Synopsis of Jobe-Frierson visit from today

View as article
Advertisement
Lotta yall are talkin as if you were 18 and went through the experience of being offered $200k to visit/post on social media/decommit from a school, etc.

If I was a top rated Miami commit, and another school offered me $50k to decommit and start posting **** on social media about their school, all I'd say is show me the ****ing money. And thats for $50k. If I was offered $100k+ I would commit to them and do whatever the **** else they asked me to do. ...come signing day, Id still sign with Miami, but I would do whatever I could to get as much money from other schools in the process as I could.

Yall acting like thats pocket money though, and surprised when these guys be playing the recruiting game. Thats straight cash off the books for an 18 year old. Most of these kids' parents would have to work 3 yrs to get that kind of money that they could get by posting stuff to social media and taking visits to the school (which they are guaranteed to have fun during).

I just hope that come NSD they haven't completely pimped themselves out and will sign with us. We're not going to compete with SEC schools to buy recruits. Never gunna happen.

A $100,000?

If one spends four years there, that's only $25K a year - you can't get a decent grounds keeper for $25K a year? Three years? Just over $33K a year.

You think anyone's going to get offered $100K? Nope - more like $40K to $60K retail value for something like a car - now you're at $10K a year, or $15K a year, and that's for a top player.

You think you're the only one they bought? Nope. And you think they're not going to buy more the next year? Because they sure are.

And you may ride the pine since they buy multiples like you every year - and one of the other guy they bought may be a bit better than you. And by buying players, they cans stack each position three deep with top players. Top players.

But a team that doesn't buy players - they invest in the players themselves. Development. Skills. They want them to be as good as they can - because they want them, not because they can buy them. And dozens others like them.

It's short-sighted **** like this mindset that literally screws over many very talented players - when they're put in a sack with other very talented players - and they may never get a chance to get on the field.

Look at the NFL - and where some of the little schools they played at. Amazing.

Lotta yall are talkin as if you were 18 and went through the experience of being offered $200k to visit/post on social media/decommit from a school, etc.

If I was a top rated Miami commit, and another school offered me $50k to decommit and start posting **** on social media about their school, all I'd say is show me the ****ing money. And thats for $50k. If I was offered $100k+ I would commit to them and do whatever the **** else they asked me to do. ...come signing day, Id still sign with Miami, but I would do whatever I could to get as much money from other schools in the process as I could.

Yall acting like thats pocket money though, and surprised when these guys be playing the recruiting game. Thats straight cash off the books for an 18 year old. Most of these kids' parents would have to work 3 yrs to get that kind of money that they could get by posting stuff to social media and taking visits to the school (which they are guaranteed to have fun during).

I just hope that come NSD they haven't completely pimped themselves out and will sign with us. We're not going to compete with SEC schools to buy recruits. Never gunna happen.

A $100,000?

If one spends four years there, that's only $25K a year - you can't get a decent grounds keeper for $25K a year? Three years? Just over $33K a year.

You think anyone's going to get offered $100K? Nope - more like $40K to $60K retail value for something like a car - now you're at $10K a year, or $15K a year, and that's for a top player.

You think you're the only one they bought? Nope. And you think they're not going to buy more the next year? Because they sure are.

And you may ride the pine since they buy multiples like you every year - and one of the other guy they bought may be a bit better than you. And by buying players, they cans stack each position three deep with top players. Top players.

But a team that doesn't buy players - they invest in the players themselves. Development. Skills. They want them to be as good as they can - because they want them, not because they can buy them. And dozens others like them.

It's short-sighted **** like this mindset that literally screws over many very talented players - when they're put in a sack with other very talented players - and they may never get a chance to get on the field.

Look at the NFL - and where some of the little schools they played at. Amazing.

College football is a big business but there are some outliers ...

Ricky Seals-Jones''' Dad Claims His Son Was Offered $600,000 for Commitment | Bleacher Report

Advertisement
If it did why would he tweet that #26 jersey with his name on the back? Those are numbers you don't play around with. I don't believe Brooklyn for a second.

Are you stupid? Clearly reading context isn't a strong point. So I'll leave out everything but the end. I already said I FIND IT MOST LIKELY THEY end up canes regardless of what's going on now. I apologize for the stupid comment but be your own person & If you don't read what I say don't follow along cause 8 out of 10 it's people take a piece of something and twist it over & over till there's very lil substance.

Casually leaving the end of the sentence unbolded. "Come Signing day, I'd still sign with Miami". It seems thats the point you missed.

I would get as much money from these schools as I could by playing these "recruiting games", aka going on visits, posting on social media, decommitting/commiting, etc. You gotta be smart about what deals your making, but as long as in the end they sign with Miami on NSD I wont hold it against some of these recruits who accept money, when the majority of them could receive more money than their parents make after years of hard work.

This is really simple. It is obvious Jobe, Frierson, and some others we are recruiting are being offered big bags of money. A lot of them aren't in any situation where they can reject that much money. Theres no reason they can't play the game and still choose the school that is best for their future - Miami.

