Swing and miss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
step brothers dale GIF

Advertisement
there was never anything to think about if he is a legitimate 2-4 round pick. family definitely needed to warm up to that Idea meaning I don't think they believed it. in the end people believe what they want to believe and they were convinced by advisors and I suppose they think he is going to get drafted high.
Sadly it’s all about money now adays and not so much talking about the family I mean the people advising the family. Sounds like a battle between a NIL lawyer and an NFL “agent”. I would get it in writing if I don’t go before the 5th round because someone cost him a lot of money if that is the case.

It is funny to watch some of the posts on this board (not referring to yours)...

"Tamper, tamper, tamper, if you're not tampering, you're not trying."

"That guy in the Portal just verbally committed to X University and didn't sign anything, so we should give up on him."

Hilarious...
If they haven’t enrolled we should pursue still if it’s a top choice, no???

You summed up Mario and portal recruiting pretty well. It’s not like high school. He literally has the worst sense of time and time management.

I don't blame Mario for identifying and liking Cam Ward.

I blame Mario for the tunnel vision of ONLY pursuing Cam Ward.

This isn't high school recruiting, you don't have as much time to circle back on second choices.
I hear you but the kid signed a NIL deal. He was recruiting for Miami, I’d think it was done too. When it started to linger Miami did reach out to Jefferson and it sounds like others so really not sure what else you can do. People try to compare it to FSU having a backup plan but the difference is he was basically committed to Miami there was almost a zero percent chance he was going to FSU.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Nickel is a top 8-10 QB in next year’s class
Yeah, let’s revisit this a year from now before counting it as a win.

It looks like he’s a great prospect and an even better eval by the staff but let’s not pretend he was recruited by Alabama and Georgia when he committed.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Many wanting to blame Mario on this one, but this is a 2 person process. You make your best pitch, lay out all the opportunities, benefits and positives, but at the end of the day the unknown is how the other party will respond. Sometimes it just doesn't happen.
Anyone who's ever participated in negations at the work place should understand this basic concept.
You also have to have a feeling of what your realistic chances are for a positive outcome. When you are told up front that Ward was an NFL lean and checking college options ... it is more like 75% / 25% and not in your favor. "Hoping" is not a plan and it seems like that is what Mario frequently does. "Hoped" that Dorsey would take the Miami OC job and waited 8-10 weeks, lost Candle in the process, and ended up with Gattis. Here we are again, critical hire, same evaluation process on "candidates". No plan B ready to move on ... and waiting to see who might still enter the portal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back