Taisun Phommachanh in the New 247 ranking

Tyson Campbell lives in South Florida, not on Literally the opposite side of the country from us.
I understand both points. at the risk of the shriners on here rallying the clown cars against me ill say again. The crime definitely is not in that we are recruiting mike. He is am elite football player probably at several positions and he deserves am offer as well as all the attention being gave to him. The problem and where most discrepancies become valid is we are neglecting virtually every other kid in the country (including and especially tai) as a result of recruiting mike who happens to be from across the country so doesnt have the local pull or pressure & most importantly his father is on a staff of a school across the country that hes also being recruited by. Those are big factors and should only help convince the staff that we need to expand our offer list. Everyone has valid points on this topic so stop arguing amongst yourselves so often. No need for that.

Advertisement
I understand both points. at the risk of the shriners on here rallying the clown cars against me ill say again. The crime definitely is not in that we are recruiting mike. He is am elite football player probably at several positions and he deserves am offer as well as all the attention being gave to him. The problem and where most discrepancies become valid is we are neglecting virtually every other kid in the country (including and especially tai) as a result of recruiting mike who happens to be from across the country so doesnt have the local pull or pressure & most importantly his father is on a staff of a school across the country that hes also being recruited by. Those are big factors and should only help convince the staff that we need to expand our offer list. Everyone has valid points on this topic so stop arguing amongst yourselves so often. No need for that.

this post makes too much sense to be on this board

Does it matter where the player lives if he is on the top of your board at a position? especially a QB, which is almost never in south florida
I'm not saying not to recruit him did. I. Fact the entire time I've been saying we should recruit him. I've just been saying it makes no sense to ONLY recruit him.

And my comment was to point out this is nothing similar to Campbell. You brought up a what-if scenario, and it was still incredibly flawed because the simple fact one kid is literally in our backyard and the other is 3k miles away

You making it a personal attack on BrooklynDee wasn't what I was going for.

Take BrooklynDee's opinion away, and you have 2 similar prospects in Johnson and Taisun. I'd be happy with either one.

The issue is, Richt and Lil Richt's QB eval abilities. Based on last cycle with Sitkowski, these dudes have me nervous AF.

Pickowski is not a good example. Dude was highly touted as a junior. A lot of schools were after him. Thankfully, we dropped him when he didn’t perform as he should against better competition.

Advertisement
^^^^^^at first I thought what he wrote was discouraging cause it made it sound like he wasn’t that excited but that is how he has annnounced every offer he has received

Not Tai...
Its honestly become sort of a joke at this point tbh.
Seems like baby richt is just gunna be hard headed about this and not offer.

might as well not even pay attention to his recruitment any more imo. Signs are pretty bad at this point, and I doubt they get better.

Its honestly become sort of a joke at this point tbh.
Seems like baby richt is just gunna be hard headed about this and not offer.

might as well not even pay attention to his recruitment any more imo. Signs are pretty bad at this point, and I doubt they get better.
Baby richt has gotten 4star top 200 playerN’Kosi Perry
And a top 100 player in Jarren(77 overall) very late in the cycle when other elite programs were already chasing him. Not worried about his recruiting. Regardless I expect one of those 2 to be the qb of the future regardless who we bring in the 2019 class. They will probably offer him soon as we have offered 2 qbs in the last 2 weeks

Advertisement
Baby richt has gotten 4star top 200 playerN’Kosi Perry
And a top 100 player in Jarren(77 overall) very late in the cycle when other elite programs were already chasing him. Not worried about his recruiting. Regardless I expect one of those 2 to be the qb of the future regardless who we bring in the 2019 class. They will probably offer him soon as we have offered 2 qbs in the last 2 weeks

Brock, If you don't see a problem with our QB recruiting from last cycle and how its starting this cycle, I don't know what to tell you. Im generally pretty positive about our recruiting, but our qb recruiting last cycle was bad.

We took a commitment from Sitkowski who I'll admit physically looks good, But EVERYTHING from his junior season screamed that he was a QB that you need to see how he performed his senior year before anything. That is just a fact, and EVERYONE on here was saying that. he was a mentally weak qb who absolutely sucked at everything required of a Qb. That was straight up a bad eval. They, as in Jon Richt, got absolutely lucky as **** that Jarren Williams basically fell in our lap because he was committed to Kentucky which is a **** football school. Otherwise we would definitely have been screwed. Like I see our qb recruiting last cycle and can admit 1 - "Their Guy" was a complete and utter bust. 2 - It took WAY too ******* long for them to cut bait with that bum. 3 - we got Jarren out of sheer luck.... Like What would have happened if Bama would have flipped tOSU's QB Emory Jones, and tOSU would have actually went for Jarren? Would JR have been able to get him? My money would be on no.

