Taisun Phommachanh in the New 247 ranking

Advertisement
Thers only so much that Dee can control.

My recommendation is tell him to to just sit tight, that you know for sure the offer is coming, and to enjoy all the other offers. Say whatever has to be said. If he really wants to be a cane and we offer today, next week, or next month, he’ll be a cane.

Does Dee have access to the kid, or just Rickjr/staff?

thats all there is to it.

Brock, If you don't see a problem with our QB recruiting from last cycle and how its starting this cycle, I don't know what to tell you. Im generally pretty positive about our recruiting, but our qb recruiting last cycle was bad.

We took a commitment from Sitkowski who I'll admit physically looks good, But EVERYTHING from his junior season screamed that he was a QB that you need to see how he performed his senior year before anything. That is just a fact, and EVERYONE on here was saying that. he was a mentally weak qb who absolutely sucked at everything required of a Qb. That was straight up a bad eval. They, as in Jon Richt, got absolutely lucky as **** that Jarren Williams basically fell in our lap because he was committed to Kentucky which is a **** football school. Otherwise we would definitely have been screwed. Like I see our qb recruiting last cycle and can admit 1 - "Their Guy" was a complete and utter bust. 2 - It took WAY too ******* long for them to cut bait with that bum. 3 - we got Jarren out of sheer luck.... Like What would have happened if Bama would have flipped tOSU's QB Emory Jones, and tOSU would have actually went for Jarren? Would JR have been able to get him? My money would be on no.

So yeah they pulled a good qb out of their ***, but 2018 QB recruiting was a huge negative imo. It left me with doubts rather than a positive outlook on their ability. Now at the start of 2019, It really seems like we are Michael Johnson or bust, which if we get him is fine, but if we don't (and the chances are heavily against us) All these dudes we are now offering are commited already or pro style guys we really shouldn't be even going for in the first place considering they dont even fit the offense we are trying to run. And lets not forget, the qb they were targeting before Michael Johnson ended up committing to ******* Rutgers lol - the same school that got Sitkowski is the dude we were targeting early for 2019. Thats a joke.
What do you mean if they would have went for Jarren? Osu did and Auburn did as well they just got beat by Miami. Jarren had offers from all the big time schools in the south east and Ohio state as well. They recognized the problem and got an elite qb in Jarren. It worked out PERFECTLY for us actually....All in God’s timing

What do you mean if they would have went for Jarren? Osu did and Auburn did as well they just got beat by Miami. Jarren had offers from all the big time schools in the south east and Ohio state as well. They recognized the problem and got an elite qb in Jarren. It worked out PERFECTLY for us actually....All in God’s timing
lol brock, leave God out of this.
tOSU did not go for Jarren like they would have if Bama stole their QB commit. I know you don't believe that bs

tOSU did not go for Jarren like they would have if Bama stole their QB commit. I know you don't believe that bs
Yes they did, osu knew Jones was gone before it officially happened in December. That’s why they were going after multiple qbs as early as October

Advertisement
From osu board,

The big news of the day is that Ohio State extended a scholarship to 2018 QB Jarren Williams, who is currently committed to Kentucky.

Williams has been on OSU's radar for a while, with increased interest coming from the Buckeyes in the last month. The thought was that Ohio State wouldn't offer unless they thought they could lose Emory Jones. They offered on Wednesday night....so does that mean Jones is gone?

Osu was after him before we were, and we got him to cancel the auburn visit because he knew were he was going

Probably not because we wouldn’t know how badly he wants a UM offer.

IDK how bad he wants an offer from his dream school.

Seems from the intel on display. Tai has nothing more to prove to the UM staff.

He won't come to anymore of our camps because we didn't offer him as a Junior last summer.

Tai did everything needed and it is just our staff being horrible.

Bama went and seen Tai. Even though Bama will be taking Taulia Tagovailoa.

The talent level Tai plays around/against is putrid at best.

He may get an offer here, but unlike the vast majority of posters. I don't see the need to ring the alarm. If an offer is never extended.

From osu board,

The big news of the day is that Ohio State extended a scholarship to 2018 QB Jarren Williams, who is currently committed to Kentucky.

Williams has been on OSU's radar for a while, with increased interest coming from the Buckeyes in the last month. The thought was that Ohio State wouldn't offer unless they thought they could lose Emory Jones. They offered on Wednesday night....so does that mean Jones is gone?

Osu was after him before we were, and we got him to cancel the auburn visit because he knew were he was going

Brooklyndee has these dudes actually believing the only reason we got Williams was luck. Kind of sad really.

Pickowski is not a good example. Dude was highly touted as a junior. A lot of schools were after him. Thankfully, we dropped him when he didn’t perform as he should against better competition.
Highly touted by who?