Advertisement
Casually leaving the end of the sentence unbolded. "Come Signing day, I'd still sign with Miami". It seems thats the point you missed.

I would get as much money from these schools as I could by playing these "recruiting games", aka going on visits, posting on social media, decommitting/commiting, etc. You gotta be smart about what deals your making, but as long as in the end they sign with Miami on NSD I wont hold it against some of these recruits who accept money, when the majority of them could receive more money than their parents make after years of hard work.

This is really simple. It is obvious Jobe, Frierson, and some others we are recruiting are being offered big bags of money. A lot of them aren't in any situation where they can reject that much money. Theres no reason they can't play the game and still choose the school that is best for their future - Miami.
Problem is that almost never happens. This money doesn't come without strings attached. It's not the schools' money, it's boosters and they can do a lot of damage to both the player and UM should they end up signing here still.

And it's not just, "here's $50,000, kid." He has to make good to get most of it, which means he gets all or most after he signs.

Last edited:

Problem is that almost never happens. This money doesn't come without strings attached. It's not the schools' money, it's boosters and they can do a lot of damage to both the player and UM should they end up signing here still.

And it's not just, "here's $50,000, kid." He has to make good to get most of it, which means he gets all or most after he signs.

Just out of morbid curiosity, how do you it happens this way?

Just out of morbid curiosity, how do you it happens this way?
You can't even drop $0.01 over $9k in bank without OFAC, IRS and FINRA being notified. These SEC boosters are all bankers and lawyers themselves, they're not dropping off tens of thousands at once to anyone.

[TWEET]886040450964082688[/TWEET]

[TWEET]886082763014762496[/TWEET]

Check out Blades' response to the edit

Last edited:
Advertisement
Retards always go to this lame ****.

No one is upset that our recruits are coveted. UM fans, especially those of us with deep ties to the school, get upset when it looks like local commits are playing bullshyt games and disrespecting our alma mater. I don't expect a rat like you to get that though.

So let me give you an example that might get in your kitchen. Imagine how you'd feel if ITT Tech had the #1 rated future locksmith committed, and he started playing footsies with Kaiser University. How would you and the other ITT Tech alum feel?

God bless you living legend

Above all else, The Legend is a teacher and a friend. A vessel of light. I merely sought to shine some light in the dark recesses of a dimwit's underdeveloped cerebral cortex by giving him an example to which he could relate.

How does that festering carbuncle pay me back for taking the time to try to teach him? He lashes out like a raving lunatic. It's OK though. I'll continue doing the dirty work. God's work.

LMAO!!! I'm driving off the road to laugh.

Can someone call me a wrecker cause I already ran off the road laughing so hard at this...

Tears are running into my coffee...LMFAO @ "festering carbuncle"

[TWEET]886040450964082688[/TWEET]

[TWEET]886082763014762496[/TWEET]

Check out Blades' response to the edit
Can you please translate the meaning for the Gen X and Baby Boom contingent?

I'm not sure what's going on BUT for these one on one meetings to go on and for our own T. Bandy to come in and have an heart to heart with them, indicates to me that their was a situation that needed to be handled!! I'm not sure what is going on BUT I just hope the staff can keep these commits on board.. Everyday we will hear something different and I understand for some ppl it's their job to stur things up, BUT I just hope my Canes can come out on top and sign the #1 class for 2018!!

Advertisement
I'm not sure what's going on BUT for these one on one meetings to go on and for our own T. Bandy to come in and have an heart to heart with them, indicates to me that their was a situation that needed to be handled!! I'm not sure what is going on BUT I just hope the staff can keep these commits on board.. Everyday we will hear something different and I understand for some ppl it's their job to stur things up, BUT I just hope my Canes can come out on top and sign the [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 [/URL] class for 2018!!

It won't be #1 , osu will end up with that. Miami class will be top 3 though

I'm not sure what's going on BUT for these one on one meetings to go on and for our own T. Bandy to come in and have an heart to heart with them, indicates to me that their was a situation that needed to be handled!! I'm not sure what is going on BUT I just hope the staff can keep these commits on board.. Everyday we will hear something different and I understand for some ppl it's their job to stur things up, BUT I just hope my Canes can come out on top and sign the #1 class for 2018!!

lol come on we all know what's going on. Saban being a typical dirty **** on he recruiting trail. Probably offering Jobe a Dodge Charger and 30,000 cash.

I'm not sure what's going on BUT for these one on one meetings to go on and for our own T. Bandy to come in and have an heart to heart with them, indicates to me that their was a situation that needed to be handled!! I'm not sure what is going on BUT I just hope the staff can keep these commits on board.. Everyday we will hear something different and I understand for some ppl it's their job to stur things up, BUT I just hope my Canes can come out on top and sign the [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 [/URL] class for 2018!!

You're faker than a psychic with caller ID.

You're faker than a psychic with caller ID.
How is it fake? It's just being real about the situation
They are in a great position for multiple 5 stars including Jackson carmon OT, Micah parsons de/ole, Anthony cook cb, 5star Jeremy Ruckert te
Top 35 player in kamryn babb, 75 player tyreke smith and more just to name a few....

Advertisement
Back