Swing and miss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Too stubborn. Too fixated on stuff. And his offenses suck because he can’t get out of his own way.

Watching Liberty now and they would wax us. Their offense is so much dynamic than ours.

All current portal options are not appropriate. He will have to go hunting now. But this is 100% on him due to his fixation on caveman offense schemes. Let me ask all of you a question, if you were a quarterback, looking to transfer, would you transfer to Miami? After reviewing the offensive scheme and playcalling? No, you would not.

The moment he left Oregon their offense went Super Saiyan. The athletic Director needs to step in and force a change. Mario should be kept out of anything to do with the offense except for blocking. That’s it. If this does not happen, Mario will be fired in two years.

Last edited:
Advertisement
He should be asking himself why elite players at one specific position absolutely refuse to play for him. Ward was purportedly offered $3.5M for one year, and that still wasn't enough. If Ward is indeed a 5th round pick, he's making a four year, $750K per year contract if makes a team.
Yea very bad look on mario he needs to look himself in mirror

Advertisement
Like everybody else I’m disappointed Cam chose to the path of the NFL, however I don’t get all this undrafted talk.

So….Cam is going to fail because he chose the NFL but if Cam decided to play for Miami then his NFL chances supposedly improves under the worst offensive HC in the history of UM?

Make it make sense, why you would want someone at their current level that has a late round to undrafted NFL grade starting as a UM QB?
Not predicting it will be the case with him but guys being good college football players but not in the NFL is a story as old as time

Not the same player but it would be like asking why did we want D’Eriq King when we knew he wasn’t gonna be a Qb in the league

Advertisement
This was a bad miss. Mario wanted to sign Ward badly. I thought it would get done. Now there is a lot of pressure on the staff to salvage the situation.

Miami thought there would be an answer on December 13th and felt optimistic from Signing Day to Christmas based on feedback from Ward. As the process dragged on, people grew more concerned with the NFL.

Ward is making a risky (some would say ill-advised) decision due to his low draft grade, but it’s concerning we couldn’t sell him on development. That’s been on a knock on Mario since Oregon.

Pressure from whom?

We have a top 3 recruiting class and continue to turn over the roster. Our team plays hard and the long-term outlook remains unaltered; sign a QB who can complete forward passes and elevate the room.

That said, our other preferred target remains uncommitted.

Advertisement
So there really was never a back up plan to this? Ward seems like more work than it’s worth, but only if you have other plans. WTF is it with Mario? Is he really this arrogant? Like others said he should have moved on the second Ward showed the maturity of a 17 year. This program is so screwed. Worst coach in the history of the program and he isn’t making it even close.

I'm definitely on the right track when these losers disagree with me ...

1704133659237.png

Apfenny been saying that since he was at Washington State.

My history will show I wanted ward for the splash it would make. But thought Howard is a better fit. Doesn't look like we get him either.

Closest to Howard would be a KJ? Unless there's another unnamed qb.

Just get us something. Something to win 9/10
Mario should have checked with our old pal for first-hand insight. Oh well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back