Tad Foote was the best president UM ever had

Tad Foote literally tried to get rid of football at Miami. And then drop us down. Take a moment, and say those words again over and over until you process them.

We won IN SPITE of Tad Foote, not because of him. He just happened to be President at the right time, the same way Donna Shalala, who raised more money for football and athletic capital improvements than all other UM Presidents combined, came along at the wrong time right as the CFB arms race started.

Maybe try some online courses, homie. You're the only troll here.
You are absolutely correct. He hated Jimmy J. who was extremely popular. At the National Championship banquet, he gave a speech and never mentioned football - that he how much he cared . Some people in the back of the room started hissing and booing He is not even close on being the best president IMHO.

Advertisement
Foote was the best president by far in terms of academic gains under his watch.

I actually think Frenk (although I have large doubts about how long he is for the job) could* be the best president in direct relation to sports. He doesn't know enough or care enough to meddle and won't proactively impede funding. That's all I really want. The problem is when you have a eunuch like Flake as AD that physically lacks the stones and motivation to take advantage of that setup.
Strong use of eunuch.

I actually think Frenk (although I have large doubts about how long he is for the job) could* be the best president in direct relation to sports. He doesn't know enough or care enough to meddle and won't proactively impede funding. That's all I really want. The problem is when you have a eunuch like Flake as AD that physically lacks the stones and motivation to take advantage of that setup.

I agree in the sense that I don’t think the president should be getting involved in sports at all, other than in a big picture way by just looking at overall performance.

I do think he should be more demanding of Blake. There are obvious deficiencies that have happened under Blake‘s watch, in more than just football, and maybe that’s a big picture thing that a president should hold him accountable for. Him and the board of trustees.

I agree in the sense that I don’t think the president should be getting involved in sports at all, other than in a big picture way by just looking at overall performance.

I do think he should be more demanding of Blake. There are obvious deficiencies that have happened under Blake‘s watch, in more than just football, and maybe that’s a big picture thing that a president should hold him accountable for. Him and the board of trustees.
Our BOTs have some real Azzwipes on it....and has for manyyyy yrs....

It's very popular to bash Shalala and a lot of it is warranted, but I will give her credit. She stood up to the NCAA and Mark Emmert and then did the improbable by making UM a sympathy figure in the NS scandal, and started to turn the tables back on the NCAA. As we all know the public was out for blood and wanted a public hanging on the program.
This was her best statement

“Most of the sensationalized media accounts of Shapiro’s claims are found nowhere in the Notice of Allegations. Despite their efforts over 2 ½ years, the NCAA enforcement staff could not find evidence of prostitution, expensive cars for players, expensive dinners paid for by boosters, player bounty payments, rampant alcohol and drug use or the alleged hundreds of thousands of dollars in cash and gifts given to student athletes, as reported in the media. The fabricated story played well — the facts did not.”

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/college/acc/university-of-miami/article1956600.html

Ok, I'm ready for it. Flame away

Advertisement
Hmmm

We had a Professor at UM who really "stunk up the joint" teaching and otherwise BUT they remained there with tenure for ALL of our Championship years....does that mean that ALL of the other faculty members and the parade of students that continuously filed complaints against him for incompetence were wrong? Did all of the complainants really just fail to see his greatness?

Sorry, but just being around when great things occur does not make you the greatest

Last edited:
Hmmm

We had a Professor at UM who really "stunk up the joint" teaching and otherwise BUT they remained there with tenure for ALL of our Championship years....does that mean that ALL of the other faculty members and the parade of students that continuously filed complaints against him for incompetence were wrong? Did all of the complainants really just fail to see his greatness?

Sorry, but just being around when great things occur does not make you the greatest
Which one? I had a lit prof named Ser around 1993 that was only there one term. When evaluation time came around, people were writing novels about how bad a teacher he was.

Our BOTs have some real Azzwipes on it....and has for manyyyy yrs....
I blame the BOT primarily. They were responsible for bringing in Howdy Doody (Shawn EichWorst). That dude gave us Golden and he eventually destroyed Nebraska. Hocutt couldn't get out of Miami quick enough. He has done well at Texas Tech. I've got to believe James is a dead man walking. Name a sport right now where Miami is achieving let alone overachieving? Cannot remember Hecht being this dysfunctional right now.

I blame the BOT primarily. They were responsible for bringing in Howdy Doody (Shawn EichWorst). That dude gave us Golden and he eventually destroyed Nebraska. Hocutt couldn't get out of Miami quick enough. He has done well at Texas Tech. I've got to believe James is a dead man walking. Name a sport right now where Miami is achieving let alone overachieving? Cannot remember Hecht being this dysfunctional right now.

You know why you can't remember??

Because Hecht HAS NEVER been this dysfunctional before.

Some of us can now say we've been Canes during the greatest and absolute worse years of Miami's sports history.

