Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Advertisement
This is what ls funny with the guys(mostly the analytic nerd talking about inches per pump or whatever *** **** he’s into) talking about Caveman ball. Mario wanted the gunslinger. His choice was Ward.
Agreed, Tunnel F**king vision. Not a very good trait as a HC, or as a human. Limit less.

Color me concerned for the first time. While I tend to agree that we may have "dodged a bullet", to be in this spot, this late, with no clear plan B, is a MAJOR fail. IMO, this is part of a failed, multi-year approach to QB talent acquisition, adding to an established narrative that Mario is incapable of developing QBs and building a modern offense.

On Joe Rose, Mario specifically said "we won't let a recruit hold us hostage", yet that's exactly what occurred. What happened to the "QB war room"? What happened to 4-5 guys "above the line", and we'd be happy with any of them? This is a debacle that lands squarely on Mario's doorstep, not unlike hiring Gattis for the flash, or not taking a knee vs GT, or recurring abysmal clock management, or playing your undersized nephew in a bro-ball showdown vs Rutgers. These are not the kind of mistakes made by big time coaches. These are not the mistakes of someone paid $8M/yr.

Let's hope he turns this mess around in a hurry. IMO, we need two QBs from the portal: a 2024 proven QB1, and a talented up-and-comer with 2-3 years of eligibility. Would be nice to get at least one.

Fully agree. Including the need for 2 portal QBs. Hopefully that’s what they’re doing with pursuing Nelson per @Problem2 .

D$ what’s your thoughts on Mario and the team after two years and going into 2024?

Now that ESD and our bowl game is over

We’ve had two full years of Mario now recruiting and on the field

Advertisement
Awful miss awful optics and now we still need a qb
Yes we need a QB, more importantly we need a QB coach, a handler, a Ken Dorsey. Someone to work with the OC, and work with the QB’s past , present and future recruits/portal. Mario is over his head, can I get a witness, or a life line.

So Ward was coming and if Smith picked Miami. But since smith Picked OsU ward said no to Miami. This is really the story?
Not buying this nonsense, but it's easy to troll Miami and self loathing, perpetually angry fans will eat this stuff up. There's no evidence that this was remotely the case, and even if it were, what difference does it make? Cam Ward was willing to put his NFL future in the hands of a HS kid, but wasn't willing to come to the same school that has the same exact WR room MINUS that one guy? Then why isn't Cam heading to Ohio State?

Advertisement
Yes we need a QB, more importantly we need a QB coach, a handler, a Ken Dorsey. Someone to work with the OC, and work with the QB’s past , present and future recruits/portal. Mario is over his head, can I get a witness, or a life line.

Couldn’t agree more.

From the fact that:

1. He inherited Herbert

2. Herbert’s last season was disappointing. His average depth of throw was horrible. The offense had a low explosion rate through the air. And the analytics show they had 5 games with a negative offensive value generated. You don’t do that with a top NFL Draft pick.

3. He hasn’t brought in any QBs worth a ****.

4. His offensive scheme is not QB friendly. You can’t hide that. When you don’t spread teams out. When you’re constantly running into a crowded box to set up third and obvious passing downs, you’re putting QBs in bad spots.
He may have inherited him but Herbert’s last season was his best statistically and led to him being drafted #6 overall. He may have also inherited him but let’s not act like Herbert was some big time prospect. He was barely a 2star kid and fell in the lap of Oregon because he lived a couple blocks from campus.

My fear is more in line with your points #3 and #4. The scheme needs to become more dynamic to attract the very good QBs. That’s why my initial point is why he has this “QB killer” reputation. He’s basically only had 3 power 5 QBs (Herbert, Anthony Brown, and TVD).

D$ what’s your thoughts on Mario and the team after two years and going into 2024?

Now that ESD and our bowl game is over

We’ve had two full years of Mario now recruiting and on the field
A lot is in our favor. It’s his second full class. Lot of guys have now had a year of development. Year 1-year 2 saw improvements in almost every area. The QB situation is the key factor. I think a big deal is having both coordinators for year 2. That matters.

With the schedule next year it should be plenty of wins. Again, the QB will dictate a lot. Even if we roll out Emory or Jacurri, I still think we are a solid team. We beat Clemson with Emory and had 1 score game at FSU. A proven vet can put us in conversations that matter

Last edited:
Advertisement
You talking out your WHOLE ***.
That’s what I was told if there wasn’t a QB in place prior to end of the year.

There’s 1 player this would impact good enough to care about, XR7, and he’s just said he was coming back.

3 is one that can go and I wouldn’t care because of his antics and he’s overrated but he’s the one considering it.

A lot is in our favor. It’s his second full class. Lot of guys have now had a year of development. Year 1-year 2 saw improvements in almost every area. The QB situation is the key factor. I think a big deal is having both coordinators for year 2. That matters.

With the schedule next year it should be plenty of wins. Again, the QB will dictate a lot. Even if we roll out Emory or Jacurri, I still think we are a solid team. We beat Clemson with Emory and had 1 score game at FSU. A proven vet can put us in conversations that matter
Lot of solid and developing pieces. Ultimately holding everyone back if don’t have a QB the coordinator has full confidence in. Can’t be dumbing down offense to protect Emory or Jacurri.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back