Off-Topic Supplements

Advertisement
I’ve been having more and more conversations with people having sleep struggles with their kids as the distractions and technology have gotten worse. So I think some good sleep hygiene will take him a long way if he gets that
He's never had a problem sleeping. His wild Friday night saw him fall asleep in the couch around 9.

He's never had a problem sleeping. His wild Friday night saw him fall asleep in the couch around 9.
Protect that child at all costs

Just had to have a talk with a woman that gives her 13 year old 10mg of melatonin every night so he can sleep

Melatonin is for sure one of the most misunderstood hormones out there but I digress

Melatonin is for sure one of the most misunderstood hormones out there but I digress
1707623230393.gif

Advertisement
Creatine's been on my radar lately. I've been digging into the research, and it's fascinating stuff. The idea that it helps produce ATP, which is like fuel for our brains and muscles, really caught my attention.
But then, stumbling across that info about fructose potentially messing with our ATP levels? That's a bit alarming, to say the least. It's got me rethinking my sugar intake, that's for sure.
In my quest for better health, I've been looking into some natural Sarms from Mexico. Word on the street is they offer similar benefits to traditional supplements but without the hefty price tag.

Last edited:
Creatine's been on my radar lately. I've been digging into the research and it's fascinating stuff. The idea that it helps produce ATP, which is like fuel for our brains and muscles, really caught my attention.
Welcome to CreatineInsight!

Advertisement
@JHallCanes

I take a Costco multi, b12, d3, and Qunol Tumeric. I juice my own ginger root.

What's your opinion?
I would have to actually see the labels for these to determine what we are working with

Reason I say that is the forms of vitamins matter very much. For example in my product I use B12, but I use the methylated version because it’s what the body prefers

So sometimes with vitamins the cheaper forms can sometimes be poorly absorbed and ultimately is just peed out

D3 tbh probably everyone should be supplementing but you’ll also need to make sure you get enough Magnesium since it’s involved in D3 synthesis and most people are deficient in Magnesium

Turmeric is cool. I’ll have to see that label as well since turmeric is notoriously difficult for the body to absorb and use and often we are better off choosing Curcumin since that’s what most people are after with Turmeric m

Juicing ginger root is a great move. Ginger is amazing for GI health/inflammation etc

I would have to actually see the labels for these to determine what we are working with

Reason I say that is the forms of vitamins matter very much. For example in my product I use B12, but I use the methylated version because it’s what the body prefers

So sometimes with vitamins the cheaper forms can sometimes be poorly absorbed and ultimately is just peed out

D3 tbh probably everyone should be supplementing but you’ll also need to make sure you get enough Magnesium since it’s involved in D3 synthesis and most people are deficient in Magnesium

Turmeric is cool. I’ll have to see that label as well since turmeric is notoriously difficult for the body to absorb and use and often we are better off choosing Curcumin since that’s what most people are after with Turmeric m

Juicing ginger root is a great move. Ginger is amazing for GI health/inflammation etc
Had minor hip back aches and pains. Started taking Tumeric and no more. That is the only thing I added to my diet. Could be something else, but I'll stick to it.

How do you know your deficient in Magnesium?

Thank you for sharing your expertise with everyone!

Advertisement
Had minor hip back aches and pains. Started taking Tumeric and no more. That is the only thing I added to my diet. Could be something else, but I'll stick to it.

How do you know your deficient in Magnesium?

Thank you for sharing your expertise with everyone!
You’d have to take an honest look at your diet to determine magnesium deficiency

In most cases people are deficient in vitamin D and Magnesium though these days. Very common

That and high quality B Vitamin forms are like a great first line of Defense for very little investment

Is intermittent fasting bad now?
Some people asked me about this earlier this week. They claimed like a 91% increase

Just common sense that’s insane

I dunno if it’s just that people are unable to properly hit their macros and nutrient needs when in a caloric restriction?

I think one thing I’ve learned after decades of being in this space is the human body is a **** of a lot more resilient than we give it credit for sometimes

Advertisement
Some people asked me about this earlier this week. They claimed like a 91% increase

Just common sense that’s insane

I dunno if it’s just that people are unable to properly hit their macros and nutrient needs when in a caloric restriction?

I think one thing I’ve learned after decades of being in this space is the human body is a **** of a lot more resilient than we give it credit for sometimes
I just took a quick look at the article, not the study behind it because they didn't link it, but two big variables that aren't accounted for is the quality and quantity eaten. If you've got a morbidly obese person starving themselves for 16 hours, then glomming down a 3000 calorie bacon double cheeseburger and fries, then of course the risk will go up because overeating puts a strain on the system.

I did find this on the AHA website and it links to a PDF of the abstract, but without seeing the actual study figures including confidence intervals, there's no way of determining if this is truly legit. It also has this bit of disclaimer.

The study’s limitations included its reliance on self-reported dietary information, which may be affected by participant’s memory or recall and may not accurately assess typical eating patterns. Factors that may also play a role in health, outside of daily duration of eating and cause of death, were not included in the analysis.

I just took a quick look at the article, not the study behind it because they didn't link it, but two big variables that aren't accounted for is the quality and quantity eaten. If you've got a morbidly obese person starving themselves for 16 hours, then glomming down a 3000 calorie bacon double cheeseburger and fries, then of course the risk will go up because overeating puts a strain on the system.

I did find this on the AHA website and it links to a PDF of the abstract, but without seeing the actual study figures including confidence intervals, there's no way of determining if this is truly legit. It also has this bit of disclaimer.

The study’s limitations included its reliance on self-reported dietary information, which may be affected by participant’s memory or recall and may not accurately assess typical eating patterns. Factors that may also play a role in health, outside of daily duration of eating and cause of death, were not included in the analysis.

Appreciate that my guy. I had a few colleagues talking about it with me this week. I was like wake me up if it’s worth reading 😂

The absurdity of it on paper didn’t make a lot of sense to me to get past that first layer

**** I just go to Costco and get
- Optimum nutritions gold standard 100% whey protein. I really like the extrem milk chocolate flavor. Literally can just put it in water with creatine straight up and think it’s good
-optimum nutritions creatine monohydrate
- nature made fish oil (360epa 240dha)
- Kirkland daily multi

think it’s good bang for buck…

I also have used supergut before and like it..but it’s expensive after a while. Instead I just eat a pear or whatever to get more fiber.

Might look into adding K2/D3

Last edited:
**** I just go to Costco and get
- Optimum nutritions gold standard 100% whey protein. I really like the extrem milk chocolate flavor. Literally can just put it in water with creatine straight up and think it’s good
-optimum nutritions creatine monohydrate
- nature made fish oil (360epa 240dha)
- Kirkland daily multi

think it’s good bang for buck…

I also have used supergut before and like it..but it’s expensive after a while. Instead I just eat a pear or whatever to get more fiber.

Might look into adding K2/D3
Optimum is always a great choice

They were ahead of the game on protein and absolutely blew up. Amazing company

I don’t do a multivitamin because I’ve found for me it’s just a waste of money. I’ve been able to pinpoint more exact needs and pick better forms of what I need

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back