Strength Coach

72106c8bbb5ef2496b52ad7a993593dd.gif

Advertisement
I think that getting off the HiTT type training they were doing with Gus will pay huge dividends this season. Guys would get swole from doing those sets Lllo failure, but it affected their power and functional strength.

That’s why our front 7 had trouble with BC, LSU and Wisconsin.

Watch the difference when you’re doing the Olympic lifts and base lifts focusing on strength and power development.
Do you mean HIIT? High intensity interval training. I do that to stay trim. Never heard of this HiTT. Serious questions. Not being an ****.

Advertisement
I feel for you bro. We were truly bullies. Our team combined elite strength w elite speed. Even if you go back to watch our old games in the 80’s, you’ll constantly hear the announcers say “you can’t go side line to side line w Miami, they’re too fast.” Or you’ll hear “This Miami team is so dominant up the middle.”

But I want to see our speed increase, as well. This is still not up to Miami speed. This is not Santana Moss, Devin Hester, Clinton Portis, Ray Lewis, Phillip Buchanon, Sean Taylor, Thrill Hill, Kellen Winslow, Lamar Miller fast we’re seeing. We need our guys to be that fast again.
Don’t forget elite intimidation.

Don’t forget elite intimidation.

Facts. As soon as we stepped on the field, it was over. ****, they made “Miami Rules” that are still in effect til this day b/c of us! Lol.

What other program was known for catching a pass for a FIRST DOWN over a defender, then taking off the helmet just so that defender could see his face and taunt him?? What other program had players sacking a QB and the d-lineman purposely rolled over him like a dog, rubbing his ******* over their helmet and got up to dance? We were the ultimate bad guys.

Just hoping Manny allow these kids to embrace that. Hope he has a meet w JJ, Schnelly and Erickson to find out what made us who we were.

Facts. As soon as we stepped on the field, it was over. ****, they made “Miami Rules” that are still in effect til this day b/c of us! Lol.

What other program was known for catching a pass for a FIRST DOWN over a defender, then taking off the helmet just so that defender could see his face and taunt him?? What other program had players sacking a QB and the d-lineman purposely rolled over him like a dog, rubbing his ******* over their helmet and got up to dance? We were the ultimate bad guys.

Just hoping Manny allow these kids to embrace that. Hope he has a meet w JJ, Schnelly and Erickson to find out what made us who we were.
Truth.

I talked to a folk in the know.

We got on Swasey because he didn't have a degree in exercise physiology and wasn't certified.

And then we hired another S&C coach (Felder) that didn't have a degree in exercise physiology and also wasn't certified. Felder's background is in powerlifting. It's one thing to teach a guy to squat 600 pounds. It's another thing to get athletes moving explosively, powerfully, and quickly.

Finally, we now have a coach that actually has a master's degree in exercise physiology. Trending up . . .

Advertisement

Hard to believe at this level of play, the coaches don't do the proper research to find a real lifting coach. That's sad! Many of the lifts would be the same for the entire team, but there should be specific lifts for the positions they play. No dead lifts for a linemen, the last guy shouldn't be training anyone if that's true. JMO

I’m as excited as anyone about our new S&C Coach, but coming from someone in the same field ...there’s is not too many variables that can be obtained that will make us elite , outside of utilizing a PED regiment. It just is what it is. Nutrition and proper form only get you so far. Having said that, Improvement can be made, but if ur expecting us to LOOK like Bama or Clemson , u will be disappointed.

Advertisement
Deadlifts and Squats will get you strong, Olympic Lifting and Plyometrics improve power/speed.

From what I understood Felder was doing the workouts where you go to failure with sub-maximal weights. It’s more like bodybuilding where you’ll increase the size of your muscles, but not the functional strength/power that a football player needs to possess.
Which leads to a sh*t ton of injuries if you're a Football player & not bodybuilder.

I remember seeing videos of Rosier and others doing deadlifts. There was even pictures of the board showing who was top dog in each category.

But I have been wrong before.

U are correct sir. I remember that as well.

I’m as excited as anyone about our new S&C Coach, but coming from someone in the same field ...there’s is not too many variables that can be obtained that will make us elite , outside of utilizing a PED regiment. It just is what it is. Nutrition and proper form only get you so far. Having said that, Improvement can be made, but if ur expecting us to LOOK like Bama or Clemson , u will be disappointed.

I’ve worked with college and pro athletes. How you periodize the program as well as exercises you choose can make a huge difference. Using Olympic lifts, chains, bands, plyometrics etc can help develop great improvements on the field compared to someone using high reps and drop sets etc which can help with hypertrophy and endurance, but won’t get the strength and power that we need.

Advertisement
We didn't do a lot of flat barbell bench under Felder but we did every other compound lift when I had him

And that's fine bc the traditional flat barbell bench, while beneficial, is not as critical as other lifts. Hammer strength and dumbbell presses are more natural movements for the chest/shoulders and the dumbbells better incorporate stabilizer muscles. Too many guys use bad form on the bench trying to put up the heaviest weight and incorporate shoulders, putting too much strain on a very small joint. Too many guys also over-develop the front/side delts and ignore the rear delt.

I’ve worked with college and pro athletes. How you periodize the program as well as exercises you choose can make a huge difference. Using Olympic lifts, chains, bands, plyometrics etc can help develop great improvements on the field compared to someone using high reps and drop sets etc which can help with hypertrophy and endurance, but won’t get the strength and power that we need.

True. Olympic lifts help with over all body functional strength and explosiveness . Cables, chains and bands keep tension on the joint, tendon, main muscle and stabilizer muscle, and plyometrics simulate movement and help the development of that type 2 fast twitch muscle fiber. However everything u mention gets ENHANCED with PEDs.

Do you think there is chance we start doing what those two are doing with new regime??

Advertisement
Back