Taisun Phommachanh in the New 247 ranking

I still hope that my nephew ends up a hurricane fellas, may the best recruit win. I guess whoever commits first.

No disrespect meant to mike brother. Atleast not ever meant by me. But we all know you offer the best prospects and see where things go from there. In tais case he loves miami & had dreamed about playing for us. Its blatantly disrespectful by the staff to slow play him unless you're just not sure about him as a prospect. As a result hes simply growing resentment to us.

No disrespect taken. Mike is serious about playing qb and he is serious about Miami. Offering the best prospects makes sense, if Tais as good as you say he is and Miami is his dream school, wth are the coaches waiting for!?

Advertisement
I still hope that my nephew ends up a hurricane fellas, may the best recruit win. I guess whoever commits first.

No disrespect meant to mike brother. Atleast not ever meant by me. But we all know you offer the best prospects and see where things go from there. In tais case he loves miami & had dreamed about playing for us. Its blatantly disrespectful by the staff to slow play him unless you're just not sure about him as a prospect. As a result hes simply growing resentment to us.

No disrespect taken. Mike is serious about playing qb and he is serious about Miami. Offering the best prospects makes sense, if Tais as good as you say he is and Miami is his dream school, wth are the coaches waiting for!?

Mike. If there is one thing I learned this year is that the staff picks 1 QB and goes all out for him. Look what they did with Art, they picked him and didn't bother recruiting other high rated QBs like Fields or Thompson. They will ride with Mike until he says no, then and only then, will they look at others

I know dee has been raving about this kid and it looks like 247 took notice. Ranked him as the 87th prospect in the land for '19 class.

The No. 2 quarterback has no such size limitations. The upside is definitely there for Taisun Phommachanh to be the top quarterback in this class but we’ve not seen the Connecticut native up close much and given his competition level, his performances in camps this spring and summer will be telling. Already he’s become a high priority for the likes of Michigan, TCU, Maryland and Indiana.

https://247sports.com/college/miami...he-updated-Top247-rankings-for-2019-114512218

Alabama, fsu, clemson & osu been to see him twice this month. Been tried to tell you that 3 star crap is nonsense. Its just for fans. Here or anywhere else tai is a monster. this crap game we keep playing with him over a kid who doesn't really wanna be here is absurd. Tai would jump at our offer. Now he's growing resentment and everyone is after him.

Who’s is it you are referring too, that you say doesn’t wanna be here and this crap game stuff, hmm???

The doesn't really wanna be here is in response to mike not being unquestionably sold on here right now. Tai will commit(atleast previously) the second he gets his offer. Now he'd probably wait it out some. The 3 star & the crap game is about the nonsense we as a staff keep doing with tai. Nothing to do with mike. As i said no disrespect here. These are kids.

Simple answer seems to be Mike. Logical answer is not one clue

If you aren't happy about it, use your connections to the progrum and say something.

Advertisement
Richt is picky with his QB’s. At this point it means nothing until we see how Perry and Williams play. If there is any position to be picky with its QB. You only get 1-2 per class. However on the flip side - it seems like he’s realized he’s made incorrect evaluations in the beginning only to scramble to get “his guy” later. Richt has had success with QB’s in the past tho so I trust him as much as I see what happens in the next 2 years.

there were no incorrect original evaluations on stits. lots of big time schools were in on him. over time he failed to live up to the original evaluations and was dropped, as he should have been.

So frustrating. You would think coach Richt would have learned his lesson after the Deshaun Watson situation but maybe not. Just don't understand why they don't recruit both especially if there's one guy who seems to be somewhat of a longshot and the other kid is dying for an offer. The coaches obviously know more than any of us fans but I just hope this doesn't turn into another situation of egg on coach Richt's face.

Thanks for the info. Is he growing resentment toward the other marquee programs that haven’t offered him yet? Or just us? Seems like we get that resentment against us while other programs are allowed to take their time.

Thanks for the info. Is he growing resentment toward the other marquee programs that haven’t offered him yet? Or just us? Seems like we get that resentment against us while other programs are allowed to take their time.

Prob extra salty since he came to paradise camp to earn that offer and still never got it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement

Funny how that works.

We can recruit the **** out of a guy. His dream school waits until the final hour to offer and he jumps on it.

We wait until the final hour to offer a guy and we did him wrong.

Funny how that works.

We can recruit the **** out of a guy. His dream school waits until the final hour to offer and he jumps on it.

