Swing and miss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Incorrect. It applies to football athletes as well.

This is from the NCAA with the portion verifying your point in bold:

Question No. 3: Does the preliminary injunction enjoin the NCAA from enforcing Bylaw 14.5.5.1,
as it relates to an undergraduate fall sport student-athlete who transfers midyear (spring 2024),
seeking confirmation of the student-athlete’s participation opportunity for the fall 2024 season?

Answer: It is not certain at this time whether the preliminary injunction will remain in effect
during the 2024-25 season; however, as long as the undergraduate student-athlete transfers to
another Division I institution during the 2023-24 academic year, the student-athlete will not be
subject to Bylaw 14.5.5.1 during the 2024-25 academic year
. The student-athlete would still be
subject to any academic eligibility standards required for competition that may be developed or
modified for the 2024-25 academic year.

Advertisement
Howard not committing seems odd unless he was waiting for us. Both OSU and USC did not go for Cam Ward and their main focus is Howard but if that was so Cam Ward committing to us or leaving for the NFL has no effect on Howard and his 2 destinations.

Unless he was never truly that sought out after by OSU and USC and was just waiting for us to up his bag.

Maybe I'm coping but if he doesn't commit to OSU by tonight I think we got a chance

Maybe I'm coping but if he doesn't commit to OSU by tonight I think we got a chance
I also found it weird that he was strongly linked to two schools but hasn’t actually “committed” - hopefully it indicates Miami has still been in touch and he was also waiting for Ward domino. Have to imagine our NIL offer to him has increased after today’s events

Advertisement
Can we ******* do what Louisville did by taking multiple? Beyond stupid to not get 5 QBs in the room.
Lol we can't even get one unless you are talking about just opening it up for tryouts. Im sure we can find one or two decent arms on CIS.

This is from the NCAA with the portion verifying your point in bold:

Question No. 3: Does the preliminary injunction enjoin the NCAA from enforcing Bylaw 14.5.5.1,
as it relates to an undergraduate fall sport student-athlete who transfers midyear (spring 2024),
seeking confirmation of the student-athlete’s participation opportunity for the fall 2024 season?

Answer: It is not certain at this time whether the preliminary injunction will remain in effect
during the 2024-25 season; however, as long as the undergraduate student-athlete transfers to
another Division I institution during the 2023-24 academic year, the student-athlete will not be
subject to Bylaw 14.5.5.1 during the 2024-25 academic year
. The student-athlete would still be
subject to any academic eligibility standards required for competition that may be developed or
modified for the 2024-25 academic year.
And we all know the NCAA is basically winless when it gets to court.

Its hard to tell we just closed on the #3 recruiting class in here.

Friendo, no one is discounting that. The problem is that going into 2024 spring practice, we might have only one QB on the roster and he'll be throwing with his arm in a sling.

Fair or unfair, Cristobal has a rep as a QB killer. Fans are thrilled that Nickel looks like the real deal, but hes not here until 2025, if we have another season that hovers around .500, would not blame Nickel for looking for greener pastures.

The reality is that we are in trouble right now.

Advertisement
It’s too late for all of us

To quote The Trinity Killer from Dexter

IMG_2229.gif

Me neither and I've yet to hear a single plausible rationale to get the waiver. It'd basically be the NCAA foregoing the one realm they have any power remaining in and seemingly still enjoy exercising that power. To give it up for Miami of all schools? Nah.
Don't care to look but if he only handed the ball off to a few times in one of the Alabama games maybe that's their argument

Advertisement
I'm sad ward announced. Not that he didn't pick Miami, just he ended this charade. It was fun coming here and reading the CIS pretzel logic on why ward hadn't committed yet.

Guys hear me out. Mario likes the number 29 so he is having cam wait until then.

Guys hear me out. Mario doesn't want jb to leave so he is telling cam to wait.

Guys hear me out. They want to keep the momentum of signing day so having him hold off till after.

Guys hear me out. What if Mario is messing with fsu and not telling everyone cam has committed to make fsu not get a qb but cam is with us already.

Question for the board. Where does Mario’s “QB killer” reputation come from? Herbert was a projected top draft pick and came back in 2019 only to have his best statistical season under Mario and proceeded to being drafted top 10

What other QBs did he have that he “killed” professionally?

Advertisement
Not even saying that we are in it seeing as the insiders have basically dismissed him as an option.

It just makes me wonder as it ignores a lot of logic. The assumption is that he was waiting for us to miss out on Ward so he can get a bigger bag from OSU? But if he never considered to sign with us after the Ward fiasco how is that even leverage then as OSU would not up their bag and call his bluff. By that logic we are in the conversation if he is using us as leverage to up his bag. Just a weird all around situation

I don't see how this is such a catastrophe as some make it out to be. Yes, we wanted the kid, but it's not like he dumped us for another school. He's decided to go pro, how are you supposed to compete with that?
Exactly, but you have a bunch of soft shouldered fans that follow the team. So anytime things don't go our way, it's defcon 1. Then logic goes out the window, and emotions entered.

Last edited:
The stench of failure and a God awful offensive philosophy will prevent Cristofail from landing a premier QB in the portal.

Ward decided it was better to go with long shot odds to get drafted than to play in Mario’s Stone Age offense and completely end his NFL aspirations in the process.

Lane Train would have landed Ward at Miami.

"Ward decided it was better to go with long shot odds to get drafted than to play in Mario’s Stone Age offense"

To be fair Ward decided on the NFL over college football period. Not just us.
Ward had multiple college football options including CIS's developmental God in the Semenholes and Prison Mike and chose to go to the NFL instead.

It's a miss because Mario should have moved on to other options sooner.

Question for the board. Where does Mario’s “QB killer” reputation come from? Herbert was a projected top draft pick and came back in 2019 only to have his best statistical season under Mario and proceeded to being drafted top 10

What other QBs did he have that he “killed” professionally?
I don’t know about “killed” but for sure he cannot land an elite one (portal or HS) to save his life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back