I'll never forget our greatest years, we thought it would NEVER END.....but for Chrissake I really could have done without these ONGOING worst ones. Gawd please make it stop.

Last edited:
Advertisement
For all of the **** people talk about Tad Foote he was the best president UM ever had. We won 4 football NCs while he was the president and the 5th NC was won with players who were recruited while he was the president. We also were good in baseball and won championships when he was President. The minute the tranny troll took over the athletic department fell apart and the current guy has been as bad as the tranny troll.
5107327C-93BB-4CA6-A44D-4ABC82E5B6D7.gif

You know why you can't remember??

Because Hecht HAS NEVER been this dysfunctional before.

Some of us can now say we've been Canes during the greatest and absolute worse years of Miami's sports history.

I'll never forget our greatest years, we thought it would NEVER END.....but for Christsake I really could have done without these ONGOING worst ones. Gawd please make it stop.
Even the non-rev sports, such as men's tennis, women's soccer, women's basketball with 3 seniors, no bueno. Hey, Chris Lykes is the portal today so basketball has it going. UFB.

Blake James is a huge part of the problem, but who trusts the BOT to replace him with an effective leader?

Advertisement
CIS should make the decision for UM. Sure they would do it for free too lol
Could we do a lot worse? You see this all the time in management. Weak leadership doesn't want to put anyone in a position of authority who will challenge them.

For all of the **** people talk about Tad Foote he was the best president UM ever had. We won 4 football NCs while he was the president and the 5th NC was won with players who were recruited while he was the president. We also were good in baseball and won championships when he was President. The minute the tranny troll took over the athletic department fell apart and the current guy has been as bad as the tranny troll.

The quoted post is an example WHY most alumni view a large swath of our fanbase with indifference at best and utter disdain at worst. The University of Miami is more than what happens on 12-14 fall Saturdays. This is an INSTITUTION OF HIGHER LEARNING, not a football vocational school.

It's amazing how little our fanbase understands about the University. Then again, I'm not shocked. The typical Miami fan most likely hasn't ever met an actual alum, much less spent any time around one. That's a function of there not being that many of us and the fact that most get the **** out of South Florida after we complete our studies.

The fact that people believe that the University President has ANYTHING to do with the overall direction of the athletic department is hilarious. Tad Foote cared about raising the academic profile of the University, something he accomplished. Jimmy Johnson, a great football coach used Tad as a foil because Tad was doing his job, and the goals of a strong University President, will usually clash with a win at all costs football coach. Say what you want, but no competent University President would have been cool with some of the crap that was going on around the program during Jimmy's tenure. It got even worse with Erickson(Mostly because Erickson was out of control himself), leading to a PR nightmare.

Advertisement
The quoted post is an example WHY most alumni view a large swath of our fanbase with indifference at best and utter disdain at worst. The University of Miami is more than what happens on 12-14 fall Saturdays. This is an INSTITUTION OF HIGHER LEARNING, not a football vocational school.

It's amazing how little our fanbase understands about the University. Then again, I'm not shocked. The typical Miami fan most likely hasn't ever met an actual alum, much less spent any time around one. That's a function of there not being that many of us and the fact that most get the **** out of South Florida after we complete our studies.

The fact that people believe that the University President has ANYTHING to do with the overall direction of the athletic department is hilarious. Tad Foote cared about raising the academic profile of the University, something he accomplished. Jimmy Johnson, a great football coach used Tad as a foil because Tad was doing his job, and the goals of a strong University President, will usually clash with a win at all costs football coach. Say what you want, but no competent University President would have been cool with some of the crap that was going on around the program during Jimmy's tenure. It got even worse with Erickson(Mostly because Erickson was out of control himself), leading to a PR nightmare.
For real. When I tell people I went to Miami, more than half think it's a big state school with 30k enrollment.

Didn't Kosar try to hit Tad Foote with a football once? Tells you all you need to know about Foote and his relationship with the football team.

Tad Foote literally tried to get rid of football at Miami. And then drop us down. Take a moment, and say those words again over and over until you process them.

We won IN SPITE of Tad Foote, not because of him. He just happened to be President at the right time, the same way Donna Shalala, who raised more money for football and athletic capital improvements than all other UM Presidents combined, came along at the wrong time right as the CFB arms race started.

Maybe try some online courses, homie. You're the only troll here.

Nope. Wrong.

That's a big "no" on Frenk. I understand your points on the "hands-off" approach. But we also lose the advantages of vision and leadership.

"Hands off" doesn't work when Gilligan is running the Athletic Department. We need a new President who can give the administrative side of the Athletic Department the ***** it so richly needs and deserves.

A good President can be "hands off" when we have a good AD. But ADs don't always stay forever, so you need some vision at the President level to bring in replacements who keep the program going in the right direction.

Advertisement
Back