Strength Coach

Advertisement
Hopefully they are using proper form.
c5c3b33a412f9876eaea87fe56ffd058.gif

Wow...I expected better from you...She doesn't have enough meat on her bones bro.

Sad to say but in my lifetime of a being a cognitive Canes fan I’ve never witnessed a Canes team that truly pushes people around. Born in 94 so obviously I missed the glory years and was young during the early 2000’s. The most impressive I’ve seen us use our advantage of speed was 2017 vs ND. We looked twice as fast as them especially in the front seven compared to their AA offensive linemen.

I hope the new S&C gets our speed to elite level rather than making us a team we aren’t. Obviously both would be great

Advertisement
Real strength; real endurance? Dead lifts. Even in high school we did dead lifts, and my high school team sucked. If your core and legs ain’t strong, u toast in the trenches!

I have never heard of a HS team that didn't deadlifts. Every HS I have ever seen at minimum did squat, Overhead press, Bench, weighted Dips, weighted pull/chinups, barbell rows, deadlifts(straight and trap bar), power cleans, and Jerks. You are 100% right. weak core and legs and you are going to get worked.

Not to be "that guy"....but this is the second time in a row where our players think the new work out is better than the previous. We didn't improve much from Swasey -> Felder so we'll see in August if it's truly better.

This is just false. Our guys were slow and fat as **** under Golden/Swasey. There was significant improvement under Felder. We had a structured program, nutrition plan, and Felder could actually be in the weight room.

But there's a higher level we hopefully can get to with the new guy. Felder focused too much on machines and didnt seem to be a good motivator

Sad to say but in my lifetime of a being a cognitive Canes fan I’ve never witnessed a Canes team that truly pushes people around. Born in 94 so obviously I missed the glory years and was young during the early 2000’s. The most impressive I’ve seen us use our advantage of speed was 2017 vs ND. We looked twice as fast as them especially in the front seven compared to their AA offensive linemen.

I hope the new S&C gets our speed to elite level rather than making us a team we aren’t. Obviously both would be great

I feel for you bro. We were truly bullies. Our team combined elite strength w elite speed. Even if you go back to watch our old games in the 80’s, you’ll constantly hear the announcers say “you can’t go side line to side line w Miami, they’re too fast.” Or you’ll hear “This Miami team is so dominant up the middle.”

But I want to see our speed increase, as well. This is still not up to Miami speed. This is not Santana Moss, Devin Hester, Clinton Portis, Ray Lewis, Phillip Buchanon, Sean Taylor, Thrill Hill, Kellen Winslow, Lamar Miller fast we’re seeing. We need our guys to be that fast again.

I have never heard of a HS team that didn't deadlifts. Every HS I have ever seen at minimum did squat, Overhead press, Bench, weighted Dips, weighted pull/chinups, barbell rows, deadlifts(straight and trap bar), power cleans, and Jerks. You are 100% right. weak core and legs and you are going to get worked.

Facts, bro. Like real spit, I’m literally shocked to hear this right now. I forgot who negged me (but I know we’re good now), but I said after the LSU game this DL was not dominant. They would have moments and stretches, but they were getting blown off the ball way too much. I have no idea what Gus was doing, but it wasn’t right and I’m so glad Manny 86’d him.

Advertisement
Facts, bro. Like real spit, I’m literally shocked to hear this right now. I forgot who negged me (but I know we’re good now), but I said after the LSU game this DL was not dominant. They would have moments and stretches, but they were getting blown off the ball way too much. I have no idea what Gus was doing, but it wasn’t right and I’m so glad Manny 86’d him.

I said the same schit after the LSU game and then I said it again after the OL was getting pushed back by FIU and Savanah state lmao. I knew something was up and that gus was trash. I wasn't even one of the dudes that was complaining about him because he was fat. I know some of the strongest dudes are fat, but the guy had no results. The players got fat and slow and weaker. Somethingwas wrong.

Last edited:
Deadlifts and Squats will get you strong, Olympic Lifting and Plyometrics improve power/speed.

From what I understood Felder was doing the workouts where you go to failure with sub-maximal weights. It’s more like bodybuilding where you’ll increase the size of your muscles, but not the functional strength/power that a football player needs to possess.

Advertisement
Find it hard to believe we didn't do deadlifts. Deadlifts are common even at "luxury" gyms frequented by rich women. Any confirmation on that by Tweed or guys who know some details? Maybe just hyperbole to communicate a point by Nesta?

Maybe we can workout together one day.

:)

Advertisement
This is just false. Our guys were slow and fat as **** under Golden/Swasey. There was significant improvement under Felder. We had a structured program, nutrition plan, and Felder could actually be in the weight room.

But there's a higher level we hopefully can get to with the new guy. Felder focused too much on machines and didnt seem to be a good motivator

Performance > Appearance

Dont care how they look. Who had gotten "faster" that was "slow" under Golden? Infact, didnt Stacy Coley look slower In 2017 compared to his previous years?

Also, the nutrition program is an attachment to the program that Richt started, not Felder...

Find it hard to believe we didn't do deadlifts. Deadlifts are common even at "luxury" gyms frequented by rich women. Any confirmation on that by Tweed or guys who know some details? Maybe just hyperbole to communicate a point by Nesta?

Lmao that can’t possibly be true, right???

Advertisement
Back