Williams and ****showski were both eval'd/offered and the Richts wanted ****showski. Why?

The point is, we were lucky Williams was still open after the Richts realized they were wrong about ****showski.

Advertisement
Brooklyndee has these dudes actually believing the only reason we got Williams was luck. Kind of sad really.

If you deny luck played a role, you are going into the conversation blinded by your own bias.

Williams had committed/decommitted to UK multiple times. Had he been committed to a bigger name school, it would not have been so easy to pluck him that late in the process after our staff completely fell on their face with the evaluation and stubborn recruitment of Sitkowksi. A majority of top QBs commit early and the trend has been top schools grabbing their guy early, then sticking with them.....with little movement at the end. Some guys do bounce around due to coaching changes, better options, etc but it's not as common as other positions.

I'm in the "sad" group thinking we got lucky. IMO, we did.....period.

If you deny luck played a role, you are going into the conversation blinded by your own bias.

Williams had committed/decommitted to UK multiple times. Had he been committed to a bigger name school, it would not have been so easy to pluck him that late in the process after our staff completely fell on their face with the evaluation and stubborn recruitment of Sitkowksi. A majority of top QBs commit early and the trend has been top schools grabbing their guy early, then sticking with them.....with little movement at the end. Some guys do bounce around due to coaching changes, better options, etc but it's not as common as other positions.

You can say that but you have to give Miami’s staff credit for beating out elite programs who were pushing on him before Miami started in late October/early November.

Before Miami started recruiting him late he was already getting recruited by bama and Ohio state and then Auburn after we visited him to watch him play

Highly touted by who?

Williams and ****showski were both eval'd/offered and the Richts wanted ****showski. Why?

The point is, we were lucky Williams was still open after the Richts realized they were wrong about ****showski.
Sitkowski was a top 75 prospect at that time so yeah he was “highly touted”. Defintiely wasn’t the right decision to go after him but everything happens for a reason period. I’m glad everything played out how it did because Jarren Williams is an elite qb and a big time recruiting win

Advertisement

I said luck wasn't the ONLY reason. We still out recruited several teams for his service in the end. Sitkowski was a bad evaluation but it's not like we were the only ones who made that bad evaluation. Kid has physical tools he just couldn't put it together. To believe they weren't working behind the scenes before he decommitted is just dumb though. We didnt' fall on our face and wake up to Jwill. Regardless of what brooklyn is trying to sell to this board.

Until

Brooklyndee knows the whole recruiting strategy , he was eating truffle macaroni 2 tables over bro. He's willing to besmirch our QB coach who's landed back to back top10 QB's over it.
You were the table over stroking your mothers **** and balls. ****** lame you just cant help but mention me can you.

Advertisement
I said luck wasn't the ONLY reason. We still out recruited several teams for his service in the end. Sitkowski was a bad evaluation but it's not like we were the only ones who made that bad evaluation. Kid has physical tools he just couldn't put it together. To believe they weren't working behind the scenes before he decommitted is just dumb though. We didnt' fall on our face and wake up to Jwill. Regardless of what brooklyn is trying to sell to this board.
Hey moron i told yall atleast a month before that we were working several qbs because ***** was leaving to rutgers. Casey Thompson was our main fall back. But hey i understand that doesn't work for your genius strategy so go back to im behind everything. Ill even help you cause if you're stupid enough to believe if jarren was committed to an actual football school we would've been as likely to flip him than you're fooling yourself. And ****kowski was emailed and locked on far before her became a top 75 prospect. That all happened during least years camp circuit. We were on him before he even went to img...

Hey moron i told yall atleast a month before that we were working several qbs because ***** was leaving to rutgers. Casey Thompson was our main fall back. But hey i understand that doesn't work for your genius strategy so go back to im behind everything. Ill even help you cause if you're stupid enough to believe if jarren was committed to an actual football school we would've been as likely to flip him than you're fooling yourself. And ****kowski was emailed and locked on far before her became a top 75 prospect. That all happened during least years camp circuit. We were on him before he even went to img...

You were the table over stroking your mothers **** and balls. ****** lame you just cant help but mention me can you.

Calm down unk i don't want you to blow the seams on your new southpole fit. I know you're super disappointed that the 2018 class didn't follow through with the mutiny you said was going to happen if we kept Sitkowski. The mods did you a favor by deleting the thread. Fortunately there's still a half dozen threads of all your failed proclamations so people know that you're a fake insider.

You view it as lucky, I sorta lean towards good recruiting by staff.

Sometimes it's a little bit of both. I've only been following this stuff for about 20 years buts it's pretty unusual for a QB that highly rated to be available that late in the process.

Advertisement
Back