Talan

Something that had me confused. .i asked AQM what position he is playing and he said he was playing Rush...now in our HS defense 4-3 the down 4 we call End, Shade/NT, 3 and a Rush...so i just assumed they were moving to the same scheme .. and when i hear Sam and Will I'm thinking 4-3.... when i think 3-4. I'm thinking 2 ILBs and 2 OLBs with ILBs being meaty gap pluggers and the OLBs being DE/LB hybrids edge rushers

We kind of run a hybrid 3-4, I don't see us changing this year but who knows. In our current D Rush = McCord and Harris(this year).

If we are running our current D when Shaq gets here, I would guess he would be competing with Juwan Young for Perryman's ILB spot.

Advertisement
Something that had me confused. .i asked AQM what position he is playing and he said he was playing Rush...now in our HS defense 4-3 the down 4 we call End, Shade/NT, 3 and a Rush...so i just assumed they were moving to the same scheme .. and when i hear Sam and Will I'm thinking 4-3.... when i think 3-4. I'm thinking 2 ILBs and 2 OLBs with ILBs being meaty gap pluggers and the OLBs being DE/LB hybrids edge rushers

We kind of run a hybrid 3-4, I don't see us changing this year but who knows. In our current D Rush = McCord and Harris(this year).

If we are running our current D when Shaq gets here, I would guess he would be competing with Juwan Young for Perryman's ILB spot.

This weekend Hurlie was telling me that McCord will be at Sam with Darrion and AQM also said that he is playing Rush..AQM Kayaa Casey Mc Chad Thomas and a couple other guys talked with the recruits

I can't figure out what the **** Grolden doing regarding defensive talent. Seems like he's just pulling **** out of his ***. No reasonable strategy to what they are doing!

Barry >>>>> Talon....

and ima big s.fla guy..who lives down the street from Flanagan.

Barry has more upside.......

Now i'd offer the Archer kid...for the simple fact that it would of locked in Scarlett.

I also like the Shawn Curtis kid out of Reagan. Now Curtis looks to play the same position thehy recruited Godinier for..but he still looks like a take in our scheme all the way imo.

Talan too me looks tapped out physically....He will be a good player in a scheme fit...i dont think he would work to his full potential in our scheme currently..but in Randy's scheme he would have as an OLB....and at Va tech, or even TCU who is on him.
Grace is probably a good 2 inches taller and ten -15 pds heavier and we have almost made him a situatuational player in our scheme...

I don't disagree with this. Matter of fact, this is the only "knock" on him I can think of. Grace has a thicker torso, thus Grace will put on (and hold) more weight.

However...

If Crawford can play Safety here, Talan can play Safety here.

which is why i said he is a scheme fit......dude can be a deadly rover on a team like va tech....or like how tcu actually plays as well...

Not a knock on your boy ...it hink he is um quality...just not a scheme fit for us..cuz for us he would have to play safety...and he isnt inmo the same league as Deon Bush, Rayshawn Jenkins, Jamal Carter types we got running around....Crawford/Fentress arent the norm, im trying to figure out why they stole mins from Jamala nd Deon right now....But i hear you....

Dont let that kid sign to a place based off of hype though..man let him sign to a place that he fits schematically and can do work and utilize his best assets...

So correct me if im wrong in regards to our "3-4" LB depth because as of now here is what I see..(And I mean TRUE LBs..Not guys like Deme Jackson/Terry McCrary who would virually have the learn the position from scratch.)

McCord/Owens - SLB
Kirby - ILB
Young - ILB
Grace - WLB

I mean have I just gone completely dumb and forgotten anyone..Who else is there? Do we even have any backup ILBs??? Are we really relying on Tr-Fr as our main backup depth. I love CPerry and all but I am not sure if he will be ready weight wise..

McCord is a DE that sometimes drops into coverage. He did not line up as a conventional B once last year.

Advertisement
Personally, I like Talan more than Barry.

Barry is smooth and has instincts but he's real light in the ***. Talan has a lot more twitch and can do more things, IMO.

I'd also like to see more pop from Barry. He doesn't explode through people, which makes me even more concerned about his size.

Worst case scenario for Talan is special teams captain.

Barry is smooth and has instincts but he's real light in the ***. Talan has a lot more twitch and can do more things, IMO.

I'd also like to see more pop from Barry. He doesn't explode through people, which makes me even more concerned about his size.

Based off film I would agree, especially with how need players like him who make plays and create turnovers on special teams.

I think alot of people are underestimating our LB core from this year

Perry
Gordinier
Berry- im assuming

are all really good. they are all different type of LB's
Perry runs a 4.5 adn will come down hill
Gordinier fights through traffic and can run sideline to sideline
Berry is fast and physical much like J.Grace

I would say we need another LB Houston would have been nice, i dont think Archer is TOP D1 caliber IMO i was as excited about him but his film too me is very underwhelming for his type of size speed and strength. he could be a ST Ace. for a late offer i would take him. talan is a monster i would take him fast. i feel like we are missing a LB that has it all though. all those guys we have now are good in their own way but none of them have it all like Shaq Quaterman in 2016

Barry >>>>> Talon....

and ima big s.fla guy..who lives down the street from Flanagan.

