Strength Coach

Definitely contributed when we got pushed around in the trenches against teams like BC and Wisconsin. Not just pushed around on offense either those teams were handling the defensive bfront as well. **** we couldn't even get any push against Savannah St. It was obvious

That's not just strength/power, it's technic too. If you aren't using proper technique and the other guy is he's going to handle you pretty easily. So S&C can be improved, but there's so much more that goes into it that I don't think you'll see much difference. Put it this way, if the guys do different workouts all summer, then we run the same offense and teach blocking the same way we're still going to suck.

Advertisement
Advertisement
This. I wasn’t a huge fan of the constant HIIT style workouts under Gus because a lot of guys didn’t get stronger or actually seemed to get weaker. But as far as conditioning we were lightyears ahead of Swasey

Have you heard anything about how Feeley compares with felder?

Advertisement
Every college that changes S & C regimes goes thru how much better new system is over the old. Opinions on here vary all over the place on various lifts and techniques, but to me don’t care what we do as long as we line up and kick gayturds zzz on line of scrimmage in Orlando.

Not to be "that guy"....but this is the second time in a row where our players think the new work out is better than the previous. We didn't improve much from Swasey -> Felder so we'll see in August if it's truly better.

If we would just adopt Clemson's stringent drug testing program, this time we might be right.

UM

Advertisement
1548865630188.png

Advertisement
I have never heard of a HS team that didn't deadlifts. Every HS I have ever seen at minimum did squat, Overhead press, Bench, weighted Dips, weighted pull/chinups, barbell rows, deadlifts(straight and trap bar), power cleans, and Jerks. You are 100% right. weak core and legs and you are going to get worked.
When I was in HS in the early '60's most HS teams didn't lift at all.

A friend who played and started for UM in the late '60's, including our number 9 ranked team in '67, told me some guys lifted--it was optional, not required.

Advertisement
Back