Off-Topic Supplements

Boom

I’ve been heavily focused on prevention here and it’s why I brought up the Citrulline thing earlier

K2 is one of those supps (particularly the MenaQ parent pending one) that I really like for just about anyone

A lot of companies have wisely started combining K2 with D3 since they are a bit synergistic

Which reminds me anyone that takes D3 supps gotta make sure your magnesium is on point as well. D3 won’t do much if you’re deficient

Nattokinase is awesome man. Awesome stuff

Take zma at night. Easiest way to get the magnesium, zinc and B you need. Been looking into K‘2 recently but haven’t tried it.

Been taking COQ10 to help with BP

Advertisement
Take zma at night. Easiest way to get the magnesium, zinc and B you need. Been looking into K‘2 recently but haven’t tried it.

Been taking COQ10 to help with BP
I actually don’t like ZMA at night but you’re not wrong it’s a great option. Me personally it doesn’t jive but that’s supplements for you

Most companies these days combine D3 and K2 since they are synergistic

COQ10 is phenomenal stuff

Creatine is great I'm only 29 but been using it since high school and I can definitely tell a difference when working out. I got on nac during all the covid bull**** but I'm not gonna lie I swear it erases a hangover.

@JHallCanes i meant to ask you this a while back- you know much about iSatori Bio Gro? I hopped on some a few weeks back in addition to my normal supps

Merry Christmas!
Oh for sure

Honestly it’s a genius concept but the big issue is the body likely destroys most of the beneficial peptides before they get to the intended target

I hope it helps you but…most likely it won’t just because peptides in powder form are so fragile the GI tract destroys them

A company called Glaxon uses peptides but they put them in a delayed release capsule which seems to help protect them

Advertisement
Creatine is great I'm only 29 but been using it since high school and I can definitely tell a difference when working out. I got on nac during all the covid bull**** but I'm not gonna lie I swear it erases a hangover.
NAC converts to glutathione in the body which is probably the most powerful antioxidant in the body so it helps with hangovers bigtime yep

And Creatine is the 🐐

Oh for sure

Honestly it’s a genius concept but the big issue is the body likely destroys most of the beneficial peptides before they get to the intended target

I hope it helps you but…most likely it won’t just because peptides in powder form are so fragile the GI tract destroys them

A company called Glaxon uses peptides but they put them in a delayed release capsule which seems to help protect them
Appreciate you brother! I’ll have to check out Glaxon

Appreciate you brother! I’ll have to check out Glaxon
It’s kind of a pricey supplement but it’s called Flight

BioGro hopefully helps you though for cheaper it’s just really tough for those things to get through the digestive tract properly

My man. @AlexCane this is the Fitness Thread 2.0??

I will say holy **** I feel for anyone out there lost trying to find answers about health and fitness on social media

All it is is circular arguments meant to drive clicks

It’s BAD out there

/also take your Creatine. Everyone.
Can I post CrossFit gym booties in here from my box?

Advertisement
Can I post CrossFit gym booties in here from my box?
Respect Reaction GIF

Advertisement
Anyone else here on Flintstones chewables? I’m seeing some pretty significant gains
Bro, you have to make sure not to take them for too long. I was on them for several years and saw good results, then I started growing hair in funny places and my voice started changing.

I've got a 14 yr old who's started hitting. The gym with his friend a few times a week. Any suggestions for a recovery supplement that's age appropriate?

I've got a 14 yr old who's started hitting. The gym with his friend a few times a week. Any suggestions for a recovery supplement that's age appropriate?
Sleep. Carbs. Protein.

In all seriousness, I don’t use anything for recovery but what I use to build muscle. If he’s giving himself everything he needs in that department, recovery shouldn’t be an issue for a teenager. They’re much more likely to negate gains because they’re new and not taking “the big boring things” seriously enough.

That said, I submit all of my feedback to the Memnon of Health and Fitness, @JHallCanes

Advertisement
Sleep. Carbs. Protein.

In all seriousness, I don’t use anything for recovery but what I use to build muscle. If he’s giving himself everything he needs in that department, recovery shouldn’t be an issue for a teenager. They’re much more likely to negate gains because they’re new and not taking “the big boring things” seriously enough.

That said, I submit all of my feedback to the Memnon of Health and Fitness, @JHallCanes
I try to make sure he gets protein shortly after working out. I noticed that always made a difference between being sore and being functional.

Oh man I get this one a couple times a week

First thing I usually tell people is flip the concept of “recovery” a bit. Since he is 14 his body will bounce back fine. Recovery is basically the time when the workouts ends until the time his next workout starts so “recovery” is a huge window

Sleep and food should do the trick for him as @IndayArtHauz said but a nice postworkout shake (though the “anabolic window” thing is a bit of a myth) I like post workout because the body is in the most perfect setting to absorb nutrients. I don’t take a multivitamin normally but if I do it’s postworkout for example

That’s awesome he’s starting at 14 though. I’ve noticed over the decades that there’s certain developmental windows that really sets people up for later in life and I think around his age is one of them

Advertisement
Back