Taisun Phommachanh in the New 247 ranking

Advertisement
I know dee has been raving about this kid and it looks like 247 took notice. Ranked him as the 87th prospect in the land for '19 class.

The No. 2 quarterback has no such size limitations. The upside is definitely there for Taisun Phommachanh to be the top quarterback in this class but we’ve not seen the Connecticut native up close much and given his competition level, his performances in camps this spring and summer will be telling. Already he’s become a high priority for the likes of Michigan, TCU, Maryland and Indiana.

https://247sports.com/college/miami...he-updated-Top247-rankings-for-2019-114512218

Alabama, fsu, clemson & osu been to see him twice this month. Been tried to tell you that 3 star crap is nonsense. Its just for fans. Here or anywhere else tai is a monster. this crap game we keep playing with him over a kid who doesn't really wanna be here is absurd. Tai would jump at our offer. Now he's growing resentment and everyone is after him.

Advertisement
I know dee has been raving about this kid and it looks like 247 took notice. Ranked him as the 87th prospect in the land for '19 class.

The No. 2 quarterback has no such size limitations. The upside is definitely there for Taisun Phommachanh to be the top quarterback in this class but we’ve not seen the Connecticut native up close much and given his competition level, his performances in camps this spring and summer will be telling. Already he’s become a high priority for the likes of Michigan, TCU, Maryland and Indiana.

https://247sports.com/college/miami...he-updated-Top247-rankings-for-2019-114512218

Alabama, fsu, clemson & osu been to see him twice this month. Been tried to tell you that 3 star crap is nonsense. Its just for fans. Here or anywhere else tai is a monster. this crap game we keep playing with him over a kid who doesn't really wanna be here is absurd. Tai would jump at our offer. Now he's growing resentment and everyone is after him.
are we only taking one QB next cycle?

So basically...... another Sitkowski situation?

Can understand the staff going only after "their guy" but nothing has hinted at Johnson Jr. coming here. Johnson Jr. isn't a Luck, Cam, Jameis, Fields, etc. type talent. The staff needs to expand their board.

Is that a good comparison? Sitkowski has measurables but that's about it. What I've seen of Michael Johnson Jr. indicates he plays at a rather high level.

Advertisement
I still hope that my nephew ends up a hurricane fellas, may the best recruit win. I guess whoever commits first.

No disrespect meant to mike brother. Atleast not ever meant by me. But we all know you offer the best prospects and see where things go from there. In tais case he loves miami & had dreamed about playing for us. Its blatantly disrespectful by the staff to slow play him unless you're just not sure about him as a prospect. As a result hes simply growing resentment to us.

I still hope that my nephew ends up a hurricane fellas, may the best recruit win. I guess whoever commits first.

No disrespect meant to mike brother. Atleast not ever meant by me. But we all know you offer the best prospects and see where things go from there. In tais case he loves miami & had dreamed about playing for us. Its blatantly disrespectful by the staff to slow play him unless you're just not sure about him as a prospect. As a result hes simply growing resentment to us.
In your opinion would this be the first time you’ve seen the staff blow a recruitment of someone we clearly need?

Cam Newton, Deshaun Watson.....and now Taisun? hope richt doesn't bring this frightening streak over to Coral Gables.

Advertisement

are we only taking one QB next cycle?

Hasn't been decided. Lil richt works on his own timeline like kool does for the most part.

As an alum, maybe u should say something to Richt yourself, or through Brian.

Advertisement

Is that a good comparison? Sitkowski has measurables but that's about it. What I've seen of Michael Johnson Jr. indicates he plays at a rather high level.

I think the comparison is only on point if you are saying by locking in on mike were disregarding other very serious options that are in play for us. Talent wise no one is saying mike is on ****kowskis level. Mike can definitely be the truth. For me though we should stick with the initial assessment which wad we were offering him as a athelete and giving him the chance to show what he could do as a qb. Tai is just way to good to ignore.

In your opinion would this be the first time you’ve seen the staff blow a recruitment of someone we clearly need?

Don't do that bruh... if you're a actual canes fan than please show the staff the credit they deserve. As i tell richt everytime we talk, he directly saved us from football purgatory. As a direct result of that alone, if nothing else they deserve all of our respect... i really don't understand where the entitlement comes from with this fan base. As if we haven't had the last 3 staffs we've had. Whether i myself or anyone else disagrees with the targets we choose, they still deserve our support.

Advertisement
Back