Talan

So based on our Front 7 what does it have a chance of looking like, i mean crap it would be hard to stop Chad, AQM, McCord on the field at the same time then you add in Djax, i would love to see us bring in 4 DE on passing downs, move Chad and AQM inside and let McCord and Djax rush from the DE spot

you pretty much just described seattle seahawks defense. if only golden would have visited there smh.

Advertisement
So based on our Front 7 what does it have a chance of looking like, i mean crap it would be hard to stop Chad, AQM, McCord on the field at the same time then you add in Djax, i would love to see us bring in 4 DE on passing downs, move Chad and AQM inside and let McCord and Djax rush from the DE spot

you pretty much just described seattle seahawks defense. if only golden would have visited there smh.

Coaches don't just visit wherever they want. They typically need to have a contact within a certain coaching staff before being invited to come discuss football. If only golden knew someone who knew someone on the Seahawks staff. Then maybe he could have gone out to Seattle.

If only...

Coaches don't just visit wherever they want. They typically need to have a contact within a certain coaching staff before being invited to come discuss football. If only golden knew someone who knew someone on the Seahawks staff. Then maybe he could have gone out to Seattle.

If only...

I see the sarcasm LOL

In all reality even with out Brennan, all you need is a **** email or phone call to go "observe". Staph gon' Staph

Advertisement
With the players we have on defense, and the recruits most often found in south FL, it is complete stubbornness to just keep running a 3-4...

But that is expected with this "square peg into a round hole" thinking with this incompetent staff...

Reasons why we should run a 4-3 as apposed to a 3-4:

We don't have a dominant NT...

Our DEs are more of the WDE(rush ends) than the SDEs that eat up double teams...

Most of our good LBs are undersized for a 3-4...

3-4 front 7 players are hard to find in south FL on the regular...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But we do have 3 beastly WDE(McCord, AQM and Thomas) who could thrive in an attacking 4-3...

We have DTs(Kamalu, Hurtelou, Jenkins and eventually Moton) that could fit in much better as 4-3 than a 3-4 which requires a dominant NT...

We have smaller LBs that fit a 4-3 much better(WLB Grace, MLB Kirby and SLB Owens)...

Why is it so hard for this staff to understand?

With the players we have on defense, and the recruits most often found in south FL, it is complete stubbornness to just keep running a 3-4...

But that is expected with this "square peg into a round hole" thinking with this incompetent staff...

Reasons why we should run a 4-3 as apposed to a 3-4:

We don't have a dominant NT...

Our DEs are more of the WDE(rush ends) than the SDEs that eat up double teams...

Most of our good LBs are undersized for a 3-4...

3-4 front 7 players are hard to find in south FL on the regular...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But we do have 3 beastly WDE(McCord, AQM and Thomas) who could thrive in an attacking 4-3...

We have DTs(Kamalu, Hurtelou, Jenkins and eventually Moton) that could fit in much better as 4-3 than a 3-4 which requires a dominant NT...

We have smaller LBs that fit a 4-3 much better(WLB Grace, MLB Kirby and SLB Owens)...

Why is it so hard for this staff to understand?

Excellent post. Agree 100%

I'll still never understand why we run a defense that isn't 1 gap attacking, regardless if it's 43 or 34 (Preferable 43 though).

The talent that we get in SoFl are just about always better suited to be in a 43 1 gap attacking scheme, which we have always used.

Advertisement
Personally, I like Talan more than Barry.

Barry is smooth and has instincts but he's real light in the ***. Talan has a lot more twitch and can do more things, IMO.

I'd also like to see more pop from Barry. He doesn't explode through people, which makes me even more concerned about his size.

Worst case scenario for Talan is special teams captain.

I think the main issue is that Talan doesn't fit (schematically) at Miami. He's never gonna be 235+.

And ultimately this is the problem with our scheme IMO.

We can't sign an LB like Talan because he may only grow to 220lbs? Well ****, Louisville kicked our *** with 220lb Linebackers.

I don't know about you guys but I'd like to have the James Burgess and Skai Moores of the world.

From what I can tell, Coach D has been looking for smaller WILLs lately. Brightwell and Barry are pretty much the same size as Talan, and Grace (admittedly with a bigger frame) has played light. Cornelius and Fentress played nickel LB at times, and both played a ton of LB against Georgia Tech.

Also, like you said, Talan can do everything at safety that Crawford and Fentress do and more.

Talan is down to Temple and Nebraska. We thank Coach Golden for not offering :)

Advertisement
Talan is down to Temple and Nebraska. We thank Coach Golden for not offering :)

Wow that is a tough choice, wholly smokes not even a late offer at this point? Hopefully Miami has flipped Kevin Henry from Ok St during his visit this weekend.

Go Canes

His offer list is ok and he probably does not have an commitable offer from Nebraska or some of the other schools he visited. Looks like Temple for him. If that's the case, I would rather pass...

Advertisement
His offer list is ok and he probably does not have an commitable offer from Nebraska or some of the other schools he visited. Looks like Temple for him. If that's the case, I would rather pass...

He very much has a committable offer from Nebraska, Pitt, TCU, etc. Just because Temple gets a good recruit doesn't mean they had no other options. Kareem Ali certainly did. http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Kareem-Ali Jr-138155

He decommitted from Temple before, no?

This is the type of kid Jimmy Johnson would have taken and turned in to a monster. But have fun butt chugging for Golden.

He very much has a committable offer from Nebraska, Pitt, TCU, etc. Just because Temple gets a good recruit doesn't mean they had no other options. Kareem Ali certainly did. http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Kareem-Ali Jr-138155

He decommitted from Temple before, no?

Talan, yes. He committed before visiting, which IMO wasn't a good idea anyway.

Advertisement
Back