Talent evaluator thoughts on the first week of practice

Mackmiller974

All ACC
A talent evaluator and state champion coach gave Manny Navarro his thoughts after watching Several practices. Here are some notes.

He says King is the real deal and will get Diaz an extension.

Says he was shocked at how good of a passer he was and called him a better version of Virginia QB Bryce Perkins.

Says TVD is legit and he hasn't seen another Miami QB like him. He says he's going to be good and the players think it's not going to take him a lot of time to become QB2.

Jaylon Knighton was the Best RB on the roster including Harris

Xavier Restrepo is going to be good

receivers coach Rob Likens was “very high energy” and held his players accountable.
I remember a guy dropped a ball — like a slant on air — he picks the ball up and kind of jogs through the line,” the coach. “(Likens) went ape ****.

Garin Justice hire was no doubt smart and connects to players better then berry

He said they had more holes and gaps to run through in this practice than I ever remember them having last year.

Expects John Campbell to be the starting LT

Herbert has gotten better

Chris Washington will be good down the line

D-Line will be very good

He thinks teams will be able to pass on us if the pass rush doesn't get going. He says we do not have elite corners

Says team should win at least 10 games with King

He also says the players are buying in to the coaching staff.

Last edited:
Advertisement
A talent evaluator and state champion coach gave Manny Navarro his thoughts after watching Several practices. Here are some notes.

Says he was shocked at how good of a passer he was and called him a better version of Virginia QB Bryce Perkins.

Says TVD is legit and he hasn't seen another Miami QB like him. He says he's going to be good and the players think it's not going to take him a lot of time to become QB2.

receivers coach Rob Likens was “very high energy” and held his players accountable.
I remember a guy dropped a ball — like a slant on air — he picks the ball up and kind of jogs through the line,” the coach. “(Likens) went ape ****.

He said they had more holes and gaps to run through in this practice than I ever remember them having last year.

D-Line will be very good

He thinks teams will be able to pass on us if the pass rush doesn't get going. He says we do not have elite corners
Paging Mike Rumph......

D-Line will be very good

I had a feeling that Quincy Roche was going to be our best DB signing.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
His pass rush will help the DB’s so he’s like a good DB signing I think is the suggestion.

Yes.

Since we can't immediately fix a few years of so-so DB recruiting, it looks like our immediate plan is to load the DL with monsters, thus making the life of a UM DB a bit easier for 2020.

You can't complete a pass if you're sitting on your ****...

Advertisement
the problem is baker and diaz are so blitz happy, they don’t just let the front 4 eat and play coverage. On any 3rd down passing play you can almost guarantee it’s a blitz.
No worries, RVA will get to the QB in his souped up Hoveround.

... receivers coach Rob Likens was “very high energy” and held his players accountable.
My initial thought on Likens, when I saw that interview someone posted when he was hired, was who’s the cokehead?

After reading this, does Likens remind anyone else that’s older and/or familiar with 80’s movies of the Dennis Hopper character “Frank” in Blue Velvet???

49E59079-251A-45FA-BAEE-430D09EBC29C.gif

Advertisement
Back