STRENGHT AND CONDITIONING COACH

Advertisement
We didn’t look smaller than Clemson minus the starting WRs. We looked poorly coached up and unprepared.
@Mr. Dynasty1, You read my mind a little too much, and that's GREAT! You articulate it really well, and I enjoy reading the majority of your posts..... because you're on point and you say it with conviction, without batting an eye!! Ruthless, thank you.

South Florida HS players for the most part are smaller. Speed seems to be the focal point rather than strength. We got guys that weigh close to 300lbs coming in from HS not being able to bench their own weight. The HS players up in NJ just seem to be more developed. Maybe because it’s cold up north and there’s nothing else to do in the winter.

Should be given his walking papers. What does DIAZ have to do in all this?. Like I mentioned before, we look small compared to other teams. It's the foundation of your team to be hungry in the weight room.

Some of our WR's haven't even hit puberty yet. Idk how an S&C coach is going to help.

Advertisement
00B37631-92BE-4C6D-969B-198BB01ED923.gif

Should be given his walking papers. What does DIAZ have to do in all this?. Like I mentioned before, we look small compared to other teams. It's the foundation of your team to be hungry in the weight room.
A few thoughts from a Strength coach.

1. We barely redshirt guys and really give them a chance to grow (Look at our transfers for example, Phillips looks completely different)
2. This off-season was all kinds of ****ed.
3. We've been relatively healthy, S&C plays a huge role into that. (I swear Gus big *** is a reason we had 3 major neck injuries)
4. Guys that should be gaining weight and RS this year are who you need to evaluate the coach on the most
5. We are weak in the Oline (See above about redshirt years) and also we didn't recruit well there.
6. Is Feeley the best? I doubt it but he is **** good, as is FAUs staff (Watch for them to move up)
7. You get what you pay for. Alabama upped their S&C budget and has some of the best coaches around with all the science and technology you can pay for, It is what it is.
8. Our issues are not S&C related; playcalling, execution, effort (See WR staying after practice) are all more significant than S&C issues.

That's just my thoughts

What I meant is that it should be mandatory to hit the weight room during the season. That's all. Please folks be respectful. It's all good. Maybe this one was over my head.
It is.
Sunday you do a light recovery workout/run
Tuesday you lift heavy
Wednesday generally a light lift
Thursday and Friday rest
Saturday play
Rince and Repeat

For whats it's worth Feeley was looking at doing Pregame workouts (Nothing crazy but there is something called post activation potientiation that teams are looking into maximizing) Light olympic lifts and stuff like that. Not ******* Curls like Dumb *** GT did last year

***He is not the only one trying to use this PAP on game days or the nights before, other teams do as well***

Advertisement
CHILD PLEASE!!!

Advertisement

1. We barely redshirt guys and really give them a chance to grow (Look at our transfers for example, Phillips looks completely different)
3. We've been relatively healthy, S&C plays a huge role into that. (I swear Gus big *** is a reason we had 3 major neck injuries)
4. Guys that should be gaining weight and RS this year are who you need to evaluate the coach on the most
5. We are weak in the Oline (See above about redshirt years) and also we didn't recruit well there.
6. Is Feeley the best? I doubt it but he is **** good, as is FAUs staff (Watch for them to move up)
7. You get what you pay for. Alabama upped their S&C budget and has some of the best coaches around with all the science and technology you can pay for, It is what it is.
8. Our issues are not S&C related; playcalling, execution, effort (See WR staying after practice) are all more significant than S&C issues.

That's just my thoughts
It is.
Sunday you do a light recovery workout/run
Tuesday you lift heavy
Wednesday generally a light lift
Thursday and Friday rest
Saturday play
Rince and Repeat

For whats it's worth Feeley was looking at doing Pregame workouts (Nothing crazy but there is something called post activation potientiation that teams are looking into maximizing) Light olympic lifts and stuff like that. Not ******* Curls like Dumb *** GT did last year

***He is not the only one trying to use this PAP on game days or the nights before, other teams do as well***
I am a Strength Coach as well (MS, CSCS) and I agree with literally all of this.

It's truly astounding how many people run their mouths about S&C and have no idea what even goes into it. Also I've said it before but I love that he is implementing PAP.

Also, it starts with recruiting. Do you really think you can just train Pope to look like Julio Jones? Cochran had the easiest job in the world at Bama; people thought he looked like some sort of genius because he was training the best players in the country right out of high school.

I am a Strength Coach as well (MS, CSCS) and I agree with literally all of this.

It's truly astounding how many people run their mouths about S&C and have no idea what even goes into it. Also I've said it before but I love that he is implementing PAP.

Also, it starts with recruiting. Do you really think you can just train Pope to look like Julio Jones? Cochran had the easiest job in the world at Bama; people thought he looked like some sort of genius because he was training the best players in the country right out of high school.
I might have to pick your brain some time.
CSCS as well. Never got my master's tho.
In his defense he backtracked and admitted that he was ill-informed

Advertisement

That's just my thoughts
Go new guy

Advertisement
Back