Swing and miss

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s always good to bet on someone that has been watching football since before he was born.

Advertisement
Ward/Howard the only 2 big difference makers for a team. The rest still got a way to go to get to that level. If/ when the canes take a portal QB it will be to compete with Emory and JB11 for the starter spot. Go get a QB coach asap

Because if we had one this thread doesn’t exist
Exactly! He pivots from plan A directly to plan F (which is to just get someone, anyone) because he didn’t have everything set up for plan B, C, D, etc. Hence, everything will take longer than it should’ve and I’ll be interested to see if this plan F will even be able to enroll for the semester and participate in spring ball.

Do you see this happening with other teams? Plan B, is what the Semenholes had, what Oregon had, etc.

If they haven’t enrolled we should pursue still if it’s a top choice, no???

You summed up Mario and portal recruiting pretty well. It’s not like high school. He literally has the worst sense of time and time management.
It makes no sense. We very quickly had other players lined up and committed, at positions where depth was key.

But we just can't get a QB to commit. Something's off in the handling. I'm not behind closed doors, but the priorities, money, or something has been off.

Ward/Howard the only 2 big difference makers for a team. The rest still got a way to go to get to that level. If/ when the canes take a portal QB it will be to compete with Emory and JB11 for the starter spot. Go get a QB coach asap
If we take a QB who has to "compete" with those two, then it has been a colossal failure.

Advertisement
The soy boys in here complaining about Mario not recruiting a QB....you cucks fail to realize that most of the QB's in the room were previous admin players. Brown was a Manny Diaz recruit kept in the fold by Mario to not lose a freak athlete. TVD was a Manny Diaz recruit. We had bigger issues on the team than QB...aka OL and WR. You *** dumpsters seem to forget how many dropped passes our WR's had during the Manny Diaz era. Yet Mario's admin produced 3 WR's that eclipsed most programs in the country in total yardage. Our RB room was ELITE sharing the ball to multiple RB's. We had a Top 10 defense where under Manny Diaz in the not-so-distant past was the worst defense in P5. Emory Williams managed his reps to beat Clemson and had he not been injured, put us in position to possibly beat FSU - as true ******* Freshman. TVD never beat Clemson and neither did Rozier with our best team in years. You glory hole mouth breathers are hilarious! So, Cam Ward took off to the NFL, the kid bet on himself. He didn't go to another program. We will find a QB, not worried about it. If we don't, we have Emory who is an animal which to me has Dorsey vibes in toughness and command presence. Last I checked, Dorsey wasn't a 1st Round draft pick and he commandeered the best teams in college football history. So, sit the **** down, put your wife's ***** collection away and relax. We are building a monster here. GO CANES!
Hey Mario, doing a new cycle this morning?
Angry Rhino GIF by Gladiators

The fact that Mario and Dawson don’t see eye to eye on the QB selection process tells you everything you need to know. We’re ****ed at QB and will be for the next 2-3 years. So long as Mario is here, we’re ****ed at QB and will be that “tough team” that loses close ones.

If Miami goes and gets a QB they have to get a new offensive coordinator. Dawson serves as both. The reason why Miami doesn't have a special teams coach is because we have two defensive line coaches. That means in order to get a QB coach, Miami would have to either replace Dawson, or replace one of their DL coaches. Mario isn't going to do that. So, just stop with "get a QB coach" nonsense. It's not going to happen.

The fact that Mario and Dawson don’t see eye to eye on the QB selection process tells you everything you need to know. We’re ****ed at QB and will be for the next 2-3 years. So long as Mario is here, we’re ****ed at QB and will be that “tough team” that loses close ones.
Provide evidence that explains Mario and Dawson "don't see eye to eye on the QB selection process".

Advertisement
So now we’re running with the narrative that they weren’t aligned on QB selection? Has this been corroborated anywhere so just another mouthbreather CIS narrative?

I basically agree with you, but here's where it gets...dicey...to explain how the sausage is made...

Ward agreed to an NIL deal. Correct.

Did Howard?

And that's where you have to point out the obvious inconsistencies in the "but both guys had offers and could have picked Miami at any point" stuff.

We had a clear #1 who was empowered to accept our offer at any point. That's where Mario's tunnel vision hurt us. A true "1A and 1A" would have BOTH been allowed to sign NIL deals that were comparable to each other, and would have BOTH been given the green light to pick Miami.

Unless Mario Cristobal's indecisiveness and lengthy decision-making process is SECOND only to Will Howard's, then it's not hard to figure out what is true and what is not true.

