Strength Coach

Yes, the flat bench could cause shoulder impingement due to locking players/person into a specific position because of the bar. Dumbbells allow true range of nature motion.

Wrong. Only improper technique on the flat bench could cause shoulder impingement. Properly performed, there is no risk of impingement. The standing overhead press has even higher risk of impingement if improperly performed, but zero risk if done correctly. Should we also not do that lift, which is the single most effective upper body lift?

Advertisement
Wrong. Only improper technique on the flat bench could cause shoulder impingement. Properly performed, there is no risk of impingement. The standing overhead press has even higher risk of impingement if improperly performed, but zero risk if done correctly. Should we also not do that lift, which is the single most effective upper body lift?
Dont know why the Olympics took out the overhead press back in the day.

Also, with all this talk about S&C, it seems most people in here have failed to note that power is not a very trainable characteristic to begin with. Unlike strength, which is extremely trainable regardless of genetic makeup, power is very genetics dependent and can only be improved at the margins relatively speaking. The primary focus of any lifts or exercises that train power should be to maintain power as strength increases and also to maintain mobility.

It’s extremely important to note that an elite high school athlete is not going to increase his power significantly in a college S&C program.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Strength & conditioning was the NOT the reason Miami went 7-6 last season.

I've been a Cane fan since the early 90's. Anybody that say Swaseys teams were better conditioned than Felders are just wrong and wrong by a large margin or just suffer from short term memory. I'm not a Gus fan or anything like that and still believe we have room for improvement the new guy can hopefully fulfill but our D had no problems playing physical and fast. Our offensive skill positions looked and played much more physical.

Dump on Richts offense and roster mismanagement all you want but from a physically stand point his era was an upgrade over what we had prior and that's facts. Our Oline was just trash. Yes folks, its called a lack of talent and it can happen.

Strength & conditioning was the NOT the reason Miami went 7-6 last season.
Definitely contributed when we got pushed around in the trenches against teams like BC and Wisconsin. Not just pushed around on offense either those teams were handling the defensive bfront as well. **** we couldn't even get any push against Savannah St. It was obvious

Anyone seen the Ronnie Coleman netflix doc? Scary ****. Pushups and a jump rope for me

The human body isn't meant to shoot up what he was shooting up and taxing his body daily moving insane weights that our joints were never meant to consistently move/pick up

Advertisement
I've been a Cane fan since the early 90's. Anybody that say Swaseys teams were better conditioned than Felders are just wrong and wrong by a large margin or just suffer from short term memory. I'm not a Gus fan or anything like that and still believe we have room for improvement the new guy can hopefully fulfill but our D had no problems playing physical and fast. Our offensive skill positions looked and played much more physical.

Dump on Richts offense and roster mismanagement all you want but from a physically stand point his era was an upgrade over what we had prior and that's facts. Our Oline was just trash. Yes folks, its called a lack of talent and it can happen.
This. I wasn’t a huge fan of the constant HIIT style workouts under Gus because a lot of guys didn’t get stronger or actually seemed to get weaker. But as far as conditioning we were lightyears ahead of Swasey

I seen this and died.

Work them boys into shape!
It will pay off.
FB_IMG_1548777259794.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back