Tad Foote was the best president UM ever had

Yes. This.

Tad Foote was a clown. San Jankovich was the wizard.

Foote would've shut down football if he could've. Dude tried to put the clamps on Jimmy for years and wanted to corral the team.

Foote was a butt-plug. End of story.
If Tad Foote had been president in 2006 or 2011, he probably would have done what national media figures had called for and cancelled the Miami program. The spin, the public facing message would be “we have put it on pause while we investigate and ensure that such goings on can never take place at our institution.”

I will give Shalala credit for not giving in. She would have been lionized in national media for killing the program, but resisted .

Advertisement
If Tad Foote had been president in 2006 or 2011, he probably would have done what national media figures had called for and cancelled the Miami program. The spin, the public facing message would be “we have put it on pause while we investigate and ensure that such goings on can never take place at our institution.”

I will give Shalala credit for not giving in. She would have been lionized in national media for killing the program, but resisted .
Foote was president when SI wrote their bull**** article and put it on the cover. He didn't take any action.

702855---cover-thumbnail-image.jpg

Must have been merged with someone on my blocked list bc I can't see it. Happened with the Phins/9ers trade thread yesterday too, just a coincidence.
Same OP for both, some almost certainly.

Advertisement
He was before all the SJW culture crap hit us..... he didn't have the power to control alphas like Sam or JJ

Foote did thing to keep,Howard piissing him off by spending money Canes got from Orange Bowl game on campus instead of football program

Advertisement
Sam Jankovich won in spite of Tad Foote.

Just because Shalalalalalalala sucks doesn't absolve Tad Foote from anything. Tell that to Jimmy Johnson. He would bodyslam you.
Your first sentence is the first and last thought on this topic.

Foote was president when SI wrote their bull**** article and put it on the cover. He didn't take any action.

View attachment 145005
Fair point. But that was 1994, before mass media’s explosion. Not comparable to 2006 with the FIU fight which had multiple people calling for Miami to cancel its season, or 2011 where the Canes were slammed all over the place.

Fair point. But that was 1994, before mass media’s explosion. Not comparable to 2006 with the FIU fight which had multiple people calling for Miami to cancel its season, or 2011 where the Canes were slammed all over the place.
But Foote really only cared about the school. He might have been disappointed by the bad boy image, but as long as it translated to better applicants, what he said and what he dud were two different things.

Advertisement
For all of the **** people talk about Tad Foote he was the best president UM ever had. We won 4 football NCs while he was the president and the 5th NC was won with players who were recruited while he was the president. We also were good in baseball and won championships when he was President. The minute the tranny troll took over the athletic department fell apart and the current guy has been as bad as the tranny troll.
***** that guy. Sam made it happen despite that guy.

More like, we won in spite of Tad Foote. That's the real story.

I should add that what he did was what he thought was the best interest of the University of Miami as a whole. That was his job and he didn't see until late how both things could work together to benefit the university. I'm not mad at the man and there's no hard feelings here, but one can't look at his actions and say they were in the football programs best interest. That would be rewriting history.

Advertisement
For all of the **** people talk about Tad Foote he was the best president UM ever had. We won 4 football NCs while he was the president and the 5th NC was won with players who were recruited while he was the president. We also were good in baseball and won championships when he was President. The minute the tranny troll took over the athletic department fell apart and the current guy has been as bad as the tranny troll.
He ******* sucked. Miami won despite him.
he called the feds in on his own students for drinking

**** your take

The entire premise of this is idiotic.

Full of misconceptions about the role of a university president and factual errors about the actual history of The University of Miami and Miami football.

Most of you guys should stick to critiquing the athletic department, the AD, the coaches, the team, and our performance. As far as to the University as a whole, let me just put it this way: you are fūcking clueless.

tad foote reminds me of the old white guys at a golf place I worked at longggg ago that you would see on the course and in the restaurant. Entitled, elitist ( without being elite ), looking for something to look down at you. You remember that scene from horrible bosses? 1:47 to 1:53..

that's tad foote

and I say this as a white guy driving a mercedes e350, sorry if you're one of those types and I offended you... wait no i'm not sorry

Advertisement
Back