Sweat, IMO....

Sweat is legit I would rank him behind Byron Cowart though. He should have transferred to another team with better talent and his true ability could have been showcased.

My dude, Cowart is overrated. He's good, but he is overrated. Sweat a better prospect. Watched both of them play.

Advertisement
I never disagreed w his potential or athletic ability. I get he played every down, but, he shouldn't be gassed in the 2nd quarter. I just didn't see a kid take over the game or dominate the game like I thought.

Think he was out manned IMO. Seemed like Sweat and OS RB that's committed to VT was their team, vs. a stacked Booker T team.

I saw Sweat making plays all night but he did seemed gassed,think they overworked him.

Last edited:
I give him credit for the athleticism to play so many positions. But I didnt see him dominate at any of them. I would like to see him at DE or even Will for an entire game.

Advertisement
I never disagreed w his potential or athletic ability. I get he played every down, but, he shouldn't be gassed in the 2nd quarter. I just didn't see a kid take over the game or dominate the game like I thought.

Look at our highly prized recruit, Mark Walton. He had the luxury of getting subbed off at times to catch his breath. That is a regular thing in football. It's true that there are a lot of 2-way players in high school football, but playing 2-ways =/= playing EVERY snap. Do you understand the physical toll it would take to play every snap? Even after 2 quarters that is enough to gas you going against BTW's high-tempo offense.

You are being overly critical and you are way off base.

Was overrated. #1 player in the country? Sorry, not right now. Might have the measurables and might have a ton of potential, but, he dropped passes. On defense, he took plays off. On one play, the play went away from him, he jogged from the snap of the ball and pursued and made the tackle b/c the rb cut back into him and the announcers made a big deal about his pursuit. He jogged the whole freaking way. He didn't take over the game. He was gasping for air in the 1st half and seemed poorly conditioned.

Kid is a great athlete and I'd take him in a sec on potential, but, the number 1 player in the country?
Poorly conditioned, Lazy, Slow to the ball, bad hands and unmotivated to perform? Why would you take him in a second? How do you know he's a great ATH from what you witnessed? What potential are you talking about? He takes plays off? In or out please…. Want or pass….

You guys dont get it when site's like 247 rank players they try to predict how good a player could be 2 to 3 years down the road... josh sweat is the no.1 player in the country i never seen a guy that big move like that in high school yea he have a few things he needs to work on but the kid is not a finished product and thats scary..

Advertisement
Sweat is legit I would rank him behind Byron Cowart though. He should have transferred to another team with better talent and his true ability could have been showcased.

Guess you didnt see cowart play his last game? Nowhere near sweat

Advertisement
Hands down? Not even close to "hands down".
These kids dominate in areas where they are the big fish in a conference or state. If he played in south florida, he wouldn't get that ranking.

There wasn't nothing wrong with Sweat, IMO. Booker T is known for his speed and Sweat and his team have likely never played against a team like Booker T, which spreads you out and just kills you with flat out speed. The man played every single position on the field on every single play. I'd be a bit tired too by the 2nd quarter, ****, most athletes would. He won't be Clowney at the next level, but he'll still be really good.

You have to a first time soccer fan watching to think that Sweat ain't the snitz! If he was on BTW we'd all be riding his tip! There ain't a DL in all Florida better than him! Learn to give cats credit even when we ain't on their list.

Advertisement
Was overrated. #1 player in the country? Sorry, not right now. Might have the measurables and might have a ton of potential, but, he dropped passes. On defense, he took plays off. On one play, the play went away from him, he jogged from the snap of the ball and pursued and made the tackle b/c the rb cut back into him and the announcers made a big deal about his pursuit. He jogged the whole freaking way. He didn't take over the game. He was gasping for air in the 1st half and seemed poorly conditioned.

Kid is a great athlete and I'd take him in a sec on potential, but, the number 1 player in the country?

Are you a college or NFL scout?? You realize he played the entire game on both sides of the ball.....

Cowart is overrated

If he's overrated then would the Noles accept his commitment?

Yes anyone would accept his commitment, He is a good player with tons of tools that can be developed, but not the best player in the nation or even the best DE in tampa

I say he is overrated because I've seen him in person several times and he wasn't the best player or dlineman at the camp or on the field

And Sweat is in a league of his own

Advertisement
Back