Taisun Phommachanh in the New 247 ranking

Advertisement
So now that Tai has the ranking, does that mean we finally offer? I remember Dee said they wanted the big offers to come first on some political BS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's one of the dumbest things I've ever read on this board. The staff likes Johnson more for whatever reason and that's just what they're telling Tai to justify not recruiting him hard.

I think we're wasting our time with Johnson. Should've been after Tai the whole time.

For the record, and to quote my new friend Alexleon, they are not wasting their time!!! He is seriously considering Miami.

So now that Tai has the ranking, does that mean we finally offer? I remember Dee said they wanted the big offers to come first on some political BS

That's one of the dumbest things I've ever read on this board. The staff likes Johnson more for whatever reason and that's just what they're telling Tai to justify not recruiting him hard.

I think we're wasting our time with Johnson. Should've been after Tai the whole time.

For the record, and to quote my new friend Alexleon, they are not wasting their time!!! He is seriously considering Miami.

Tai is a much superior prospect imo and to not even have offered him is a joke. Even if they like Johnson better there is just no reason for it

Advertisement

Tai is a much superior prospect imo and to not even have offered him is a joke. Even if they like Johnson better there is just no reason for it

Ok bro, your entitled to your opinion; but does Tais father have nfl coaching experience? Did his father coach, wide receivers, quarterbacks and been an offensive coordinator in the league? Did his father and mother both run track? Has Tai been breaking down film since he was 10 years old? Hmmm, maybe; but my nephew has quite a few advantages over most prospects...

The brooklyndee haters should find another hobby. The dude brings us Grade A information that he doesn't have to bring us and gets attacked for it.

Ok bro, your entitled to your opinion; but does Tais father have nfl coaching experience? Did his father coach, wide receivers, quarterbacks and been an offensive coordinator in the league? Did his father and mother both run track? Has Tai been breaking down film since he was 10 years old? Hmmm, maybe; but my nephew has quite a few advantages over most prospects...

Both are stud prospects from what I can see. Let's take them both!

Advertisement
I still hope that my nephew ends up a hurricane fellas, may the best recruit win. I guess whoever commits first.

Is your nephew purely a qb? I know hes an amazing athlete and looks like tyrod taylor but dee said something about him being the best wide reciever in the country if he becomes one.

respect that Michael Johnson Jrs uncle is here, but I'd personally rock with Tai over him. But I mean both are great dual threat prospects.

just personally it seems like we're kinda wasting our time on Johnson jr, and we are BSing around not offering the dude that likely wants to be a Hurricane today and has **** load of potential. Why he doesn't have an offer is retarded is basically my point.

They should both have offers, and if Johnson jr committed first, well then, I'd be down for sticking with him.

This kid needed and offer after he showed out at paradise camp. His offer list is about to explode. I love Richt but he seems to be stubborn with his QB assessments.

Keep him high on the U Dee and I'm hoping that offer comes soon enough!

Advertisement
Does anybody know what QB offers we have out for the ‘19 class ? Just wondering who we’re targeting over this guy since we haven’t offered him

I don't think any reasonable poster on here (REASONABLE POSTER) is praising Tai to knock Michael Johnson Jr. They'll prolly both be 5 star talents wherever they choose to go. And we'd be beyond lucky to get either one of them.

I think the frustration is that Tai isn't getting what seemingly should be the respect he deserves for his level of talent in the form of an offer. And as much of a sure thing and (arguably the best QB in the 2019 class) as Michael Johnson Jr looks like (and he does to me), he's not light-years better than Tai to the point that he should have an offer and Tai shouldn't.

They both have the level of talent where they should have an offer from every D1 program in existence today. Including Miami. Especially Miami.

Michael Johnson Jr CERTAINLY deserves the offer he HAS and Tai CERTAINLY deserves the offer he SHOULD HAVE. And the latter is not a good look on our QB coach.

Advertisement

I agree. Johnson's dad is on Oregon's staff. Need to move on.

I don't think any reasonable poster on here (REASONABLE POSTER) is praising Tai to knock Michael Johnson Jr. They'll prolly both be 5 star talents wherever they choose to go. And we'd be beyond lucky to get either one of them.

I think the frustration is that Tai isn't getting what seemingly should be the respect he deserves for his level of talent in the form of an offer. And as much of a sure thing and (arguably the best QB in the 2019 class) as Michael Johnson Jr looks like (and he does to me), he's not light-years better than Tai to the point that he should have an offer and Tai shouldn't.

They both have the level of talent where they should have an offer from every D1 program in existence today. Including Miami. Especially Miami.

Michael Johnson Jr CERTAINLY deserves the offer he HAS and Tai CERTAINLY deserves the offer he SHOULD HAVE. And the latter is not a good look on our QB coach.

100% agree. Has nothing to do with MJJ, Tai is more than deserving of an offer and even for those that believe MJJ is a superior prospect, Tai is talented enough in his own right to deserve an offer regardless, he’s too good to not be in the conversation.

Oregon is going to be tough to beat with his father there, right?

I'm of the opinion that:

1) You go hard after Michael Johnson Jr regardless of his family ties, because he's THAT GOOD.
2) You offer, then go hard after Tai regardless of the lack of prior interest (that's bout to change) from other big programs, because he's THAT GOOD.
If they're THAT GOOD, which both are, you take the chance.

Same as Miami is doing this year with Surtain Jr & Campbell who everybody else thinks is going elsewhere (not me, I think they're comin), or Mallory who was a Michigan legacy.
Same as Miami did the year before with Bradley Jennings Jr who grew up in the house of a father who played for a direct rival.
Same as other schools will do in 2020 with Max Johnson even though you'd think he's a lock to either Miami or FSU with his family ties.

Let Michael Johnson Jr and Tai make the decision for themselves. Don't make it for them by running them off early.

Advertisement
Back