Swing and miss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I’m just glad ESD already happened cause this might have destroyed this class especially at WR if this happened and NSD still came in February
It still can. George, Trader, Restrepo, and all the rest can enter the transfer portal today or when the next window opens. That's the peril of the modern era, and when these windows get legally struck down it will get worse for teams. If a team goes into a downward spiral you could have the upper half of the roster just opt out and enter the portal.

This was a bad miss. Mario wanted to sign Ward badly. I thought it would get done. Now there is a lot of pressure on the staff to salvage the situation.

Miami thought there would be an answer on December 13th and felt optimistic from Signing Day to Christmas based on feedback from Ward. As the process dragged on, people grew more concerned with the NFL.

Ward is making a risky (some would say ill-advised) decision due to his low draft grade, but it’s concerning we couldn’t sell him on development. That’s been a knock on Mario since Oregon.
The beginning of the end for Mario.

**** around and find out. I’ve been saying it since it happened - when Ward decided to go to FSU, should’ve said thank you for visiting and pivoted full focus on Howard.

But, noooooooooo!!! Let’s not take a knee and keep going. In the end it may end up working out for Mario but it was definitely the wrong decision and the wrong process to go about it in the way he did.

Advertisement
Sully.gif

Advertisement
Herbert shoulda been better than the #6 overall pick? After coming in with one FBS offer?
I didn't know he only had 1 offer. Like I said I didn't follow all of Mario super close. And if he developed him why hasn't he had more qbs like that? How was the qb marios last year at oregon

Think you’re gonna see some “surprise” portal entries in response to this.

Mario could be in trouble next year unless he can sell more BS to the guys on the roster already wavering.
Well ain’t you just a bundle of new years joy 😂

Advertisement
Idk if usc is considering will anymore after moss dominated kid looked great
I was hoping Moss would pop in the portal for us to grab once the Howard to USC rumors started. I posted that in another thread a few weeks ago. He's not going anywhere now.

Unless Howard can be flipped from USC (seems to be a given) this is a disaster for Mario.
He should be asking himself why elite players at one specific position absolutely refuse to play for him. Ward was purportedly offered $3.5M for one year, and that still wasn't enough. If Ward is indeed a 5th round pick, he's making a four year, $750K per year contract if makes a team.

Advertisement
I’m guessing all the increased spending and resources don’t mean jack in the grand scheme. Unless we have an absolute game changer at some other position, QBs are the most important position to land.

I hope Mario finds his QB

The beginning of the end for Mario.

**** around and find out. I’ve been saying it since it happened - when Ward decided to go to FSU, should’ve said thank you for visiting and pivoted full focus on Howard.

But, noooooooooo!!! Let’s not take a knee and keep going. In the end it may end up working out for Mario but it was definitely the wrong decision and the wrong process to go about it in the way he did.
The beginning of the end for the football program you mean. Miami can’t afford to fire Mario and even if someone is willing to put those money in, they won’t have enough to move forward with another good hire in the NIL era.

We better pray he figures this out somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back