Swing and miss

Status
Not open for further replies.
But we were his first visit and he's been waiting ever since; what has changed other than Miami has now become available? We weren't the ugly girl before and we aren't now.

Desperation is upping the bag.
The market. He's now the most valuable commodity on the market.

Advertisement
That’s how the tortoise beat the hare. Slow and steady, wins the race, mane. If that’s the way he plays it… then u have to shake your head as u shake his hand, while handing over the bag! Well played young man. Well played!

Exactly. Cristobal needs to watch a Khan Academy "Negotiations 101“ course taught by whoever is advising Howard. I liked him more than Ward anyways, but I'm impressed by how he's managed his upcoming payday.

Advertisement
2006-

Isn't the qb from Cal a Columbus grad? If I had to take a guess, he may appear in the picture.
Just a hunch and, no, he is not championship caliber.
He was a true freshman but he was terrible!!

Edit: Stats - He would actually fit the ****** Mario recruiting of “taking a shot on intangibles of a QB.”

1704138193076.png

Last edited:
Advertisement
At some point, Miami’s boosters have to be getting tired of paying above market price to compensate for Mario’s ineptitude.

At least I would if I was writing checks. No matter how much money one has, no one wants to pay more for something than everyone else.

Neither of us knows if Nelson is any good or if it was his shoulder injury as a true Freshman but I also said Nelson type (ie: 5* backup from USC/Bama/UGA) so if I did buy that bridge in Greenland from you maybe you could use the money to take some READING COMPREHENSION classes.
Lol. Why are you upset, sir? Point is, in a make or break year, you don't bet your future on a kid who doesn't have a college start on his resume and is unproven at this level. That's all.

Advertisement
Hope this is the final nail in the coffin for people saying “we will fix it in the portal”

The portal is not high school recruiting and we have next to nothing to offer elite portal kids at the moment

Yea. The “take 3* projects and then land one of the few (if any) top tier portal guys” have a lot of egg on their face right now.

We got handcuffed by FSU whether we admit it or not. We couldn’t move on because they would have been the fallback option and we didn’t want that. We had to wait it out and burned the Howard bridge in the process

Inadvertently Norvell and co get the last laugh. Luckily it’s not too sweet for them since they got DJU and he’s terrible

I’d love to land on Taulia at this point. Beyond that or some surprise name... the 2024 season is trashed. We needed a guy here before the spring.

Agree. Don’t know how realistic ward to fsu was but I’m sure Mario was nervous of losing ward to fsu.

Not sure 2024 is trashed just yet but taulia ain’t gonna get a waiver.

Mario really backed himself into a corner and made a bad call. He’s risking his tenure at Miami by going all in on a guy and with fear that the guy might go to fsu. Poor decision.

Advertisement
At some point, Miami’s boosters have to be getting tired of paying above market price to compensate for Mario’s ineptitude.

At least I would if I was writing checks. No matter how much money one has, no one wants to pay more for something than everyone else.
Loyalty is blind.

LOL.

Year 3 was never going to be make or break.

He has a 10 year contract, He has the backing of the big money boosters, he has the backing of the Mas Brothers, He has the backing of the former players.

Just because some people have a hissy fit on CIS won’t change anything.

Mario make or break won’t be until year 5 or 6.
tim and eric comedy GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back