Strength Coach

I remember seeing videos of Rosier and others doing deadlifts. There was even pictures of the board showing who was top dog in each category.

But I have been wrong before.

Advertisement
I said the same schit after the LSU game and then I said it again after the OL was getting pushed back by FIU and Savanah state lmao. I knew something was up and that gus was trash. I wasn't even one of the dudes that was complaining about him because he was fat. I know some of the strongest dudes are fat, but the guy had no results. The players got fat and slow and weaker. Somethingwas wrong.

Bruh, you telling me it took till the LSU game to realize our S&C was trash? ****. I remember making a thread back in 2017 after the UNC (I think) that we needed to fire Gus after that Syracuse, UNC stretch.

When we couldn't run the ball against 4-3 Syracuse and 1-7 UNC I knew our S&C (and Searles) was trash. Year 2, one 5 Star, three 4 stars, and one 3 star on the OL and we were getting bullied by those teams up front.

This is what happens when you hire a HS S&C coach, neck and hamstring injuries galore.

Advertisement
I thought Nesta had mentioned power clean which works on your explosiveness

Sad to say but in my lifetime of a being a cognitive Canes fan I’ve never witnessed a Canes team that truly pushes people around. Born in 94 so obviously I missed the glory years and was young during the early 2000’s. The most impressive I’ve seen us use our advantage of speed was 2017 vs ND. We looked twice as fast as them especially in the front seven compared to their AA offensive linemen.

I hope the new S&C gets our speed to elite level rather than making us a team we aren’t. Obviously both would be great

Versus UNC in 2013 our Oline dominated them to the point hat we had a game winning drive running the ball the whole way. That Oline was special and underappreciated. Still get your point, and you're not wrong.

Advertisement
But I was told on CIS but some fa@@ot that all strength coaches do the same thing.

Notice Felder didn’t get scooped up to run another strength program. He’s like the 3rd assistant at UNC or something.

Hopefully the malfeasance that has permeated this program since 2003 is gone. Top to bottom we have been a dog **** program since then but it seems like we are gradually improving.

My ****** high school team did squats, deadlift, bench, and power cleans as our main four compound lifts. Everything after that was accessory work. If this is true, I’m lost for words.

My ****** high school team did squats, deadlift, bench, and power cleans as our main four compound lifts. Everything after that was accessory work. If this is true, I’m lost for words.
Our conditioning coach carried more weight than Escobar. Doesn’t surprise me at all.

Advertisement
In this thread: a bunch of guys who find it hard to believe that we never did deadlifts under Felder.

Calling @apfenny3...is this true?

Not to be "that guy"....but this is the second time in a row where our players think the new work out is better than the previous. We didn't improve much from Swasey -> Felder so we'll see in August if it's truly better.

It’s true. New S&C, new “we’re working harder than ever” type of comments. Been reading this **** for eons

Advertisement
I said the same schit after the LSU game and then I said it again after the OL was getting pushed back by FIU and Savanah state lmao. I knew something was up and that gus was trash. I wasn't even one of the dudes that was complaining about him because he was fat. I know some of the strongest dudes are fat, but the guy had no results. The players got fat and slow and weaker. Somethingwas wrong.
Guess some guys never heard the term fat jacked

Weightlifting WTF.gif

Advertisement
Back