Barry has more upside.......

Now i'd offer the Archer kid...for the simple fact that it would of locked in Scarlett.

I also like the Shawn Curtis kid out of Reagan. Now Curtis looks to play the same position thehy recruited Godinier for..but he still looks like a take in our scheme all the way imo.

Talan too me looks tapped out physically....He will be a good player in a scheme fit...i dont think he would work to his full potential in our scheme currently..but in Randy's scheme he would have as an OLB....and at Va tech, or even TCU who is on him.
Grace is probably a good 2 inches taller and ten -15 pds heavier and we have almost made him a situatuational player in our scheme...

I don't disagree with this. Matter of fact, this is the only "knock" on him I can think of. Grace has a thicker torso, thus Grace will put on (and hold) more weight.

However...

If Crawford can play Safety here, Talan can play Safety here.

which is why i said he is a scheme fit......dude can be a deadly rover on a team like va tech....or like how tcu actually plays as well...

Not a knock on your boy ...it hink he is um quality...just not a scheme fit for us..cuz for us he would have to play safety...and he isnt inmo the same league as Deon Bush, Rayshawn Jenkins, Jamal Carter types we got running around....Crawford/Fentress arent the norm, im trying to figure out why they stole mins from Jamala nd Deon right now....But i hear you....

Dont let that kid sign to a place based off of hype though..man let him sign to a place that he fits schematically and can do work and utilize his best assets...

No knock taken. I agree.

Advertisement
Great stuff, Fellas!!!

I could read football conversations between gogeta and CoachMacho every day. Always appreciate you guys' input.

This weekend Hurlie was telling me that McCord will be at Sam with Darrion and AQM also said that he is playing Rush..AQM Kayaa Casey Mc Chad Thomas and a couple other guys talked with the recruits

I like the move of McCord to SAM.

Now if they have AQM and Chad on the ends. I like this a lot.

Let's see though...

I think the main issue is that Talan doesn't fit (schematically) at Miami. He's never gonna be 235+.

And ultimately this is the problem with our scheme IMO.

We can't sign an LB like Talan because he may only grow to 220lbs? Well ****, Louisville kicked our *** with 220lb Linebackers.

I don't know about you guys but I'd like to have the James Burgess and Skai Moores of the world.

Let's see though...

We're talking about the 4-3 or the 3-4?

If we're talking about the 3-4, I don't like Chad at DE at all.
And if we're talking about the 4-3, I don't like McCord at Sam. I think we'd be wasting his pass rushing talents.

If we're gonna be a 4-3 one-gap defense then I believe the DE's should be Thomas and McCord with AQM rotating in. Let those 3 freaks fight for starting DE spots.

Advertisement
I appreciate Macho and Gogetas evaluations a lot as they have watched those guys in that area.

I've seen prospects a lot in Dade and when I get the chance some in Broward or palm beach but not as much as you guys.

Can read this **** all day. Much appreciated.

Let's see though...

And if we're talking about the 4-3, I don't like McCord at Sam. I think we'd be wasting his pass rushing talents.

If we're gonna be a 4-3 one-gap defense then I believe the DE's should be Thomas and McCord with AQM rotating in. Let those 3 freaks fight for starting DE spots.

From a 3-4 I like it assuming they stick to it. Who would you slot in over Chad in that case?

From a 4-3 I would like if they kept McCord at DE and let Chad, McCord and AQM battle it out.

Let's see though...

I do too that's a good move... And we can have him rush occasionally or if injuries occur

Advertisement

I think the main issue is that Talan doesn't fit (schematically) at Miami. He's never gonna be 235+.

And ultimately this is the problem with our scheme IMO.

We can't sign an LB like Talan because he may only grow to 220lbs? Well ****, Louisville kicked our *** with 220lb Linebackers.

I don't know about you guys but I'd like to have the James Burgess and Skai Moores of the world.

I would give anything to have Burgess and Skai here.

**** even M. Thomas too.

Let's see though...

From a 3-4 I like it assuming they stick to it. Who would you slot in over Chad in that case?

From a 4-3 I would like if they kept McCord at DE and let Chad, McCord and AQM battle it out.

I just don't like Chad as a 3-4 DE. I think we're wasting his athletic talent by not having him rush off the edge.

We're gonna fatten him up like we did Chickillo.

Let's see though...

I don't like it at all if we continue our same style D (which we will). While good in theory that McCord and AQM would be our 3-4 OLBs, with the way we play it will just mean McCord will just spend a lot more time in space.

Chad is better suited at a 4-3 DE but would be fine as a 3-4 DE in a 1 gap scheme. But we will 2 gap and waste him, honestly I feel bad for the kid already.

Last edited:
So based on our Front 7 what does it have a chance of looking like, i mean crap it would be hard to stop Chad, AQM, McCord on the field at the same time then you add in Djax, i would love to see us bring in 4 DE on passing downs, move Chad and AQM inside and let McCord and Djax rush from the DE spot

Advertisement
Back