Swing and miss

Status
Not open for further replies.
We would’ve taken Howard’s commitment at any time. My thought is Ohio State but who knows how the QB market shakes out now that Ward and DJ are off the board.
You and flo have different takes sources on that. Would be interesting for you two to compare notes

Advertisement
So Moss and Jake Jensen. Jensen who had no ranking coming out of HS. I guess Mario should have wasted a scholarship
Hey *** you’re changing the argument. Factually you were wrong.

No one said forever but for Fall ‘24 multi time transfers will be eligible
Didn't they also add an addendum? If the NCAA wins and a player made the choice to eff around and find out, would be deemed not eligible immediately? So in theory by all means, but reality? I'd have to assume anyone with half a brain would tread lightly. The end result could be really unfavorable.

Oh good lord.

The rule is the rule. No two-time transfers. Those aren't my words, they are the NCAA's.

There is currently a TEMPORARY injunction enjoining enforcement of the rule. At some point, the case will be decided and the injunction either becomes permanent or is dissolved.

I don't care what YOU said about Salter, the discussion IN THIS CONTEXT was about Salter. I wasn't talking about some other random athlete who has already transferred once and has not yet graduated.

Look, you were wrong. It's no big deal. You are the one who is now back-pedaling, because I had to explain to you what the NCAA's words mean when you and other simpletons were trying to tell us that everything is good. Because you read a news article, and thought you understood what it meant.
I'm not back pedaling on anything.

Two-time transfers who enroll during the current academic year will be eligible in 2024.

Was this screenshot below an accurate statement? Because that's what I replied to saying you were wrong.

Screen Shot 2024-01-01 at 4.09.08 PM.png

Advertisement
Flo just said that we had Howards commitment from the first day he visited but Miami told him we wanted to go through the "process" which ticked him off and he had to do what was best for himself.

Miami was confident in Ward bc he signed an NIL paperwork.

Ouch gutpunch. But he did say since Howard is still uncommited nothing is off the table. UM will have to work to get on Howards good graces if they are to land him. Said there is a mystery team also trying t sneak into the Howard negotiations my guess is Auburn.
Howard didn’t get ****ed until Ward went to FSU and Miami told him to wait until after the visit by Ward to FSU.

Howard then pivoted and visited USC same time Ward was at FSU.

This is all on Mario!!!

Advertisement
Now all cfb need to do is get the other transfer qbs to sign elsewhere quickly so that they can shut us out.

Advertisement
This is OT so apologies in advance but it's not worthy of a separate thread, imo.

With CFB and the NFL seemingly having a completely one-sided relationship as CFB provides the pros a free minor league system, why not allow kids to enter the Draft and still maintain eligibility if they don't like where they go or IF they even go?

I know the whole signing with an agent thing but that seems like something that could be worked around with college kids now having "representation" in the era of NIL.

Am I missing something here? Just seems like a level of unearned deference being paid to the NFL by CFB. How could the NFL even retaliate? Saturday games earlier in the year? Who cares? Moar football!

I'll try to look at this in as positive a light as possible. When someone from the program said the DL class would be one our best ever, a lot of us were mocking that claim in November. When the dust settled, we ended up with an A- haul. Wasn't quite the top of Mount Everest but it was still pretty **** good.

We've been hearing it as Ward or bust (btw think we dodged a bullet with Jefferson, we just had a QB who couldn't read a defense and it didn't go so well). If we end up with Howard or Salter, I think it would still be a huge success (and IMO, better fits than Ward)
Regardless of the the letter grade, but isn’t this d-line haul one of our best ever? Two 5 stars and three four stars (one could be another five star in Lightfoot).

Advertisement

Two-time transfers who enroll during the current academic year will be eligible in 2024.

Was this screenshot below an accurate statement? Because that's what I replied to saying you were wrong.

View attachment 276419

Wrong again. You said "covers anyone", and that is not known. It's just not.

Spring sports are a GUARANTEE because either players enrolled in Fall 2023 (basketball) or Spring 2024 (baseball), at the latest.

