STRENGHT AND CONDITIONING COACH

Advertisement
Advertisement
I’m not sure if it’s tackling technique or a weight room issue when it comes to us making contact then getting dragged 3-5 yards after contact
Look; I got killed last season when I said the off season photos ain’t matching what we’re seeing. But our players are getting drug down field and often. We are not an explosive team, and I questioned the sincerity of how many guys were being clocked at “20 mphs.”

I’m not sure what to think, but I got ?’s.

Technique. And I’m willing to bet that Manny runs a pretty light practice. Heavy on teaching, light on physical contact because (1) he want to be liked and known as a player coach (2) he may fee he doesn’t have the depth to be losing people on practice.

the “thumping” technique is trash. The little tackle and roll thing they do when they are tackling the bag.

I mean they could be better! I saw King waiting for a bottle in the 2nd quarter. Unacceptable

BD580414-CFD3-4CF4-AC7C-C71D0AC6B39C.gif

Technique. And I’m willing to bet that Manny runs a pretty light practice. Heavy on teaching, light on physical contact because (1) he want to be liked and known as a player coach (2) he may fee he doesn’t have the depth to be losing people on practice.

the “thumping” technique is trash. The little tackle and roll thing they do when they are tackling the bag.
Manny's practices the last 2yrs are a complete joke in comparison to Butch's in the 90s...and so were Goldens and Richts....Butch's practices from the mid 90s to late 90s were tougher than actual games...

Advertisement
Should be given his walking papers. What does DIAZ have to do in all this?. Like I mentioned before, we look small compared to other teams. It's the foundation of your team to be hungry in the weight room.
Lmao...there has been a lot of **** talk about coaching, but this right here is by far a pure example... Of

YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THE F**% YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT...

rules changed a lot too since 20-25 years ago too.
No excuses....the effort on GreenTree back then Sh*ts on anything the last 20yrs....Butch would drag you tf off the field by the face mask if need be...There was no BSing around....players were more accountable....and were MUCH better coached...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Maintaining strength during season is a different animal. That’s why 3 out of the top 4 openly juice to maintain strength throughout the season. OState isn’t as noticeable as Clemson, bama, and uga.
I’m going with 4 out of 4. It’s honestly the only way to maintain strength over the course of any season; football, baseball or basketball

UVA was a ginormous team OP. I was at the game and you could see the difference. Their players are just bigger than ours. And they were pushing us around from time to time. We live by the speed, we will die by the speed. Can’t really have both. Wish we would have used our speed on offense to the edge more (Chaney did) and blitz more up the A and B gap on defense. That’s why we have a tough time with the Wisconsin’s of the world. We desire a different body type of player.

Advertisement
Back