So yeah they pulled a good qb out of their ***, but 2018 QB recruiting was a huge negative imo. It left me with doubts rather than a positive outlook on their ability. Now at the start of 2019, It really seems like we are Michael Johnson or bust, which if we get him is fine, but if we don't (and the chances are heavily against us) All these dudes we are now offering are commited already or pro style guys we really shouldn't be even going for in the first place considering they dont even fit the offense we are trying to run. And lets not forget, the qb they were targeting before Michael Johnson ended up committing to ******* Rutgers lol - the same school that got Sitkowski is the dude we were targeting early for 2019. Thats a joke.

If we are not offering there must be a reason, I guess. All the board thinks that we’re missing on Peyton Manning here?

Advertisement
Everyone stop and think for just a minute.

The coaches probably know and have a feel for what they're doing here. They have a plan, know where they stand, and all we have is guesses........uneducated ones at that.

Sometimes offers aren't given because there is no real interest by not only the coaches, but also when our overtures aren't really received well when we want someone. Again, lots of things go on behind closed doors, but by all means pretend to know what you don't know while calling those inside the doors idiots. Carry on.

If we are not offering there must be a reason, I guess. All the board thinks that we’re missing on Peyton Manning here?
Its honestly mostly that we're going all in on Michael Johnson who is from Oregon and whose father is a coach at Oregon (meaning chances are super slim) and kinda not looking anywhere else (but Pro style qbs who don't even fit our system who are also already committed elsewhere).
This is exactly what almost screwed the **** out of us last class at qb, and did ***** us up at DB and along the DL.

Its honestly mostly that we're going all in on Michael Johnson who is from Oregon and whose father is a coach at Oregon (meaning chances are super slim) and kinda not looking anywhere else (but Pro style qbs who don't even fit our system who are also already committed elsewhere).
This is exactly what almost screwed the **** out of us last class at qb, and did ***** us up at DB and along the DL.

I’m sure that they will offer him(or not) when they have evaluated all that things that you said. I don’t bash our coaches for a kid that is pushed this hard only by this board, tbh. We’ll see.

Advertisement
I’m sure that they will offer him(or not) when they have evaluated all that things that you said. I don’t bash our coaches for a kid that is pushed this hard only by this board, tbh. We’ll see.
if you literally read what I wrote you'd see its about us going all in on a kid that we have an incredibly small chance with who is from the complete opposite side of the country, and not going for anyone else. Thats the **** point dude. they get so focused on like 1 or 2 dudes that we get screwed when we don't get that guy. Thats exactly what happene with TC and us not going for Asante Samuel jr this yr.

if you literally read what I wrote you'd see its about us going all in on a kid that we have an incredibly small chance with who is from the complete opposite side of the country, and not going for anyone else. Thats the **** point dude. they get so focused on like 1 or 2 dudes that we get screwed when we don't get that guy. Thats exactly what happene with TC and us not going for Asante Samuel jr this yr.

Ok, got it. But the one who ****ed us on Samuel Jr is Josh Joke not TC, IMHO.

The staff lost the benefit of the doubt with QB recruiting with the Sitkowski commitment and keeping him as a commitment until it was almost too late. He was never productive as a QB in HS and ended up backing someone else up during his senior year.

We were lucky to find a high quality QB at such a late stage in the game. And we just happened to play our best game of the season during his visit.

The coaches probably know and have a feel for what they're doing here. They have a plan, know where they stand, and all we have is guesses........uneducated ones at that.

Sometimes offers aren't given because there is no real interest by not only the coaches, but also when our overtures aren't really received well when we want someone. Again, lots of things go on behind closed doors, but by all means pretend to know what you don't know while calling those inside the doors idiots. Carry on.

Until

Brooklyndee knows the whole recruiting strategy , he was eating truffle macaroni 2 tables over bro. He's willing to besmirch our QB coach who's landed back to back top10 QB's over it.

Advertisement
Back