying in” is the most hackneyed, overused, meaningless phrase ever. We hear it every year about every football program.

Advertisement
Is this roster better than our roster in 2017 when we had our mini run? Quarterback upgrade. Defensive line maybe better but also maybe a wash cause our interior won’t be as good. Secondary not as good. No argument there. Red and JJ were great for us and 28 and malek were solid as ****. Linebackers we are green. Downgrade I know some might not agree. This is just my opinion. Running back I’d say a wash because it was homers first year as a starter after mark went down. I think our committee will be good this year. Receivers give the edge to 2017 cause of Braxton and Richards sometimes. Hard choice but berrios was everything we needed a lot. Tight end Jordan edge over Herndon I think. But it’s close. Jordan had through the roof potential. Offensive line I truly don’t know. Literal mystery. Maybe edge to 2017.

We got the guys to get it done. Will they be coached? We will find out. Lashlee offense over richt offense but richt as a gameday coach over manny

The talent evaluator wouldnt happen to be you ? Lol
A talent evaluator and state champion coach gave Manny Navarro his thoughts after watching Several practices. Here are some notes.

He says King is the real deal and will get Diaz an extension.

Says he was shocked at how good of a passer he was and called him a better version of Virginia QB Bryce Perkins.

Says TVD is legit and he hasn't seen another Miami QB like him. He says he's going to be good and the players think it's not going to take him a lot of time to become QB2.

Jaylon Knighton was the Best RB on the roster including Harris

Xavier Restrepo is going to be good

receivers coach Rob Likens was “very high energy” and held his players accountable.
I remember a guy dropped a ball — like a slant on air — he picks the ball up and kind of jogs through the line,” the coach. “(Likens) went ape ****.

Garin Justice hire was no doubt smart and connects to players better then berry

He said they had more holes and gaps to run through in this practice than I ever remember them having last year.

Expects John Campbell to be the starting LT

Herbert has gotten better

Chris Washington will be good down the line

D-Line will be very good

He thinks teams will be able to pass on us if the pass rush doesn't get going. He says we do not have elite corners

Says team should win at least 10 games with King

He also says the players are buying in to the coaching staff.

A talent evaluator and state champion coach gave Manny Navarro his thoughts after watching Several practices. Here are some notes.

He says King is the real deal and will get Diaz an extension.

Says he was shocked at how good of a passer he was and called him a better version of Virginia QB Bryce Perkins.

Says TVD is legit and he hasn't seen another Miami QB like him. He says he's going to be good and the players think it's not going to take him a lot of time to become QB2.

Jaylon Knighton was the Best RB on the roster including Harris

Xavier Restrepo is going to be good

receivers coach Rob Likens was “very high energy” and held his players accountable.
I remember a guy dropped a ball — like a slant on air — he picks the ball up and kind of jogs through the line,” the coach. “(Likens) went ape ****.

Garin Justice hire was no doubt smart and connects to players better then berry

He said they had more holes and gaps to run through in this practice than I ever remember them having last year.

Expects John Campbell to be the starting LT

Herbert has gotten better

Chris Washington will be good down the line

D-Line will be very good

He thinks teams will be able to pass on us if the pass rush doesn't get going. He says we do not have elite corners

Says team should win at least 10 games with King

He also says the players are buying in to the coaching staff.
Ladies and gentlemen we are ****ed...

Mandy will definitely win enough games this year against the worst schedule in college football history to keep us mediocre forever.

RIP The U

Advertisement
Back