We wait until the final hour to offer a guy and we did him wrong.

We don't even have to wait till the final hour for the resentment to start simmering. This dude isn't even a senior in HS yet.

Prob extra salty since he came to paradise camp to earn that offer and still never got it.

I still don't get it. He came to Paradise and did well. That's awesome. Not everyone who goes to Paradise and does well gets an offer.

If he really loves the Canes and wants to be here, then he won't hold us to some ridiculous standard that he's not holding other programs to. In fact, if he really loves UM, then he'd cut us a little more slack than he's cutting the other marquee programs that haven't offered yet. If it's all about who offers first, then he should be heading to Maryland or UConn.

You know who really loved UM? Trajan Bandy. The previous idiots disrespected the fvck out of that champion. Did he grudge out like a chick and wind up in Oklahoma where he didn't really want to be?

I still don't get it. He came to Paradise and did well. That's awesome. Not everyone who goes to Paradise and does well gets an offer.

If he really loves the Canes and wants to be here, then he won't hold us to some ridiculous standard that he's not holding other programs to. In fact, if he really loves UM, then he'd cut us a little more slack than he's cutting the other marquee programs that haven't offered yet. If it's all about who offers first, then he should be heading to Maryland or UConn.

You know who really loved UM? Trajan Bandy. The previous idiots disrespected the fvck out of that champion. Did he grudge out like a chick and wind up in Oklahoma where he didn't really want to be?

You'll probably get

giphy.gif

Advertisement

So frustrating. You would think coach Richt would have learned his lesson after the Deshaun Watson situation but maybe not. Just don't understand why they don't recruit both especially if there's one guy who seems to be somewhat of a longshot and the other kid is dying for an offer. The coaches obviously know more than any of us fans but I just hope this doesn't turn into another situation of egg on coach Richt's face.

It was Mike Bobo that told watson he wasn't good enough. He was playing in 4A and tearing up the competition. He thought the competition was too easy. I see people here say the exact same stuff about recruits in Georgia

Although I agree with you. you're thinking like an adult. Trajan Bandy is an exception, clearly mature for his age.

If you're focused on a Miami offer, waiting on a Miami offer, showing up to camps working for a Miami offer and you see the staff offer two recruits who didn't show up at the camp. You would understandably develop some resentment at that age. "These guys don't think I'm good enough? I'll prove them wrong."

Unfortunately not all are cut from the same cloth as bandy. It would be nice if they were

Advertisement

Although I agree with you. you're thinking like an adult. Trajan Bandy is an exception, clearly mature for his age.

If you're focused on a Miami offer, waiting on a Miami offer, showing up to camps working for a Miami offer and you see the staff offer two recruits who didn't show up at the camp. You would understandably develop some resentment at that age. "These guys don't think I'm good enough? I'll prove them wrong."

I fully understand the "I'll proven them wrong" mentality. That's how winners operate. That doesn't have to be accompanied by resentment though.

Like I said, if you're going to hold UM to the "offer me now, or I hate you" standard, then you should hold programs like Alabaga and Ohio Taint to the same or more stringent standard.

I fully understand the "I'll proven them wrong" mentality. That's how winners operate. That doesn't have to be accompanied by resentment though.

Like I said, if you're going to hold UM to the "offer me now, or I hate you" standard, then you should hold programs like Alabaga and Ohio Taint to the same or more stringent standard.

I guess my counter point is he doesn't care about those offers, so it wouldn't bother him whenever they come. He showed up at paradise for a reason and balled out. If he camped at Ohio state or Bama and didn't receive and offer I'm sure he'd be rattled.

He gave the coaches a chance to get on him first. has people connected to the program backing him and still hasn't got an offer. I can understand resentment from a teenager at that point, although I don't agree with it. **** its making some fans on here angry with the staff while he waits on the offer. (Granted people on here get angry very easily)

It was Mike Bobo that told watson he wasn't good enough. He was playing in 4A and tearing up the competition. He thought the competition was too easy. I see people here say the exact same stuff about recruits in Georgia

Richt should have told him to f-off....Bobo himself played in a lower classification than Watson and started at Georgia.

Like you stated above. The young man is only a junior. No need to fill your heart with hate at this stage.

Give this staff some time. Your phone may ring at some point with them calling on you. Exhaust every avenue on your end. If you never get the offer move on and do your thing.

Advertisement
Back