Time to make nice with Will Howard and his mom. Portal guys are not as emotional as 17 and 18 year olds are. Miami is still a great situation for Howard, same as it was when he and his mom were on campus and fell in love with Miami.

Make it work, Mario. Pay that man his money and give him him the green light.
I also agree with you. I do not think Howard had the green light like some claim. It just doesn’t make sense why he wouldn’t commit. Also Howard would have been my first call when things started to become weird with Ward. I try to put myself in Howard’s shoes and I wouldn’t want to be someone second choice but money talks and it sounds like USC wasn’t offering anything close to miami so think my brain would overcome my ego and at least consider Miami again.

Advertisement
Yep. I wonder if henigan was recruited by Dawson while at Houston.

@JustAFanHTX what are your thoughts on henigan and possibly jumping to p5 for one more year?
I like henigan in our offense much more than I like will Howard to be honest. I think desperation for stability is the only reason Howard is even a commodity for programs. If he signs for osu he’s truly just gonna be a stopgap he might not even finish the season as QB1

I know fandom and Mario hate gets in the way sometimes but Miamis offense sucked this year because of the QBs on the roster. Neither guy are top 50 QBs in the nation and can not be the starter next year. They both have major accuracy issues and I don’t think either can read a defense. Howard, tagiviloa, or back channeling are the only options. I would like Ken Dorsey as QB coach as well but seems like they want Dawson to remain in that role.

Advertisement
The soy boys in here complaining about Mario not recruiting a QB....you cucks fail to realize that most of the QB's in the room were previous admin players. Brown was a Manny Diaz recruit kept in the fold by Mario to not lose a freak athlete. TVD was a Manny Diaz recruit. We had bigger issues on the team than QB...aka OL and WR. You *** dumpsters seem to forget how many dropped passes our WR's had during the Manny Diaz era. Yet Mario's admin produced 3 WR's that eclipsed most programs in the country in total yardage. Our RB room was ELITE sharing the ball to multiple RB's. We had a Top 10 defense where under Manny Diaz in the not-so-distant past was the worst defense in P5. Emory Williams managed his reps to beat Clemson and had he not been injured, put us in position to possibly beat FSU - as true ******* Freshman. TVD never beat Clemson and neither did Rozier with our best team in years. You glory hole mouth breathers are hilarious! So, Cam Ward took off to the NFL, the kid bet on himself. He didn't go to another program. We will find a QB, not worried about it. If we don't, we have Emory who is an animal which to me has Dorsey vibes in toughness and command presence. Last I checked, Dorsey wasn't a 1st Round draft pick and he commandeered the best teams in college football history. So, sit the **** down, put your wife's ***** collection away and relax. We are building a monster here. GO CANES!
a lot of what you are saying is not wrong however personally I get annoyed watching us put all our eggs in one basket and coming away empty handed. sure shoot your shot but in the end you have to just get better at the position. that just means finding a guy who can run the system better than the ones we have now, if that is possible. if not then roll with what we have.

I know fandom and Mario hate gets in the way sometimes but Miamis offense sucked this year because of the QBs on the roster. Neither guy are top 50 QBs in the nation and can not be the starter next year. They both have major accuracy issues and I don’t think either can read a defense. Howard, tagiviloa, or back channeling are the only options. I would like Ken Dorsey as QB coach as well but seems like they want Dawson to remain in that role.
I actually like Mario. Look at what is available and tell me who is better then what is on the roster. Wards gone Howard not coming here/ DJ went to the trailers. You tell me the UNLV freshmen is it you not serious

It is funny to watch some of the posts on this board (not referring to yours)...

"Tamper, tamper, tamper, if you're not tampering, you're not trying."

"That guy in the Portal just verbally committed to X University and didn't sign anything, so we should give up on him."

Hilarious...

Oh I’m just using words like “tamper” 100% because it’s amusing, I’m not seriously suggesting we break any rules. I’m using the term very broadly and loosely in the CIS spirit to refer to all forms of permitted back channel activity.

But there is a kernel of sincere sentiment there too…I don’t think we should ever break rules, but I acknowledge that the current college football landscape is the wild west, and chaos, in addition to being hilarious, can also present opportunities to those who seize them.

Just because someone tweets a commitment doesn’t mean they can’t be contacted. A player’s NIL contract with an Oregon collective, twitter activity, or media interviews don’t compel me to leave them alone, only their enrollment in the university does….I think.

I don’t really know, I just work here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back