It MAY OR MAY NOT be true for fall sports, such as football.

Just use reading comprehension, logic, and context. You said "anyone". I said that was wrong, it's not "anyone". It may be true, it may be false.

But you and Tony4Canes had to be premature ejaculators trying to prove that you are smarter (you are not).

If the NCAA wins the case, the status quo will return. And any football player who didn't enroll in January 2024 is in a gray area.

Sorry, that's just the truth. The NCAA's words, not mine. And I'm sorry you jizzed too soon.

View attachment 276419

“Football players entering the transfer portal this fall are eligible to play immediately at their new school next fall even if they are transferring for a second time or more.

That’s according to NCAA guidance sent to member schools in response to an ongoing legal battle over the association’s transfer policy.“

"Yahoo Sports obtained the guidance sent to member schools in question-and-answer form. Bylaw 14.5.5.1, referenced in the Q&A, is the bylaw that requires an athlete transferring for a second time or more to sit a year before being eligible at his or her new school.

Question No. 3: Does the preliminary injunction enjoin the NCAA from enforcing Bylaw 14.5.5.1, as it relates to an undergraduate fall-sport student-athlete who transfers midyear (spring 2024), seeking confirmation of the student-athlete’s participation opportunity for the fall 2024 season?

Answer: It is not certain at this time whether the preliminary injunction will remain in effect during the 2024-25 season; however, as long as the undergraduate student-athlete transfers to another Division I institution during the 2023-24 academic year, the student-athlete will not be subject to Bylaw 14.5.5.1 during the 2024-25 academic year. The student-athlete would still be subject to any academic eligibility standards required for competition that may be developed or modified for the 2024-25 academic year."

---

So that's actual NCAA guidance. Are students still in the 2023-2024 academic year?

Wrong again. You said "covers anyone", and that is not known. It's just not.

Spring sports are a GUARANTEE because either players enrolled in Fall 2023 (basketball) or Spring 2024 (baseball), at the latest.

It MAY OR MAY NOT be true for fall sports, such as football.

Just use reading comprehension, logic, and context. You said "anyone". I said that was wrong, it's not "anyone". It may be true, it may be false.

But you and Tony4Canes had to be premature ejaculators trying to prove that you are smarter (you are not).

If the NCAA wins the case, the status quo will return. And any football player who didn't enroll in January 2024 is in a gray area.

Sorry, that's just the truth. The NCAA's words, not mine. And I'm sorry you jizzed too soon.
Anyone who enrolls in their university during the 2023-24 academic year will be eligible for 2024.

Keep writing essays. At the end of the day it's that simple.

“Football players entering the transfer portal this fall are eligible to play immediately at their new school next fall even if they are transferring for a second time or more.

That’s according to NCAA guidance sent to member schools in response to an ongoing legal battle over the association’s transfer policy.“

"Yahoo Sports obtained the guidance sent to member schools in question-and-answer form. Bylaw 14.5.5.1, referenced in the Q&A, is the bylaw that requires an athlete transferring for a second time or more to sit a year before being eligible at his or her new school.

Question No. 3: Does the preliminary injunction enjoin the NCAA from enforcing Bylaw 14.5.5.1, as it relates to an undergraduate fall-sport student-athlete who transfers midyear (spring 2024), seeking confirmation of the student-athlete’s participation opportunity for the fall 2024 season?

Answer: It is not certain at this time whether the preliminary injunction will remain in effect during the 2024-25 season; however, as long as the undergraduate student-athlete transfers to another Division I institution during the 2023-24 academic year, the student-athlete will not be subject to Bylaw 14.5.5.1 during the 2024-25 academic year. The student-athlete would still be subject to any academic eligibility standards required for competition that may be developed or modified for the 2024-25 academic year."

---

So that's actual NCAA guidance. Are students still in the 2023-2024 academic year?
Yes. The only thing that's unclear to me is when does the 2023-24 academic year end. Do summer 2024 classes count toward that academic year or 2024-25? Idk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back