Swing and miss

Status
Not open for further replies.
We would’ve taken Howard’s commitment at any time. My thought is Ohio State but who knows how the QB market shakes out now that Ward and DJ are off the board.

Any idea if the initial offer to Howard was the same as it was for Ward? If it wasn't, maybe Howard is waiting to see how much we up our offer to him.

Advertisement
Think you’re gonna see some “surprise” portal entries in response to this.

Mario could be in trouble next year unless he can sell more BS to the guys on the roster already wavering.

I'm guessing Xavier even though he already re-affirmed.

Advertisement
Did Mario think he could sell him on qb development? I didn't follow him super close at all his stops but I'm not sure who he could point to as developing. Herbert shoulda been better there right?

This was a bad miss. Mario wanted to sign Ward badly. I thought it would get done. Now there is a lot of pressure on the staff to salvage the situation.

Miami thought there would be an answer on December 13th and felt optimistic from Signing Day to Christmas based on feedback from Ward. As the process dragged on, people grew more concerned with the NFL.

Ward is making a risky (some would say ill-advised) decision due to his low draft grade, but it’s concerning we couldn’t sell him on development. That’s been on a knock on Mario since Oregon.
season 2 GIF

Advertisement
Think you’re gonna see some “surprise” portal entries in response to this.

Mario could be in trouble next year unless he can sell more BS to the guys on the roster already wavering.

With all the talent on this roster, the team is dead in the water without a true starter portal QB. Mario better do something fast. I know that's not his "way" but if he doesn't, he'll be wasting another season.

Advertisement
This was a bad miss. Mario wanted to sign Ward badly. I thought it would get done. Now there is a lot of pressure on the staff to salvage the situation.

Miami thought there would be an answer on December 13th and felt optimistic from Signing Day to Christmas based on feedback from Ward. As the process dragged on, people grew more concerned with the NFL.

Ward is making a risky (some would say ill-advised) decision due to his low draft grade, but it’s concerning we couldn’t sell him on development. That’s been on a knock on Mario since Oregon.

This, my friends, is why we love D$.

I also love to make fun of him being Kool Aid man, but I digress…

Happy 2024. Thanks for the forum. Go Canes!

Advertisement
I felt when the kid didn't announce it was over. I still think Miami felt good because of the offer. I felt if that was true and the staff did nothing for a secondary option it's more than embarrassing. It means don't expect much. Like period. My trust now is at zero. Too many tales and not enough facts.

Reactions: WIN
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back